FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Warnock's publicity campaign......

maimie

Copy of post from kickback for those not registered...

Ok, hear me out.

I think that I fall in with the vast majority of Hearts supporters at present. We are all grateful to Mr. Romanov for saving the Club from the Pieman and Murrayfield.

However, that is history.

We are now in the position where we are spending significantly more on our playing staff than any club outside the Old Firm and whilst we managed to scrape together a challenge for third place last season against an Aberdeen club paying about a third of the wages that we do (a damning indictment in itself), we look even more inadequate this season. If the transfer window closes without signing at least one goalscoring forward, I genuinely feel we may lose our record of being top six every year since the split began

I think it is also common ground amongst many fans that one of the key elements on the playing side which is missing is that we do not have a traditional manager in place; someone who will assess the playing staff, choose the team and tactics and be able to adjust them during the course of matches to suit circumstances.

Now we all have our suspicions about whether Romanov would allow that to happen. However, it seems to me that we could sit here on Kickback and moan and gripe about it for ever and he won't listen. In my view, what we need to do is to get our message over via the media and at matches.

However, it is singularly impractical for us to be sending out the message "We want a manager". In my view, the message needs to be more focussed so that it can be easily assimilated by the vast majority of the fan base - songs at matches, press comment, perhaps even a postcard campaign.

In my opinion, whilst he has never set the heather on fire in terms of trophy wins, I believe that campaign ought to be focusssing on Neil Warnock who, during the summer stated publicly that he would love the job and is now repeating once again that he would love to manage in Scotland (interestingly, not limiting himself to Inverness).

It seems to me that Warnock would give us a manager who knows about players, who knows about football and tactics, who speaks English and can communicate and, above all, who is passionate about the game. To be honest, we dont need a world beater. We need someone who can motivate the prima donnas and phanny merchants, we need someone who can weed out the rubbish and we need someone who will put an attractive attacking side on the park.

It is my strongly held view that if he is given power to do that, the rest (in terms of results and challenges to the OF) will follow naturally.

So, my message is this - WARNOCK FOR HEARTS !!!

If you agree, please state your agreement on this thread as well as any ideas for turning this idea into a proper campaign.

And please please dont point out that Romanov won't wear it. Romanov has shown in the past that whilst he is woefully out of his depth when it comes to the footballing side of the club, he loves the adulation of the fans. Just imagine 15,000 voices at Tynecastle singing "We want Warnock" every week. Is he going to be able to ignore it.

GC

Hopefully, Warnock wouldnt entertain the management merry go round that is Hearts.....and come to us instead. Am kinda building my hopes up. Would be intresting at the meeting tonight if everybody sed they wanted Warnock.