FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Souness for Scotland job..?

Johnboy

McAllister !!! not sure about that but can maybe see why he is on the list .... so long as we are talking of Gary here and not Rory  :015:

The Telegraph lists the candidates as McAllister, Souness, Aitken, McGhee, Calderwood, Levein and Billy Davies (touted by Craigie Broon) ... The Scotsman has a scattergun approach and is showing odds for everyone except IHE .... http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=1860992007

Of the Telegraph list I would give credence to McAllister, Aitken, McGhee and Levein but cant see the last two leaving club posts for it at a stage of their managerial careers where it might be too early. That would leave Aitken and McAllister and I would be happy with either as both were good leaders at club and country level ..... Aitken is my first choice though.

most fans want levein  and i'd be happy with that. could also live with mcallister although that would be a bit risky given his lack of experience.

also would be really funny to see eddie thomson lose his manager when he finally gets it right after years of robbing other clubs bosses

The major problem is how the SFA put an attractive enough financial package in place for what is essentially a part time job...

I too, would be delighted if Levein could be prised away from Scumdee Utd...  but I can't think of many successful club managers in Scotland (or anywhere else) in recent years, who have been persuaded to take the job on...

Walter was unemployed when he was appointed, as was Bertie Vogts, and Craig Brown - not sure about Roxburgh, but he wasn't a manager of any club.

The last time I can recall a club manager prised away from a club position, was Jock Stein , when he was manager at Leeds Utd...  At the time he admitted he was taking a big salary drop, but the Scotland job, meant much more to him than just money.

Sadly that kind of attitude seemed to die with him....