FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT youngsters

CaleyP

I think there's a few youngsters at the club who will make the grade given the right coaching. The big problem with youngsters nowadays is getting them motivated. Be they footballers, brickies or whatever their heads are in an electronic world and its hard to break them out of it. Young guys come into my industry and they dont want to work. They arrive on the platform and the first thing they want to do is log into MSN, Bebo etc. Going home they're not of the plane and their phones are at their lugs. Work is a hinderance to their social networking.

The big problem with youngsters nowadays is getting them motivated. Be they footballers, brickies or whatever their heads are in an electronic world and its hard to break them out of it. Young guys come into my industry and they dont want to work. They arrive on the platform and the first thing they want to do is log into MSN, Bebo etc. Going home they're not of the plane and their phones are at their lugs. Work is a hinderance to their social networking.

lol, you gurny old get, this is who you remind me of...

:015:

I think Vigurs and Zander Sutherland could be great players for us in years to come maybe next year even but im still not too sure of Rory he still needs to play a few more full games before i can make a fair judgement of him maybe he can be loaned out for the first half of next season to a first division club like Zander was and see how he performs.

Only games will tell that, you just need to look over the years at the OF and the number of potential superstars they have had but when given the chance have fallen by the wayside. Having seen a few reserve and under19s games I am hopefully we have a few that will make the grade but until they are actually tested in games we will never know, I think it also important that when these young guys are given the chance the fans show patience and dont expect miracles overnight.

I've only seen Zander live once, at the beginning of last season when he came on against Dunfermline, at home.  I thought he looked great on that occasion, and was surprised he didn't get many other opportunities in the first team.  I still have high hopes for him.