FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stokes.....

Would be a good signing, but I can't see it happening.

This was almost a positive thread.  It's good to see that we are at least trying, surely they deserve some credit for that at least.

I give a little more credence to this rumour than some others recently .... it may or may not happen but I will say that if ICT are actually trying to get him then it is a positive move.

Cant help feeling that this move - if true - has something to do with Marius departing though.

Now, this would be quite a signing for ICT if it went through. Let's hope we've been first on the scene and no other (bigger) clubs step in and nick him from under our nose.

:024:

I am not convinced stokes would replace a departing Niculae. He didnt exactly up his value by his showings in Euro 2008. Think he will be here for the coming season. I could be worng tho

If we have Marius, Barrowman, Stokes, Wood, and McAllister then I will be reasonably happy.

We know Stokes can do it in the SPL and we know that Barrowman and Wood have done it in the lower leagues. The only weak link if you like is Rory and hopefully this may be the season where he comes good. If he does not, then he has to ship out at the end of it.

Smee - if you look on the Marius thread you will see that we have had 2 offers for Marius which we have rejected so far, so I suspect after a bit of negotiation we will let him go.   This is why I suggested that the timing of the Stokes rumour seemed more than coincidence.

Last thing i heard OFFICIALY from the club regarding Niculae was that NO OFFERS had been recieved L_G

Smee - cant say if LG is right or wrong but we all know that ICT usually keep their secrets in a container like this .....

[img width=500 height=500] 13730_large.jpg

This was almost a positive thread.  It's good to see that we are at least trying, surely they deserve some credit for that at least.

It's not a positive or a negative thread. It's a thread about hearsay. If someone from ICT has said that they had made an offer and a poster had ridiculed it then fair enough.

If we signed him I would be ecstatic. But I can't see it happening. I would guess other SPL teams would be after him, particularly after his time here previously.

Guest birdog

Would be delighted to see this rumour come to fruition. Am I wrong in thinking that Falkirk are after getting him back on loan? If Falkirk do want him back then do you guys think we have a chance of taking him to TCS? Like I say I'd love to see him here but in truth I think that Marius signing an extension would be better news.

EDIT:- Had a look at the Black Cats Message Board to see if there is any inkling this rumour might be in the slightest bit true.

Anthoney stokes - dead wood, shocking attitude get rid

Why are people so up in the clouds over Stokes. He done brilliant at Falkirk, with Latapy, Gow, Muttinho etc around him but hasn't really shone since then. 3 goals in 34 games at Sunderland. Stokes was spurred on more at Falkirk because he was hoping to win a first team place at Arsenal but that didn't happen and it would appear that Sunderland are now edging him out. Could Brew get out of him what Yogi did? I dont know but I do know that I wouldn't base too much judgement on his few months at falkirk.

Guest birdog

Why are people so up in the clouds over Stokes. He done brilliant at Falkirk, with Latapy, Gow, Muttinho etc around him but hasn't really shone since then. 3 goals in 34 games at Sunderland. Stokes was spurred on more at Falkirk because he was hoping to win a first team place at Arsenal but that didn't happen and it would appear that Sunderland are now edging him out. Could Brew get out of him what Yogi did? I dont know but I do know that I wouldn't base too much judgement on his few months at falkirk.

The bold bit reminds me so much of all the players who have come here looking to kick start their careers again and succeeded, it could fail but like you say Stokes seems to prosper in the Scottish game. The reason I think that folks are "up in the clouds" is because this is by far the most positive transfer rumour/news to reach us this close season.

Thats twice in a couple of days I have agreed with Birdog  :017:

reminds me so much of all the players who have come here looking to kick start their careers again and succeeded

Stokes is a player who we know can bang goals in in the SPL. He might come here, he might not but if he does then I think he will have a point to prove, will know he was able to show people what he could do last time he was here (ie. SPL), and may very well form a good partnership with Niculae or Barrowman. Whatever happens, I doubt he would be with us all that long as he would be looking to get back to the "big time" but so long as we know where we stand from the start, that is ok.

Guest birdog

Thats twice in a couple of days I have agreed with Birdog  :017:

Don't worry Scotty, I am in a normal type of mood atm, it will pass. :004:

To be honest I'd much rather see us concentrate on giving our own Woods a crack at the whip. He done excellent at Montrose and has an eye for goal, is keen to make an impression and could easily turn out to be a star in an ICT shirt.

Not to say I dont rate Stokes. Just that I dont think its good to become blinkered by the performance of a couple of months.