FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The case for Brewster

1.) How organised we were! Fair enough we were but it was dull as **** to watch. Trying to beat teams on the counter attack at home produced truly rubbish football to watch. It was a great idea away from home and worked well but it seemed to be our ONLY tactic

I'd take being dull as **** over relegation.  I think that we are seeing reverse rose-tinted spectacle syndrome regarding Brewsters brand of football.  We produced some fantastic displays when he was manager.  4-1 v Livingston, 2-0 Hearts, 3-2 v Dundee in the top six 'decider', wins over Hibs, the televised game against Celtic where we gave the eventual champions a pummelling and almost took the points.  Listening to some posters on here you'd think that we drew every game 0-0.  It was Brewster who gave Ian Black hsi debut in the side and signed Craig Dargo.

2. He's more experienced now!! Aye at losing :023:

Brewster will have gained experience at Tannadice, he had to deal with different players, different situations and he will (hopefully!) have learned from the harsh experience he had there.

3.) He wouldn't be so quick to leave us again. This is the one that truly stumps me. The nature of football is that the better you do the higher up the food chain you go whether that be as a player or manager. If you are doing well you attract attention from bigger fish that's always been the way of it and always will.  If he's doing well there is no way that Brewster would turn down a move to say Celtic or Rangers is they came knocking 18 months down the line

That is true of any manager.  If we appointed Warnock it would be more of a factor - clubs from all levels of English football can probably offer more money than us and if he had even a few montsh of success teams from the Championship would be sniffing around him.  As a smaller club with fewer resources than a lot of our rivals that is something we will have to deal with.

One factor is that we are in a dire situation NOW.  We can't afford for a manager to spend time getting to know the players.  After the Dundee utd game we play Hibs, Celtic and Hearts - we are in a dire situation and need to get going soon.  Brewster knows the players (10 of the 13 who played on Saturday played under him) and can hopefully slot in without disruption.

Also, a lot of ***** is talked about loyalty in football.  I remember Richard Hastings saying he was leaving to better himself at a bigger club then signing for County which lead to huge bitterness, yet he's fully accepted back now.  I also remember barry Wilson being booed everytime he came back with Livingston and him taking the **** out of our fans after he scored against us, anyone bothered about that now?  I also remember the same vitriol being poured on Pele and Robbo when they left, indeed did some people refuse to go tot he pre-season game against Aberdire when pele was boss?

If Brewster signs and then we win on Saturday I'll happily kiss his big grey mush, 'judus' or no. :crazy07: