FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team For Hibs

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I know it is the beggining of the week but i was wondering what team fans think Brew will play on Sat and what formation.

This would be my team: (4-4-2), Fraser, Tokely, Proctor, Duff, Hastings, Wilson, Black, Cowie, Imrie, Barrowman and Rooney with Munro and Duncan replacing Duff and Cowie respectively if fit.

I would be disappointed with anything other than a in against a team struggling defensively and we think we are bad at the back!! :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;)

Guest Mahonio

Just noticed a mistake- that sentance should say that i would be disappointed with anything other than a win (not in) against a team struggling defensively.

Sorry for error!!

If Munro is unavailable, Duff must play, aside from the fact that his confidence will be ruined if someone else gets a game (basically telling him that he's been dropped), that was as good as we've been defensively recently, Hamilton (a team that put three past one of the leagues best defences last year) found us as hard to break down as we did them. He would however, have the unenviable task of containing Shiels and Fletcher, but I think he's up to it.

Black must stop passing backwards and sideways, he is really the only player in our team capable of splitting a defence, but he usually prefers cuting back and passing sideways looking very pretty.

Would like to see Proctor back, he's come along way since his last spell with us and IMO with Munro injured he is our best defender.

Not that Frasers been doing anything wrong,much the contrary (spelling?) but I'd like to see Esson given a shot, just to keep Ike on his toes.

Rooney must start, and Barrowman will start.

Edited by chris123

Fraser

Tokely Duff McGuire Hastings

Cowie Black Duncan Imrie

Rooney Barrowman

Barry Wilson to come on for last 20 minutes or so, others would depend on how game was going, but if we are doing ok then perhaps Proctor, and maybe Vigurs.

Guest WynessLegend

Esson

Proctor Duff Mcguire/Munro Hastings

Cowie Black Duncan Imrie

Rooney Barrowman

Pretty close to Scotty's starting eleven - but with Tokely and Fraser dropped.

Edited by WynessLegend

I was at the Hibs Falkirk game on saturday, and Hibs looked surprisingly impressive on the attack and were tearing apart Falkirk's defence. That said, they were pretty pish defensively and did't really deal with the 2 goals by Falkirk. McNeil wasn't convincing in nets for hibs, so a decent shot at the Hibs goals could be enough to ripple the back of the net. Hibs were good on the attack, and with Munro out, i'm not convinced about whether ICT's defence will cope..

Very close to agreeing with the super steel girded hammock swinging Mountie - but I reckon Brew will bring back Proctor and play him in central defence, dropping Duff to the bench. I reckon if Munro is fit he will stick with Maguire and both Proctor and Duff will warm the bench. It wouldnt totally surprise me if he played McBain in left midfield and pair Imrie up front with Barrowman - if I am rite Brew needs booting out pronto.

Personally I would go:

Fraser

Proctor (Tokely) Munro (Duff) Duff (Proctor) McBain

Cowie Black Duncan Imrie

Barrowman Rooney

Lets look to the feckin future.

On tonight's showing, I'd have Djebi-Zadi in at left back ahead of Hastings. Guy barely put a foot wrong the entire game and by feck can he shift at a fair pace for a big fella. He ran up and down that left wing tirelessly the whole game.

On tonight's showing, I'd have Djebi-Zadi in at left back ahead of Hastings. Guy barely put a foot wrong the entire game and by **** can he shift at a fair pace for a big fella. He ran up and down that left wing tirelessly the whole game.
just a shame he cant tackle :rotflmao: and plays to far of the winger,he sholud be closing him down not staying in the box Edited by blackieforce

Fraser

Proctor Tokely Munro(Duff) Hastings(Jibby Jabby)

Duncan

Cowie Black McBain

Imrie

Rooney

Esson

Vigurs

Duff(Maguire)

Gillespie

Wilson

Z Sutherland

Barrowman

MacAllister

I'd like to try Tokely alongside Duff in the centre, basically as he is the only one in the team with the height and presence to combat Nish and he's not especially slow either, especially for what a centre back would be. And i dont trust Maguire despite his nice words of encouragement in the SUN about Duff and that Offiong should NOT have been allowed to run 40 yards and score after his error. Maguire was incidentally our best player on Saturday according to the SUN with a 7 rating.

With my formation Imrie can run all over and get to wings or support striker. When attacking Cowie can push out wide and tuck in or cover full back when defending as can McBain. Duncan covers the defence and Black marshalls the middle. Rooney is a big strong forward who can bring others into play as a lone centre forward and combat centre halves. Proctor will be back and is a good full back and gets forward well and when appropriate.

Give me Brewsters job, I AM the master!

Guest edinburgh1978

I was at the Hibs Falkirk game on saturday, and Hibs looked surprisingly impressive on the attack and were tearing apart Falkirk's defence. That said, they were pretty pish defensively and did't really deal with the 2 goals by Falkirk. McNeil wasn't convincing in nets for hibs, so a decent shot at the Hibs goals could be enough to ripple the back of the net. Hibs were good on the attack, and with Munro out, i'm not convinced about whether ICT's defence will cope..

