Signings for ICT

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I thought i would put up this topic to show that there is not a shortage of players that are worth signing.

For centre back we could of had Kalvenes who left for Norway (not sure though) and i believe Lee Bullen could do a job for us, possibly one of old firm youngsters, and i would try for Steve Caldwell of Sunderland and also if we could get Russell Anderson up  i would be happy with that as he doesn't get any games for Sunderland.

Striker wise we could get Chris Killen, Clayton Donalson (if he hasn't gone to England), Stephen Dobbie, Andy Jackson, Anthony Stokes and Liam Buchanan.

Kalvenas has signed for Burnley

We couldn't afford Killen

Donalson is gash

Dobbie isn't SPL quality

Jackson is also gash

Stokes...i wish  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Buchanen i think would be a decent signing but he is injured at the moment.

as for the guys from Sunderland, we don't have a chance in **** of getting any of them.

kalvenes has signed for a club down in englandshire IIRC

Lee bullen signed for falkirk a few weeks ago

steve caldwell would be outwith our wage budget as would russell anderson and chris killen.

stokes would only be a viable option on loan as he will be on decent money and after playing in a couple of pre-season games at sunderland it looks like he may be considered first team material.

clayton donaldson was linked a while back but looks like moving down to england IIRC.

stephen dobbie is tied to a long contract and would command a fee of over ?100k which i doubt we would want to pay

liam buchannon rejected us in favour of hamilton accies last season as we wanted to offer him a trial but he wanted a firm offer, cant see him being too keen on joining us now that hamilton are in the SPL

andy jackson, recognise the name cant think who he is though.  :024:

any others?

Guest Mahonio

I forgot that Bullen signed for Falkirk but i am sure ther is centre backs which Caley could go for.

And no Libero i can't think of anyone else but i am sure you lot can help me out here?

Also, Ross P i don't play Football manager 08, i play PDC darts on PS2 and Topspin on Wii ok!!

None of these players are currently with ICT.

Some of them have been linked to ICT in the past i.e. Donaldson, Bullen. To which they have already had threads about them in the Rumour Mill

The rest have been plucked from the imagination of a fan, to suggest that if location/wages/career desires etc etc were no object, then we could sign them.

So NON-ICT seems to make sense to me.

I forgot that Bullen signed for Falkirk but i am sure ther is centre backs which Caley could go for.

And no Libero i can't think of anyone else but i am sure you lot can help me out here?

Also, Ross P i don't play Football manager 08, i play PDC darts on PS2 and Topspin on Wii ok!!

theres certainly no shortage of players available and brewster along with most other SPL managers will have agents contacting them all the time sending them DVD's of players and CV's etc however lots of players will be asking for too much money or not what we are looking for so hopefully Brewster can sift through them and pick out gems to invite on trial or offer deals, the way finances are going at the moment that looks like the way things are going with most clubs without mega-rich backers.

None of these players are currently with ICT.

Some of them have been linked to ICT in the past i.e. Donaldson, Bullen. To which they have already had threads about them in the Rumour Mill

The rest have been plucked from the imagination of a fan, to suggest that if location/wages/career desires etc etc were no object, then we could sign them.

So NON-ICT seems to make sense to me.

that's the problem.

Who can we get players to come to Inverness?

there's nothing attracting them.

Stephen Caldwell, who incidently is Gary's brother, left Sunderland at the start of last season and is now club captain at Burnley. And on considerably more than ICT could pay him.

As for most of the rest, put another 4000 bums on seats every week and we could just about afford them.

Liam Buchannan joined Partick and Andy Jackson plays for Saint Johnstone. He was their Player of the Season last year and the clubs top goalscorer. He is on a 2 - 3 year deal and unless we are prepared to bid well over ?150k for the lad Saint Johnstone won't even listen to offers.