FortressICT

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Answer to Johnboy,

Cowie was about to shoot when nic took the ball off his foot turned and scored just Cowie was the only Caley player who didn't celebrate I didn't notice at the time but when you see it on TV he looked really p---- off

We are having one **** of a season for writing off our players.  :024: I just cant help but feel that the expectation levels have soared but I would again state that there have definitely been signs of unease and less of the team spirit. Rosscoe certainly comes into that category he has been more gungho than usual - but he always appears to make it back or recover albeit in a clumsy fashion. Most of our players have gone through bad patches this season.

Rosscoe certainly comes into that category he has been more gungho than usual - but he always appears to make it back or recover albeit in a clumsy fashion. 

Sorry IHE I have got to disagree there. Tokely's problem is exactly that he does not make it back and that his clumsiness does not help but drops us in it.

His foraging runs up the park used to be useful but now they rarely achieve anything. He is constantly out of position. Yesterday spending large parts of the first half in an 'inside left' (remember them) position. He is, as has been said, too slow to anticipate, too slow to get back, and makes up for this with his bulk and muscle (remember we have always said 'Rosscoe's gonna get ye') but is not clever enough to get away with it.

Sloppy headers back (Rangers) own goals, vicious childish sending offs and penalties and of course the amount of times being out of position has cost us mean that he personally has been responsible for too many dropped points this season. On his first game back he made a run up the park and got a rollicking from Brew he then sat back in position an played a good game so I feel we could possibly add lack of discipline (remember that sending off) or even arrogance to the list, if these two are wrong then it must be stupidity!

I don't think he should leave the club but he is definitely second choice in my book to Proc who, as has been said, did exactly what Tokely does (but better) and defends. Tokely should be given another chance to show that he can learn from his mistakes but it is starting to look like he cannot.

If the other players in ICT shirts, especially Niculae, had put as much into the game as Rossco I doubt if we would be lamenting the loss but crowing over our first win over the Dons!!

Football is about so much more than merely effort and if effort was all it was about would fitness not be important; not sure his fitness is all it was either.

I am not talking about other players; I am talking about the man who was out of position (again) couldn't get back in time (again) and gave away a clumsy penalty that cost us the points (again).

Tokely honestly used to be my favorite player and my son idolized him but this is not an isolated incident. too many points have been lost due to him.

According to Scott Davie & Brian Irvine commentating - Aberdeen must have had a clear instruction to play everything down (their) left side....

Tangoman obviously saw Rosscoe as the weakest link..... seems like his tactic paid off....

Tokely unjust criticism in my opinion.  He competed well against a tricky opponent and having just seen the goal on the news someone in defence missed the ball or misjudged it and Tokely was the one who reacted first and chased down fall over boy Miller.  No qualms about the penalty but he does not need much help to fall over.  Tokely caught up with him just inside the box and maybe Miller sensed that and went down.

Not sure who missed the keepers kick out initially, surely not golden boy McGuire?

Tokely unjust criticism in my opinion.  He competed well against a tricky opponent and having just seen the goal on the news someone in defence missed the ball or misjudged it and Tokely was the one who reacted first and chased down fall over boy Miller.  No qualms about the penalty but he does not need much help to fall over.  Tokely caught up with him just inside the box and maybe Miller sensed that and went down.

Not sure who missed the keepers kick out initially, surely not golden boy McGuire?

Follow this link. Yes McGuire missed it. But look how far ahead of the other defenders Tokely was. Pause and look at the Tokely's static body language as McGuire missed it. Not anticipating the mistake; realising too late that he had something to do. Miraculously he caught up well but was still a yard off the pace and so barged into Miller; watch the replay from the different angle. The referee was right behind him and in a good place to see it.

Yes Tokely is an experienced pro who can do some good stuff and came close to scoring yesterday but he does not seem to learn from his mistakes and - as Johnboy points out - perhaps others do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_AOdcsMN7s

What you'll also note from those highlights is that Tokely was involved in most of our attacks. A defender can't be in two places at once, and it's up to the manager to decide how he should play.

McGuire is responsible for more crucial mistakes per game played than Tokely, but gets off without criticism and everyone wants to sign him. Funny old game.

thanks for the link, looks like Granty and McGuire ran away from Miller and Tokely was left to pick up the chase. The same McGuire who got Proctor red carded, and the same Granty who has given away most penalties, but lets just blame Rossco cos he is easy game just now whilst most people are on his case.

