FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross Tokely

FortressICT

Unfortunately for Rosscoe the whole team was very poor today.... Had Rankin or Niculae accepted a couple of the chances that came their way.... We wouldn't be having this debate right now....  :018:

1) The whole team was not very poor today.

2) What chance was this for Rankin?

Ok... I own up... I wasn't there today.... the radio commentators did repeatedly criticise the overall perfomance, and did describe a couple of efforts from both Rankin and Niculae that they might have done better with...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest sophia

I don?t think the Waldorf and Statler of radio should influence any.

One couldn?t get the gig at Ross County and crashed and burned at Elgin.

AT ELGIN!

The other just gives it ?Aberdeen defending / Aberdeen attacking?.

Mr 23, for goodness sake!

I know that you are passionate but your post just reads like a stream of consciousness rather than a coherent case.

Ross is perhaps a little below par but he should not be the sacrificial lamb in our continued failure to better our local rivals.

Local rivals ? 100 miles away! It should be Ross County or Elgin but they are languishing in the lower leagues.

We are in the Premier League.

Ross is playing in the Premier League ? give the man some respect.

I think things have come to a head today because of Rossco's error, but for me this is just the latest of many mistakes/poor performances that he's racked up in the last season and a bit.  Apart from today, I made it to Tannadice and our home win over Hibs, and I thought that in both games Proctor got forward as often has Rossco does, passed as well as Rossco does, but noticeably Proc gets back a gazillion times quicker than Tokes does when attacks break down.  

I'm not convinced that Proc is more naturally talented, but I think all Tokely's problems are based on the fact that after about 20 minutes he's knackered...

As an aside, while Sophia makes very good points in her post, does anyone else picture her as a prim 19th century schoolmistress with spectacles on the end of her nose and her hair tied back in a bun?  Or is it just me?

Ok... I own up... I wasn't there today.... the radio commentators did repeatedly criticise the overall perfomance, and did describe a couple of efforts from both Rankin and Niculae that they might have done better with...

Who were the commentators?

I can't think of this Rankin chance of the top of my head. Black and Bayne had good chances along with Niculae as mentioned. Just wish we could have taken one of them. A lesson in being clinical I guess.

As an aside, while Sophia makes very good points in her post, does anyone else picture her as a prim 19th century schoolmistress with spectacles on the end of her nose and her hair tied back in a bun?  Or is it just me?

Maybe it's just you. Why not post a photo of yourself and let us all decide  :023:

Who were the commentators?

I can't think of this Rankin chance of the top of my head. Black and Bayne had good chances along with Niculae as mentioned. Just wish we could have taken one of them. A lesson in being clinical I guess.

The usual suspects.... Scott Davie and Brian Irvine.... I must admit I always take my MP3 to the games just to hear how the commentators see it....

I don't think they do such a bad job....

Guest sophia

Boys, boys settle down and show some discipline.

Perhaps it?s a different website you are hankering after.

Good try RiG. Sorry, pretty rubbish really.

Back on topic again.

I thought Tokely was one of our better players today up untill the challenge,which was a daft and un nessacery one. However to call for him to be sold on is simply ridiculous.

Tokely has made a couple of high profile errors this season, as have all our defenders. No one is calling for others to leave the club.

No one will be more disppointed than tokely himself. I dont think it was a penalty but it was a daft position to put himself in. As for drpping him - Have munro, MacGuire or hastings been dropped for conceding any of our other 9 (i think ) penalties that we've conceded in the league?

The whole team was poor today, i think brewster got things wrong today, he should have returned to the 4 -5-1 formation. And why not bring on wyness or wilson, esp when hart hasn't featued for long enough.

Guest sophia

Because he is trying to offload Hart.

Its also why Balde and Burke (probably) are getting games.

Agreed on the penalties ? some of the free gifts this season have been ridiculous.

If the award versus Kilmarnock had meant anything it would have prompted a lot of traffic here.

