FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Proctor for Cowie

Caley Stan

I imagine Brewster's going to take a bit of a slagging for this one.

I couldn't believe it when i heard the team news but the as the game wore on it started to make more sense.

Tokely's Cafu-esque surges forward (wonderful though the are) have left our fragile defence exposed repeatedly this season. Today, Proctor dropped back to cover the right-back position every time Tokely went forward and the defence were on the whole more solid as a result.

Having said that, it must be very difficult for Cowie to take after the start he's made to his Caley career.

It's one thing to make a tactical switch for a trip to Ibrox, but surely Brewster will bring Don back for the home games coming up. 

Guest TinCanFan

I rate Proctor after seeing him come on against Aberdeen but maybe it would be better if he played at right back and Tokley at right midfield.  Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong who knows.

Or what about playing Cowie on the right wing and Proctor as a right central midfielder?  Or even playing Cowie down the centre in the place of Russel Duncan.

I think this is a smart move actually, it was a game where we were unlikely to get a result and so a little tinkering was ok.  If it worked but great, but I don't think Cowie should be dropped permanently even though Proctor seems to be Brewsters golden boy.