Guest sophia

After much soul searching I now have to admit that I agree with Mr 23.

I say lets bin Big Ross and trump Spurs? ?8M bid for Alan Hutton.

Oh wait?

Hutton looks good going forward but is suspect in temperament and in defence.

Oh well, perhaps we should give thanks for Ross? indefatigability and accept that he is human and not Superman.

Fact is that all of our defenders and our goalkeeper have had decidedly dodgy spells this season.

As for the penalty - The referee could quite easily have not given the award.

It was soft!

Lets stop putting our players in the dooking stool on the strength of one incident.

one incident haha thats right.tokely is not up to SPL standards maybe i was harsh saying get rid of him now but i wouldn't renew his contract at the end of the season.

proctor is much better.

tokely is bad real bad

You are bad, real bad, but no one is asking for you to be kicked off the forum are they?  You weren't even at the game for crying out loud and I would be very suprised if you attend enough games to be able to form enough of an opinion.  I liken you to a tabloid newspaper, you sensationalise things and one minutes will be going;

BOOO!!!

Then the next;

YAY!!!!

I was quite happy with Rosscoes performance, he made some good blocks and he wasn't the only one who made mistakes.  Let us not forget McGuire allowing the ball to bounce over his head in the first half.  Tokely is by far SPL standards, better then some of the other right backs in the league for sure.

You need to learn about capital letters and sentence structure.  It's horrible to read.

i hardly get 2 games this season cause im working.but ive seen enough of tokely to know he aint up2 the standard of the SPL by a bit and of what caley thistle should expect.

+ im not like that.ive never liked tokely.

ive also never said that tokely is the 1 that makes all the mistakes.

i dont rate him and whenever he does make a mistake we seem to get punished.

capital letteres and sentence structure...its an internet site not a fecking exam!or are you to old to understand it?

Guest sophia

Ach, away and learn to construct a sentence.

We have 6 defenders.

One is as good as gone.

One may not arrive (permanently)

One has very little experience at the top level. A fact that was glaringly obvious in the 3rd quarter against Celtic recently.

Our success is founded on continuity.

You seriously want to ditch a stalwart player and leave us with two senior players?

I've just seen the penalty incident for the umpteenth time.

It was a scandalous decision.

get rid of him at the end of the season i said in my 2nd last post i think.

it was a clear pen, i've just watched the highlights on youtube.he's come frm behind him and knocked him over when he was about to shot.he could have easily been sent off (again).

i hardly get 2 games this season cause im working.but ive seen enough of tokely to know he aint up2 the standard of the SPL by a bit and of what caley thistle should expect.

+ im not like that.ive never liked tokely.

ive also never said that tokely is the 1 that makes all the mistakes.

i dont rate him and whenever he does make a mistake we seem to get punished.

capital letteres and sentence structure...its an internet site not a fecking exam!or are you to old to understand it?

What should ICT expect?  How about expecting a player who has played for the club at every level, and his game has risen at each level to cope with the extra demands.  How about an attacking defender who puts in a mean cross?  Let us not forget that Tokely was brought to the club as a midfielder rather then the fullback.

He hasn't made that many mistakes this season.  He gave away a penalty on Wednesday, thats one of how many this season?

You are right, it is an internet site, all the more for taking your time in posting and actually structering your reply so people don't think your an idiot, 14 years old, or both.

it was a clear pen, i've just watched the highlights on youtube.he's come frm behind him and knocked him over when he was about to shot.he could have easily been sent off (again).

Why isn't Proctor in the team at the moment eh?  Can you answer me that one?  Give you a hint, 'Red'.

Now how about telling me who we bring in to replace Tokely?

extra demands like fitness i take it you mean?you've proved me wrong.tokely is very fit and very fast.yes sorry.

mean cross?more like he cant play it along the ground and just hoffs it.

got sent off for the "moment of madness" which a player of his "expierence shouldnt be doing!!misplacing passes.missing balls.getting outpaced and hoffing balls into no mans land.

thats a good hint.thanks EWS....that would mean that if you were right that he wouldn't have been in the squad for the dons game and the killie game.but wait.HE WAS!!!no way!!!thanks for that hint!that really helped!!

proctor as num1 RB and Duff or another young player as num 2.

but that would never happen cause caley are to scared to change and give youth a chance!