Michael Frasers save

tm4tj

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's there in glorious technicolour on the back page of the P&J too

getEdFrontImage.aspx?ImageID=413133

Never mind Ike's mantlepiece, it's one for blowing up big style for the TCS foyer, look at the perfect line up of the players all facing the camera, and what looks like a wee touch of the highland sun setting away over the Firth.

This one and the one of Blackie turning the two tims outside in are sublime.

I was trying to think where I have seen this type of Ariel display before,

It was in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Further recognition  for Mikey but I hope he now builds on this. It would be nice to go back to Aberdeen, which was the scene of a funny but big blunder, and discover he had truly learned from the experience and coped with his 5 minutes of fame. Craig will have slowly brought the players back to earth and got them knuckling down to an incredibly difficult match this Saturday. It could be our first double so has greater significance for Mikey's performance. That aside, his save was breathtaking.

http://www.setantasports.com/en/TV-and-Ent...of-the-Week-17/

If anybody comes across a larger version of the save online then let me know so I can make it my desktop background  :022:

Of course with permission from the photographer.

I believe the picture was shown as copyrighted to SNS which suggests to me that it may have been taken by Ken McPherson. I do have an email address for him somewhere but not sure if he still uses that one as the last message I sent wasnt responded to. I am sure the club could put you in touch if that doesnt work.

Bizarre team of the week that :017:

Ian Black, MOTM in most peoples eyes, isn't included, yet Hartley, who I only noticed was playing when he took the corners, is. Very odd.

Quite. Little worried about the comment of Rankin wanting away. I had hoped we put that one to bed with his recent reselection. Also this Jambo, Andy Driver, sounds a bit of a handfull, though I am sure that Mr Brewster has alreday noted that and put plans in place.

12th man that was a very amusing remark...."Ariel" display supported by "Crouching Dragon". That was quite a film wasn't it with people running up walls as if they were flat roadways. :021:

Very apt comment 12th man. The only eyebrow raiser was why you did not type it all in Ariel format instead of Hard Times New Roman. :023: