FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross Tokely

FortressICT

extra demands like fitness i take it you mean?you've proved me wrong.tokely is very fit and very fast.yes sorry.

mean cross?more like he cant play it along the ground and just hoffs it.

got sent off for the "moment of madness" which a player of his "expierence shouldnt be doing!!misplacing passes.missing balls.getting outpaced and hoffing balls into no mans land.

thats a good hint.thanks EWS....that would mean that if you were right that he wouldn't have been in the squad for the dons game and the killie game.but wait.HE WAS!!!no way!!!thanks for that hint!that really helped!!

proctor as num1 RB and Duff or another young player as num 2.

but that would never happen cause caley are to scared to change and give youth a chance!

You need to stop putting words in my mouth.  At no point did I say Tokely was fit or fast.  No one at ICT is really fast, certainly not our strikers, and Tokely is every bit as fit as Bayne is, or Niculae (who was looking very slim on Wednesday might I add) or any of the other defenders we have.

Since you haven't been at the games for some time, you can't really pass comment on Tokely 'hoffing' the ball (what ever the **** that is).  On Wednesday the players hoofing (thats what I assume you meant) the ball were more McGuire, Fraser (who very rarely threw the ball out) and Munro, with Tokely attempting to get down the wing as often as possible.

His crossing was as good as anyone else, and he nearly scored with a great header.

As for Proctor.  Being in the squad and being in the team are two completly different situations.  The only reason Proctor got a chance was because Tokely got Red-carded.  Then Proctor gets red-carded as well, and Tokely comes back in.  That's why Proctor isn't in the team, Tokely took his place back and has been playing well.

So shut up, and learn to know what you are talking about.  Also, improve your spelling, it's awful.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Manny--are you still in bed?

I canna shake this chest thing--aching all over.

Shall I send some of that sherry over--it's no problem?-- I had a wee snifter last night- worked a charm - had a few dreams , one had a blackboard in it.....on a foreign beach would you have thunk it?

:015:

:003:

No I'm up and about and attended all the games except for the away one on boxing day when I had prior arrangements.  Keep taking the tablets though.

MODERATORS HAT ON NOW

EWS & Rosscoe23 please keep the discussion within the terms of the site users agreement, and refrain from personal insults.

Use the appropriate method to report abuse and it will be dealt with at moderator level then escalated if necessary.  Best policy is to police yourself, no pun intended.

Opinions are obviously split on this one, mine is that rossco is doing alright but nobody is perfect.  He has made errors as against Rangers but the game was lost by then, own goal against Aberdeen was unfortunate as he was nudged when jumping with the striker, rush of blood against Well, but showed tremendous pace and if you wanted him to thump someone then McGarry was a good choice.  They all have their failings but he surely deserves more backing than he is getting at the moment, he did evoke superman chants against the Dons as he marauded through a few tackles and emerged with the ball but all these moments are forgotten when his team mates let him down and make him the fall guy.  I must admit my initial thoughts were penalty........I am now not so sure, but from the refs angle and only one viewing of the incident then penalty it is.  Proctor found himself in the same position and became a hero.

mr amazing

Superman actually.

Rosscoe always looks up and trys to play the ball forward. He is strong and good in the air. He communicates very well with the rest of the team. He has experienced football at every level. He gives 110% every game.

People are very quick to forget these things when he makes a few bad tackles. Our own Ian Black and Graham Bayne can't tackle to save their mums life. Neither can Scholes. or Roberto Carlos. Or Daniel Alves. Or Matthew Taylor.

The only problem I have with Rosscoe is that he can't track back, leaving Phil and Grant exposed. However he is clearly trying to cut this from his game, and I thought he was excellent yesterday, I have seen Aluko tear players apart, I watched him destroy Hibs' full back Murphy the other week, a player currently being looked at by both sides of the old firm. Rosscoe had him in his pocket the whole game.

This is a chap when we were in the 3rd division people said there's no way he'll be any good in the 2nd. The same people, including me, said there's no way he'll ever be 1st div standard and then when we reached the premier league he....well the rest is history.