Perhaps we should look further up the park and ask why we did not score a goal against a depleted Aberdeen side.

Get back on topic at the back- JB - this means you!

Sorry, some of this thread is illegible.  Rossco was having a decent game until the rash needless challenge from behind when bundling over Miller sealed our fate.  Rosscoe23 if you have really joined the polis, god help us.  Rossco does not look overweight to me, mind you most people look thin to me and he has displayed some good qualities already this season.  His last decent game that I saw was against Hearts.  You were not at the game, therefore commenting like this is absolute bolloxx.  We missed a couple of headed opportunities with Rossco firing one header just over.  He also popped up on the left wing at one point.  Rash challenge undid all the hard work though.  No need to call for his head because of this.

As far as Tokers goes, my tuppence worth is...........he has never been a full back. He hasnt got the speed to recover from his mistakes. Also, he has always had this liability part to is game, for making rash decisions, which i would have hoped he would have grown out of....but he hasnt.

Having heard the pundits for all the games yesterday, who reckon every game was pretty flat, I feel that one thing is being missed and that is that no player in Scotland wanted to be playing and so probably didn't give their all. Everyone is affected by the death of Phil O'Donnell. The experts tell us all to keep fit, eat healthy etc. and we'll live a long time then someone who does just that drops down at a young age doing what he loves and we all stop and wonder why.

Dont take yesterdays performance as a true reflection of things to come.

Proctor should have been back in the team after his one match suspension. The difference in his performance against the tims and Tokley's when he came on was obvious. Proctor was outstanding, Rosscoe, I'm afraid fell short of the mark.

I cannot understand why Brew is playing Rosscoe before Proctor, surely things have to change on Saturday

Guest neksor

He needs to shape up or ship out!

No form at all this season. His blundering about at the back has cost us dearly this season.

He may have been a good servant to the club but until he shows more skill and ability he should not be in the first team.

neksor

:lurk:

Hear all, see all, say nowt that is the policy of the Scarlet pimple.

But to be fair to Sophia I really don't think that she is a throwback to the 18th century and if she is a school marm with spectacles so much the better. A pair of 1940 stockings and garters thrown in for good measure though just to freshen up the historical image would complete the package which personally speaking I have always found,....well... ...fetching. :004:

In any event all you plebs will probably not have to wait much longer since the scuttlebutt  is  that her photographic image in vintage sepia tones is about to grace the august pages of the Rogues Gallery. For an exact date  consult IHE and his pally oracle friends though- if they give the thumbs down on this, Himself will be crushed  :002:

Roderick..............leave the sherry alone.

And the rest of you get off Tokely's back.  How quick we are to turn on our own players.  We are now in the initial stages of weegieism, seek help for goodness sake.

Good morning all and a very good New Year to you.

I was slighlty concerned reading this post until Harry's remarks.

Rossco is not a player who concerns me, I think his performances have been just fine. The old problem being when defender makes mistakes.........       

Guest TinCanFan

Maybe if Tokely was played further forward he could just clip it onto the striker who could go onto score and there would be cover when he went forward.  It would also mean that Proctor would get a regular game.

Would that not mean dropping Don Cowie?

Not necesserally.  You could just play 3 in midfield and stick Tokely in between the midfield and striker so he could set up whoever the striker is.

I agree with harry chibber, the challange tokely made was clumbsy and not required but some of the posts are over the top. I believe tokely's weakness is that he reacts to situations rather than anticipates them which means he is always on the back foot.

The aberdeen game was a disaster waiting to happen, some of the players gave the impression that they only had to turn up to win. there were one or two great bits of football, but mostly a team (thats maybe not the word to use) played like a bunch of strangers without being to critical I didn't see a potential international player on our side I think one or two players are stating to believe thier own hype.

I also feel that Cowie and the [player I have just refered to don't get on It could be a knock on fron the Killy game.