FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

questions for the supporters trust to ask the board

caley89

would it be possible for the supporters trust to ask the board (especially mr savage) if it is possible for the start of next season (2008/2009) that the singing section get a section to themselves in the north stand? (which the majority of the people in the singing section want)

if this is unable to happen could the board look at two other possibilties:

1) put a roof on th west stand and make it a stand only for th singing section?

or

2) build a new west stand (like the main stand at ross county). this means 1 half of the pitch will be used for away fans, more seating for old firm fans. also the home side of the new stand could be used as the family section. not only will the family section have new and better viewing seats but they will also be far away from the bad language of the north stand. potentially section G and section H could be used as a singing section which would mean that the large number of people that were singing on tuesday night will be a more common ocurrence.

obviously idea number 1) is a cheaper idea than idea number 2), but atleast idea number 2) has a far greater potential of helping th club economically in the future. i.e. more old firm fans coming to inverness

anyone else got any other suggestions??

Caley4life - you have some good suggestions,  but we have thought about these in the past.  Last season were were going to try to allocate a section in the north stand, but as this means asking season ticket holders to give up their seats, the chairman built the west stand.  The west stand may well make a good family section, but there are already a great number of family section seats in the north stand and I doubt that they would all be happy to be moved.  Especially as some of them were just moved there this season.  People become very territorial about their seats (well I know I do mine lol)

I am just about to post some suggestions on how to move this forward, hope they help.

Wasn't quite sure where to post this or whether to start a new thread, but I don't think it'll get lost here.

Following out scheduled monthly Supporter's Trust board meeting I would like to raise a couple of points on behalf of the Trust board

Firstly, other than the incident we all already know about, there has been no official communication via the Trust, via phone or e-mail with regard to Saturday's game.  In fact it would seem that stewarding throughout the game was handled well.  For obvious reasons we cannot comment on the eviction early on in the game. 

We believe that there were complaints from current season ticket holders within Section G who couldn't access their seats as they were occupied by the singing section, this led to the stewards checking tickets and ensuring people were sitting in the correct areas.

Our suggestions to those of you who want to sit together and sing and create an atmosphere is that you will need permanent seats in order for this to be possible, so if you are a season ticket holder, then exchange it for the area you want to sit. For those who don't have season tickets, you can buy tickets in the ticket office prior to the game. (If you want a good choice of seat, then try to do this as soon as possible after the tickets go on sale). The next game is going to be the Aberdeen game which usually has a big crowd.  Therefore before this game can you buy or exchange a ticket for the area you want to be in, this is the only way you can ensure being seated close together.  There are areas of the North Stand less populated than others so why don't you get together and pop into the ticket office to see what the options are.

The West Stand is still available to you if you want to take up this option.  I know that the lack of a roof is a problem, but that will be sorted if the stand is being seen to be used.  No point in spending the money if nobody is going to use it. Catch 22 I know.

The increased atmosphere is appreciated by many fans and definitely by the team on the park, but it's the big games we need it most, so we recommend you get down and either buy your tickets early or exchange your season tickets as appropriate.

We remain confident that this 'Singing Section' can be a success with a little common sense shown from all parties concerned.

I will repeat that we should have big crowd for the Aberdeen game (as this is the first time we're going to record a win over them. lol), so it will be important that you sit in the seat you have a ticket for. It's 3 weeks away so you have plenty of time to do something about it.

Was wondering if the "On line ticketing" service is anywhere near ready , it been "coming soon" for over a year on the clubs web site.

This would make it easy-er to see what seats are available in section G. and buy your ticket accordingly.

Was wondering if the "On line ticketing" service is anywhere near ready , it been "coming soon" for over a year

maybe a year on club website but try nearly three years in all !!!

Was wondering if the "On line ticketing" service is anywhere near ready , it been "coming soon" for over a year on the clubs web site.

This would make it easy-er to see what seats are available in section G. and buy your ticket accordingly.

As Scotty says this has been discussed for some time now.  I have heard a mention of it again recently, but no idea if that makes it any closer.  It would certainly be easier to administer this.  There is another section with more space available in it, possible D I think it might have been.  While we wait for an update in the technology front, I'm sure the ladies in the ticket office will be happy to have a look for you.

Please don't leave it until the day before the game as the choice will be limited.  Act now if you are going to do anything. You have had plenty warning.

Am I missing something here?

Nobody can stop you from buying the spare tickets iin Section G; of which there are many. Nobody can stop you from singing.

Most people around you will join in and want to join in they just need your leadership. Those that don't like it can either move themselves but have (I say again) no option but to listen to you singing provided that......

You don't stand, dont swear (too much :023:), don't abuse them.

Alright, you might have to sit down when told by stewards :018:, you might have the odd quiet one sitting around you but you already have a singing section...it is whereaver the singers sit!!

Now..where should that be? Well we need others to follow your lead so it needs to be where it is most likely to catch on....Section G behind the goal.

Can't see the problem lads...we have already got a singing section and it worked well last week. I was one of those nearby who joined in and appreciated your efforts.

However, if you want a section where ONLY singers can sit, where you are allowed to stand all the time and where you can basically do what you want without any stewarding intervention you might be waiting forever or, best case, be miles away from anybody else.  Whereupon you defeat your own objective.

You singers are great, stay where you are doing what you are doing, just play the game. then they can't touch you for it..win/win.

MacBandy - you are absolutely right they can buy tickets for section G - or any section they like where there are available seats.  Where we have big crowds the ticket office will sell these vacant seats and the 'singers' will then have to revert to their original seats or the seat they get if they pay at the gate.  My only point is that the Aberdeen game will have a big crowd so they should sort something out, even if it's just for this one game as there will not be space if they leave it too late.  No objections at all to them being in section G, but they will have to have valid tickets for this area, especially for the bigger games. 

MacBandy - you are absolutely right they can buy tickets for section G - or any section they like where there are available seats.  Where we have big crowds the ticket office will sell these vacant seats and the 'singers' will then have to revert to their original seats or the seat they get if they pay at the gate.   My only point is that the Aberdeen game will have a big crowd so they should sort something out, even if it's just for this one game as there will not be space if they leave it too late.  No objections at all to them being in section G, but they will have to have valid tickets for this area, especially for the bigger games. 

Can't they get their current season ticket seats changed permanently? If they are not season ticket holders then they will have be first in the line to get the seats they want for the big games but that's not a major problem nor unreasonable is it?

MacBandy - you are absolutely right they can buy tickets for section G - or any section they like where there are available seats.  Where we have big crowds the ticket office will sell these vacant seats and the 'singers' will then have to revert to their original seats or the seat they get if they pay at the gate.   My only point is that the Aberdeen game will have a big crowd so they should sort something out, even if it's just for this one game as there will not be space if they leave it too late.  No objections at all to them being in section G, but they will have to have valid tickets for this area, especially for the bigger games. 

Can't they get their current season ticket seats changed permanently? If they are not season ticket holders then they will have be first in the line to get the seats they want for the big games but that's not a major problem nor unreasonable is it?

:004:

Definitely no problem changing their season tickets permanently, other than the fact that I think some of them may have family section tickets which are cheaper that the rest of the North Stand, so there may be a cost issue.  As I have tried to say, the non season ticket holders need to get their tickets as soon as they go on sale to ensure getting the choice of seat.  I'm not sure if the club would be happy to reserve some as they have done this before and they weren't taken up.  They have to get themselves down to the ticket office to see what they can do.  If we can help we will, but I think that this is something that they should be able to arrange for themselves without too much of a problem.

I assume that most people have contacts with those who are currently doing the singing.  Why not getting into contact with them and liasing with the club and supporters trust in reserving tickets for those who want them before they went on sale, giving them a grace period of a few days before the tickets are then released for general sale.

I have no problem moving to accomodate the singers for the lesser games, but the section they have taken over is I imagine already sold to season ticket holders mostly.  My seat is in the centre of this wrangle and I moved along on Saturday, but beware, not everybody will be willing to move.  I know of at least one other person who had to ask more than once for someone to move out of their season ticket seat on Saturday.  The area that the singers have adopted is probably the best viewing section in the North stand and I would not expect many to give up their seats easily.  I would expect to take my same season ticket seat next season as well as it is prime seating.

What these young guys need to understand is that they do not have a right to be in that area unless they have purchased seats showing that number on them. As I said, should not really have been an issue against the likes of Falkirk, but for the sell out games it is a no goer I'm afraid.  The only way to sort it out is get together at the start of next season and block buy a section providing nobody else has already bought their seats in that area..........unfortunately this will not happen in the section you are trying to take over.

Still, plenty room elsewhere and keep up the noise.

I noticed that the singing section in Pittodrie moved this year, lower down in the Donald stand and block booked a section with an option on the seats next to this, should demand dictate.

The notice I saw was urging singing fans to get in quickly before the option was lost.

I accept that this takes a bit of organising by both the fans and the club but, it would appear, it can be done!

would it be possible for section G to be named the "official" singing section as of the start of next season? this is so that people who are wanting to buy a season ticket in the singing section will be put in section G with the rest of us.

THE G SPOT: (from Wikepedia)

The Gr?fenberg spot, or G-spot, is a small area in the Caledonian Thistle Stadium in the North Stand, surrounding the Longman and accessible through the anterior wall of the Moray Firth. It is putatively an erogenous zone that when stimulated leads to high levels of sexual arousal and powerful orgasms.[1]

There is a great deal of dispute about the reality of the G-spot in the scientific community. Most of the strong support for the claim comes from books aimed at a popular audience.[2]

The term "G-spot" was coined by MacKenzie et al. in 2007.[3] It is named after the Highland gynaecologists Ben Doon and Phil McCracken who are claimed to have first hypothesized the existence of such an area in 1950. The G-spot didn't enter public consciousness until last year with the publication of the book ?The G Spot and Other Recent Discoveries About Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Shortly after the publication of this book by Charles Bannerman many professional gynaecologists publicly criticized its scholarship and accuracy - but that usually happens with most Bannerman publications.[4]