FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A Wee Thinker.......

CaleyD

Could the "Highland Curse" which we often find solace in when players and managers go elsewhere and fail also be our biggest hindrance???

I have a theory, but would like to hear other people's reactions to the above question.

Philosophy, not Prophecy is what I have offered to share...

The "Highland Curse" - A belief among those who support ICT that anyone departing the stadium seeking greener pastures will be met with misfortune.  A curse for others, a gift for us....but not if you take a closer look.

A couple of you have chosen to mock the idea of "a curse" and you know what, your spot on.  Curses don't exist, but if they don't exist then something else must exist to explain why those departing from ICT rarely flourish.

Think some more and I'll get back to you again in a bit....

Ah BUT !!    What happens to those who choose to return to ICT.....have many done that before our CB?  If so, what did The Highland Curse choose to do with them I wonder??

A valid point and one which I will cover later, but your still not telling me what phenomenon the "Highland Curse" represents, what situation or actions empower it.

its because we over estimate how successful people are while in inverness

guys who have suffered from the 'curse' like proctor, hislop, pele, robbo etc all had their problems and obvious shortfalls while in the employment of ict

Also a valid point and one which plays a factor in my theory.

The Immortal One has asked that I let you all sleep on it so as he can experiment with his thought transfer powers.  If it works  someone should have hit on the "Bigger Picture" at some point tomorrow morning.