FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bigotry songs question

stomach

Maime, had Scotland been split in two like Ireland, maybe we would have had the same rough ride to Independance, pressuming we even got it in the first place.

funny - i always thought that scotland used to be a country in it's own right at one stage many moons ago......

so - because the irish continued to fight makes it ok for celtc fans to sing song about those fights and those who fought at football matches?  scotland is on it's way to independence. we seem to be along the same time scales to achieve this as the irish and have done it without the violence we have seen there so to compare the 2 is a bit wrong

and here's me thinking that celtc were a scottish club too...

as i've said before there is no place in football for these kind of songs from either side...  in my very humble opinion of course....

The Irish, as in those who reside in Eire have not fought since the Easter risings of 1926 whence they won independance for all bar the north east corner of their island. The nationalists in Ulster have fought to have that part of the island of Ireland re-instated with Eire. But that is an arguement that should have no place in scottish football.

TinCanFan, I dont think they held auditions for king of scots back then. The true history is that there were seven earls of Scotland, Each being a King of his own lands and clans. Those clans were forever fighting against each other. The last King of Scots, for none could be king of the land, prior to Bruce, was Alexander who fell of a cliff at Kinghorn in Fife. Alexander had no heir so Edward Longshanks of England decided this was an opportunity for him to impose his will on the Scots by inserting Balliol to the throne. People objected to this and along came Bruce and the Wallace. Each one was king for a time. Incidentally, dont believe the Braveheart story. They use a lot of poetic licence. For example Wallace was captured and sent to the rack after the battle of Falkirk, eight years before Bannockburn.

To all, my comments on this subject are not intended to support one side or the other of the great religious divide but are supported by my passion for the history of these islands we live in.

To all, my comments on this subject are not intended to support one side or the other of the great religious divide but are supported by my passion for the history of these islands we live in.

So why are you saying that Rangers supporters are worse than Celtic supporters, oh passionate one..?

Ps... Lest anyone get the wrong idea, Alex isn't passionate about me, he's passionate about the history of the British Isles....  :014:

the bigot brothers are both scum of the lowest form.i have in the past debated as to which of the two i find most despicable and just  couldn't seperate them.they are a disgrace to this country which  must be somewhat ironic given both the cnuts associate themselves with two other countries, one that doesn't want them in their league and another that hasn't got a proper league.

Guest TinCanFan

TinCanFan, I dont think they held auditions for king of scots back then. The true history is that there were seven earls of Scotland

That's probably what they meant and is Braveheart any good?  I've never seen it.

the bigot brothers are both scum of the lowest form.i have in the past debated as to which of the two i find most despicable and just  couldn't seperate them.they are a disgrace to this country which  must be somewhat ironic given both the cnuts associate themselves with two other countries, one that doesn't want them in their league and another that hasn't got a proper league.

Well said  :clapping03:

TinCanFan, I dont think they held auditions for king of scots back then. The true history is that there were seven earls of Scotland

That's probably what they meant and is Braveheart any good?  I've never seen it.

I would like to think they did have auditions for King of Scots back then and that the main judge was famous throughout the land for his witty putdowns and for wearing his kilt far to high  :rolleyes02:

I take it you are kidding when you say you haven't seen Braveheart? If not then go watch it, it is a very good film ( and the soundtrack is great too)

So why are you saying that Rangers supporters are worse than Celtic supporters, oh passionate one..?

Pray tell me oh wisened one where I made that statement. Personally I can't be ersed with either of them.

Ps... Lest anyone get the wrong idea, Alex isn't passionate about me, he's passionate about the history of the British Isles....  :014:

I dont think singing about being "up to our knees in fenian blood" is really appropriate in this day and age. Nor is it appropriate to chant "f*ck the pope and the vatican" between verses of other songs. Those words are not only winding up Celtic fans but all catholics.

Well.... the above statement was true, but nitpickers might suggest it is not completely balanced....