Ross Tokely

FortressICT

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have we been watching a different Ross Tokely? As far as I could see (and the general mood of folk around me too was that), Ross was appaling. I can't believe people on here saying apart from the miss he had a good game. Every time he touched it, he conceded possession or blasted it out of play.

That's just not true....

Not for the first time I get the feeling that you and I must have been watching different games....  :024:

Rosscoe had Burke in his pocket the entire first half.

Yup, I thought he had a good game and Burke had to resort to blatant cheating to get anything out of Tokely. His miss at the end was shocking and because of that it will be the big black mark against his performance.

Yup, I thought he had a good game and Burke had to resort to blatant cheating to get anything out of Tokely. His miss at the end was shocking and because of that it will be the big black mark against his performance.

They should have gone to Specsavers.

I am going out on a limb here, and say that, going forward at least Tokers was good, he got some spot on crosses in and took and beat defenders on his side. His shots, one or two, were well skied as were everyone else's just about. The Miss, was by no means clear cut, he did have time and space, but the defenders were bearing down on him, and McGregor was well positioned. Even if on target, there was no guarantee of success. Having said that, Proctor still has some way to go but will take over from Rosco very soon. Over the bridge, my son, they will love you there.

Seriously though...swap Proctor and Tokely's positions.  Ross is so much a centre-back (where he began), it seems too obvious to miss.

I'm just so sorry that the succession of managers who have taken Caley Thistle into the SPL and established the team mid table have not had the blessing of the insight into football which you clearly have.

he did have time and space, but the defenders were bearing down on him

I'd need to see it again but I don't think there was any real pressure on him when he fired off the shot. If anything I think he was surprised to find himself in as much space as he did!

I'm just so sorry that the succession of managers who have taken Caley Thistle into the SPL and established the team mid table have not had the blessing of the insight into football which you clearly have.

It's a fair shout for yesterday. Tokely would have seriously outmuscled Les Onions and Proctor would have shackled Burke just as well as Tokely had done if not better.

It's all done now but like I say, on the whole, I thought Tokely was fine yesterday. Burke had to resort to blatant cheating to get anything out of him. It was a pretty pathetic sight to see.

Agree with gordy, I thought he looked up and tried to measure his effort but badly skied it, there were three defenders converging on him too much time maybe.  Better option would have been thrashing it at the goals, and an even better option would have been squaring the ball to an unmarked Marius for a simple tap in.  Ross new he had blown it.

Unfortunately he simply selected the wrong club for his shot in stoppage time...

This maybe wasn't his best ever day at the office, but along with Blackie, Proctor, Munro & Hastings, he could not be faulted for effort. They all gave it everything they had.

How is it though, after every single defeat we suffer, Rosscoe is always the main topic for debate in the ensuing post mortems.... :symbol_question:

Guest Spectre

Rossco was pretty good and certainly I wasn't surprised when he got MoM.  He wasted less possession than most, covered back quicker than he has been recently, was invovled in many of our attacks.  He wasn't the only one to mess up a good chance e.g. Cowie through on goal crosses to Duncan who blasts miles over.

Ross is so much a centre-back (where he began), it seems too obvious to miss.

:024: mmmm, didnt he sign for us from Huntly as a striker or midfielder back in the depths of time and only became a defender at the moulding hands of Pele ?

They should have gone to Specsavers.

Absoutely IHE (if I'm interpreting your post correctly), I thought Burke ran him ragged, and I counted at least 3 times when Rossco (or should that be RossGO?) seemed unable to play to the whistle, he just stood there with his arm in the air appealing for offside, luckily it was given each time, but if it hadn't it could have been at least 2 or 3 nil yesterday.

But if he appealed for offside and it was given what is the problem.  Why was it luck it was given, how about good teamwork.  What is it with you guys and Rossco, you are creating a problem that is not there, it's like the constant sniping at Marius, all very boring now.

Unbelievable, and you have come back on to add more insults to him.

The problem is what if the assistant makes a mistake? Ross might be 100% spot on, but if he just stands around with his arm in the air, and the ref says onside, the opposition could run through and score, where as if Ross had played to the whistle he could have prevented the goal.

And I wasn't insulting Ross. Give credit where credits due, and criticism where criticisms due. Isn't that the point of forums like this? For fans to come on and discuss whats going on at the club, and give their opinions? And in my opinion, Ross was very poor yesterday, but your entitled to your own.

I hope the comment about Marius wasn't aimed at me? I've been criticised on here before for being too generous to Marius, as even when he wasn't scoring I was praising him on here, as I always thought the effort was always there with Marius, and he contributed much to the team.