Don Cowie Offski

Guest CALEY108

Before Mr Cowie jumps at the chance to join Rangers he should settle down and think awhile whether it would be too soon for him. Rangers have a habit (or Celtic perhaps) of grabbing a good player just on the chance he may somehow fit into the team but have the money to pay him great wages for sitting on the sidelines if Sneckessary.

Meanwhile, as we know, it also has the knock-on effect of taking that player out of the  fray as a player for the competition, e.g. Kazhanvili I think his name was. He went nowhere after the big Boy came calling and eventually left to go South as I recall.

I did see that he was in his home country's team sheet for the recent round of Interplanetary bouts but whether he is doing great for his  home team maybe anotheb punter can enlighten us ?

AYE. :console:

• 2 months later...
Guest I-Hate-County

Put it this way! Hibs sell players for millions who arent much better than the players we have here. If Barry Robson is worth roughly 1M. Then So is Cowie, Black, Nicuale and even Rankin or somewere along those lines. Il be very surprised if any off the 4 i jst mentioned stay with us for much longer :019: :019:

Lets face it - Don Cowie is now in the "shop window" every time he plays - and bigger clubs will offer low transfer fees (100-200K max incrementally) becos they know that we will bite their hands off as the player will put in a transfer request etc., etc. Don Cowie has surprisingly been an instant hit in the SPL. Bigger clubs will probably stave off any offers till the end of the season to see if he can maintain his level of perfromance. I suspect that he will and we should hope fer a "bidding war" at the end of the season. And as ever I will get a lot of stick fer this but a lot of our players - and perhaps McGuire - are looking fer wage structures similiar to what we are paying Marius (not including the Orion 50%) as they feel they deserve equality NOT that they are bitter towards Marius.

GET REAL PEEPLE - WE ARE A PRODUCTION LINE / A FEEDER CLUB TO THE HIGHER ECHELONS - AND ALWAYS WILL BE UNLESS A BILLIONAIRE TAKES US ON.

Put it this way! Hibs sell players for millions who arent much better than the players we have here. If Barry Robson is worth roughly 1M. Then So is Cowie, Black, Nicuale and even Rankin or somewere along those lines.

Are you drunk?

Gretna are a pub team and anyway ICT don't do mergers anymore. Sooner or later Bob Dylan will want a stake in the club because it's blowing in the wind:

'Well my heart's in the Highlands gentle and fair

Honeysuckle blooming in the wildwood air

Bluebelles blazing, where the Aberdeen waters flow

Well my heart's in the Highland,

I'm gonna go there when I feel good enough to go

Windows were shakin' all night in my dreams

Everything was exactly the way that it seems

Woke up this morning and I looked at the same old page

Same ol' rat race

Life in the same ol' cage.

I don't want nothing from anyone, ain't that much to take

Wouldn't know the difference between a real blonde and a fake

Feel like a prisoner in a world of mystery

I wish someone would come

And push back the clock for me     (Refers to Brewster's thoughts at Dundee United last year)

Well my heart's in the Highlands wherever I roam

That's where I'll be when I get called home.'

The lyrics tell it all regarding Cowie

'Clouds so swift

Rain won't lift

Gate won't close

Railings froze

Get your mind off wintertime

You ain't goin' nowhere'

He predict's the scorer of our 1,000 th goal

'Dennis, Dennis,

Boy, what's on your mind?

Dennis, Dennis,

Boy, what's on your mind?'

He's been reading the negativity about Rosscoe at the Aberdeen game too:

'The neighborhood bully just lives to survive,

He's criticized and condemned for being alive.

He's not supposed to fight back, he's supposed to have thick skin'

He also confirmed Brewsters statement to Rankin about St Mirren's transfer bid

'Nothing was delivered

And I tell this truth to you,

Not out of spite or anger

But simply because it's true.'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with the shout of the old firm just snatching the best players from the clubs from the lower teams... However, I disagree that 'Cowie isn't good enough'! He has been the most consistent player of Caley, pulling in some amazing performances and adding his fair share of goals and assists for his first season in the league...... Rightly so there should be bigger clubs attracted to him as he has adapted to the league superbly well as he is a great talent and signing by CC...... !