As a visiting hibs fan it would be fair to say I am not confident of a result against caley. We played a very attacking team against falkirk I think in attempt to outscore them. This worked but only just in the end(we did miss around 5 very good chances). I would hope we go for the same plan against Caley. The main thing that did Falkirk was the pace and movement of Fletcher and O'brien as well as most of our midfield getting forward. Both teams were extremly open and could have been 8-4 to hibs or something crazy like that. Doubt we will see the same type of game but you never know !!

As a prediction I would go for a 2-2.

Fraser

Proctor Duff Munro Lionel

Cowie Vigurs Black Imrie

Zander(AM)

Rooney.

Subs:

Esson

Tokely

McGuire

Duncan

McBain

Wood

Barrowman

I think Zander is worth a punt in AM playing off Rooney, if it doesn't work, then take him off at HT and stick Wood or Barrowman on for 2 upfront.

I also think that Tokely should be dropped, I don't feel that he is at SPL standard or fitness. But Proctor is a very consistant and much fitter RB.

Also Lionel at LB, if Hastings is playing for Canada.

Both our regular full backs need to know and feel Proc and Lionel breathing down their necks! If Brewster did start with that line-up, that would create a lot more competition in the squad and that would mean higher standard of performances. Including McGuire getting a kick up the arse! Also Barrowman being on the bench and being fired up to come at HT or with 35mins to go, fired up to go and get a result for the club would be nice!

I don't why some people are saying that Esson should be starting. He has been brought in as a 2nd choice keeper(a very good one at that), but Fraser hasn't done anything worthy of being dropped. He is one of our best and most consistant performers.

Esson

Tokely, McGuire, Hastings, Djebi-Zadi

Sutherland, Black, Cowie, Imrie

Barrowman, Rooney

subs.

Fraser,

Duff, Proctor

McBain, Vigurs

McAllister, Wilson

Esson

Tokely Proctor Duff Djebi-Zadi

Cowie Black McBain Imrie

Barrowman Rooney

The players I was waivering over, but eventually chose...

Esson in as he had a great second half on Monday and he distributes the ball quickly.

Djebi-Zadi, although he may not be as good a tackler as Hastings, he passes the ball well and is quick.

Duff, barring the c0ck up he made on of Saturday for the goal, has looked pretty good.

Players pushing to get on if any of the starting 11 are not performing: Fraser, Hastings, McGuire, Vigurs, Sutherland & McAllister.

Guest Bollinger

The problem is getting a shot on target after the showing against Hamilton. Defensively we look soft in the centre Hamilton contrived to miss two great headed chances in the first half last week so Nish is going to be a problem, I would man mark him with Tokely, drop Maguire and put Proctor at right back. up front we must go with two and one of them must be Rooney who I thought looked very secure when receiving the ball and had an excellent first touch proposed team 442 Fraser Proctor Duff Tokely Hastings Imrie McBain Black Cowie Barrowman Rooney.

Edited by Bollinger

As Hibs are so attacking wouldn't surprise me to see 4-5-1 again and try and hit them on the break, although I would much prefer 4-4-2

CB was not too keen to change his winning team very much, which is understandable, but will he change the loosing one?

Whatever the team it is vital that we turn our truly shocking home form and perfomances around and give us all something to shout about.

Russell Duncan and Granty are both out, so Duff will start with Mcguire, with Nish being our bogeyman, Duff will need to be sharp and keep close tabs on him, no point in putting mcguire against him as he canna jump.

I would like to see 4-4-2 but we will no doubt have 4-5-1 again with Rooney to start.

With Duncan and Munro out here's what I'd go with.

GK Esson

RB Proctor

LB Hastings

CB Tokely

CB Duff

DM Black

RM Sutherland

LM Imrie

CM Cowie (with a license to go forward in support of front 2)

ST Barrowman

ST Rooney

Esson in place of Fraser to see if we play better without Fraser constantly hoofing the ball far up field when we could play short and promote a passing move to keep possession and build an attack.

Proctor is a far better full back than Tokely is at the moment.

Tokely moved to CB as I feel he was too slow for the whole of the last season and doesn't carry enough stamina to track back after his forward runs. He has height, so would be man marking Nish. Great partner for Duff as Rossco will keep him straight on positioning.

Black in a defensive midfielder role. I know folk will try to tell me he is an attacking player but at the moment I'd prefer to see him here than Duncan (who couldn't pass his way out of a paper bag). Black would cement the emphasis I'm putting on generating passing phases of play and building up attacks with his keen eye for a pass.

Their full backs are slow so I think putting Zander and Imrie on the wings will hit them where it hurts constantly beating their man and whipping in a cross from the by-line.

The rest of the team, I feel is self explanitory.

Edited by Jay_7