FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

GRANT MUNRO

givmeaccccc

Has Grant got what it takes to lead this disgruntled group of players through the tough times?

Duncan can go anytime he wishes as his passing and negativity is something we don't need. It'll be interesting to see which team(s) are unsettling him.

Wyness hasn't got it I'm afraid at Premier level.

Niculae whilst very talented needs better players around him and should be shipped out asap.

Black is in a comfort zone and has lost all his aggression and willingness to fight.

But what about Grant Munro himself? Wins a ball... LUMPS it up the park. Receives a ball.....LUMPS it up the park. Wins another ball .......LUMPS it up the park. Receives a pass......LUMPS it up the park. Does Brewster not point this out to him on a Monday morning and ask him what he was thinking about for each and every occasion that he does this?

Although not by any means the worst it's time to step up to the plate Grant and lead, and more importantly show the way forward by making passes instead of just a LUMP here and a LUMP there.

I think Munro deserves more credit than this post suggests.

The basic law of defending is to get it clear when all other options are not open to you. If no-one is there to support you, you clear it.

The back 4 has been hit and miss this season, especially with the injuries and suspentions we've had. Grant doubted himself in the first few games ofthe season and has now made the defence solid again. He made a few decent challenges in the first half to keep Falkirk out yesterday, and it's been the case against many teams this term.

Grant Munro's captaincy is not the issue. The issue is the starting lineup/formation.

Guest Spectre

Well both central defenders made a number of crucial interventions in the first half.

But I have to say Grant's first 3 passes (at least I stopped counting after that) went straight to a Falkirk player.  I guess after that he just tried to hoof it away.

i think grant is the best choice for captain, and i believe next season will be a better performance all round . Saying that though week in week out he has been making crucial blocks and frankly i don't think from my eyes that there is any other likely candidates in the bunch. I'm hoping now that the contract is sorted rosscoe will get back to his old self and this might lead to a more settled performance from the whole team. 

Fair responses to my initial post. I guess I'm questioning Grant's distribution which is LUMP, LUMP and LUMP again. Also would question Brewster, can he really not see this and others faults, for example most of the team's first touch and Duncan's passing. What do they do in training, do they watch back the videos?

At the Hearts game Brewster was shouting at the defence and Mike whenever they had it to "hit it up to Marius" so he's actually telling them to hoof it!

Munros never been good at passing though, so maybe it's better he just hoofs it or passes it to Tokely or Hastings who can pass. That's not a criticism though as I rate Munro and most central defenders at our level can't pass the ball (more a criticism of coaching in this country)

Munro is good at what he does which is to get in good tackles and clear the ball. One of the reasons he gelled so well with both Darren Dods and Bobby Mann is that they could actually play it out a bit better than the "hoof" (at times).

I like the idea of Granty as captain. it is fitting for him to have the armband as a stalwart of the side and a loyal senior ICT player but I also wonder if it is asking too much of him to do this task in the midst of all the turmoil in the background. Is he any good at office politics ?