I rest my case 

[ I have seen Aluko tear players apart, I watched him destroy Hibs' full back Murphy the other week, a player currently being looked at by both sides of the old firm. Rosscoe had him in his pocket the whole game.

But he still cost us the points...again!

[ I have seen Aluko tear players apart, I watched him destroy Hibs' full back Murphy the other week, a player currently being looked at by both sides of the old firm. Rosscoe had him in his pocket the whole game.

But he still cost us the points...again!

No he was made the scapegoat by the other defenders errors

Rosscoe bombing down the wing in attack is part of what makes us Caley Thistle.

Proctor has had a few mares as well, some games he scares me with his uncertainty.

Both good players and up to CB who gets to start depending on form.

I think that about covers it.

If he reads this thread (and I personally hope he hasn't bothered with it)  perhaps it will inspire him to get fantastic posts as a certain Mr Fraser has done since his slagging off on the board.

No one is perfect, but so many people think that they are.  Perhaps a New Years Resolution could be lets all be nicer to the players and team that WE ARE SUPPOSED TO SUPPORT!!!!

mr amazing

The only problem I have with Rosscoe is that he can't track back, leaving Phil and Grant exposed.

What a feckin great idea - lets sign the Mitchell brothers fer central defence. Has anybody ever stopped to consider that our problem may be tactical in essence - especially in regard to the last 20-30 minutes. I am still amazed that we get so many substitutions wrong and we rarely change our formation to the good.

Agree with u2us2

I reckon both Proctor and Tokely have their points for and against them - most of which have been covered in this thread so far - but sorry, I can't quite believe all the negative stuff posted against Tokely.

Tokely's runs up the wing give us an extra attacking dimension.  Fair enough, he gets caught out going forward occasionally (ok - quite often then!) but i'm **** sure Roberto Carlos or Cafu didn't cover their own a$$es when they went walkies up the wing.  They usually had intelligent cover from midfield to help them out when they went forward.

Maybe we could improve awareness as a team to cover these runs.  I for one would miss the kind of reckless marauding that seems to wind up so many people.......

I felt he was pretending to be an attacking midfielder.  Tokely was ahead of Cowie more often than he was behind him.  Then of course it took him his statutory 5 minutes to jog back to where he should have been in the first place.  If it were me in charge, I'd drop him to the bench for a few games and use him as super sub for Cowie.

i was too harsh on tokely after the aberdeen.and i take it back after todays game.i thought he was really good.added an extra threat.some of his runs were excellent and to be honest gretna couldnt handle him.

i wouldnt get rid of him in jan and if he manages to play like that more consistantly and gets back faster then i would not be complaining if he was here next season.

sorry rosscoe. :022:

I felt he was pretending to be an attacking midfielder.  Tokely was ahead of Cowie more often than he was behind him.

Does the phrase 'wing back' mean anything to you?  :023:

I think his link-up with Cowie has been excellent recently, regardless of his form elsewhere on the park.

I felt he was pretending to be an attacking midfielder.  Tokely was ahead of Cowie more often than he was behind him.

Does the phrase 'wing back' mean anything to you?  :023:

I think his link-up with Cowie has been excellent recently, regardless of his form elsewhere on the park.

Generally wing backs are able to get back after they've made an attacking run.  Rosscoe is unfit, and deserves to be dropped until such a time that he can learn not to go forward unless he has the legs to get back in time to defend as well.

jay_7 i said that he was unfit and should be dropped etc.but i watched him a lot today.and ok he doesn't get back quick enough.but when he does and he makes the challenges he 95% of the time comes away with the ball or clears it and takes a bit of the player which you want.

he isn't the fittest.but to manage 90 mins and still be able to run up and down the line.he must be orite.although he has the ugliest run ever.

he would be an excellent player if he could get back faster.

So if he's fit enough to make runs for 90mins that makes it sheer lazyness that he doesn't get back in time - all the more reason to bench him for a few games IMO.  I agree though if he could get back in time to defend I'd have no complaints about him at all!