FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V St Mirren : Matchday Thread

Scotty

My memory is not that good either and it was late last night when I saw the highlights.

The non rossco one! But he could also have been one of the culprits for the other one, as all the defenders appeared to be in a shambles when the ball came over.

Certainly for the first goal it looks as if he stoops to head the ball but pulls out or misses it completely.

I take your point about the half way line in my rant but I was trying to emphasis his inability to be involved with the final marking if he was stuck out on the wing.

Sure but at the same time he came rushing in to close McGinn down but he (McGinn saw him coming and just sidestepped him before nipping off with the ball. Tokely committed himself far too early but he will know that.

Finally, I am a Gemini and we are allowed to exaggerate - so whats a few yards in a rant.

:rotflmao:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for that caley100 you ****! That is my opinion, is this not a opinion forum?!

If someone said that about one of your posts you would go mental.

Oh, i'm a **** for having a different opinion than you? my comment was about your post not about you personally.

And i still think your post was SHYTE

Guest CALEY CALEY CALEYJAGS

i thought the team played ok on sat. bit of luck the game wouldhave been over long before they scored. defence was on top but then 2 bad goals and game over. was at game and how people can continue to blame mcguire for goals when clearly not his fault reporters get it wrong all the time and fans jump on the band wagon and blame the usual suspects. mcguire challenged a high ball with hamilton not mason duff hesitated hastings and fraser closed mehmet down but he clipped over the keeper, second tokely was beaten fair and square but the luck they got when brady put into the net was what we have not been getting. bad touch hamilton but falls perfectly for brady. so how people can continue to blame mcguire when he had a solid game along with duff who had a lapse in concentration which will happen, but its always the same people mcguire fraser hastings who carry the can for a inverness loss.

i thought the team played ok on sat. bit of luck the game wouldhave been over long before they scored. defence was on top but then 2 bad goals and game over. was at game and how people can continue to blame mcguire for goals when clearly not his fault reporters get it wrong all the time and fans jump on the band wagon and blame the usual suspects. mcguire challenged a high ball with hamilton not mason duff hesitated hastings and fraser closed mehmet down but he clipped over the keeper, second tokely was beaten fair and square but the luck they got when brady put into the net was what we have not been getting. bad touch hamilton but falls perfectly for brady. so how people can continue to blame mcguire when he had a solid game along with duff who had a lapse in concentration which will happen, but its always the same people mcguire fraser hastings who carry the can for a inverness loss.

1st goal - McGuire mistimed jump, my dog can do better, followed by first Duff, then Hastings watching in a dream.

2nd goal - Tokely rounded, then shirking the challenge both outside, then inside the box. The rest of the defence, stunned that the defender got that far, stood and watched. Only the miskick seemed to pull them out of their stupor, by then it was too late.

Solution: Proctor for Tokely, Munro for McGuire, but it will not happen for Saturday. Though both have been inconsistent, Tokely will be first to be dropped. Accidents, in the words of the great EC, will continue to happen.

St. Mirren are still a lot less good than we are, even at our shiteiest, and are one of several clubs who will save our bacon this year. Top 6 beckons.

Well that were cr@p!

First home game this season for me and a horrible one

losing at home to St Mirren when you are 1-0 up.... gutted!!

We never played great football throughout the match but in the first half I felt we were outworking St Mirren in most areas of the pitch. Because we started Cowie on the left and Vigurs on the right they both had to come infield to use their favoured feet so it was congested in the centre of the park and IMO it just didn't work.... Eventually they moved back to their preferred positions and we started to see more width in the team and looked the more dominant side but there was no real creativity and I couldn't see where a goal was going to come from until we got the penalty. Nice finish from Rooney and was glad to see him off the mark... we finished the first half playing as we should have started and made 2 or 3 half chances but the urgency was evident.

Second half St Mirren obviously had an ear full from McPherson but I still thought we handled everything they were throwing at us and because they had to attack it meant we could counter, Wood had a shot saved and Rooney was extremely unlucky with his effort off the bar but everyone knows what happens when you don't take your chances.... simple ball hit long through the middle of our defence (couldn't see exactly who was at fault but I'm sure both McGuire & Duff could be blaimed) for the poor mans Graham Bayne to score for Midden... 1-1

Mirren had their tales up and were starting to win all the second balls in the centre, Black seemed to be everywhere but where he should be and McBain was posted missing. The team were still putting in plenty of effort though and I thought Cowie & Vigurs were causing St Mirren problems down the flanks but Brew decided to then take Vigurs off and replace him with Imrie... McBain off for Wilson who went wide and Cowie moved into the centre. Then came our second defensive scalf of the game, Iain Brines got in the way of a pass, which dropped straight to a Mirren player and left us out of position, Robb got the ball on the left and Tokely completely miss-timed his challenge letting him drift in behind and into the box, Robb then cut the ball back for a simple finish 1-2

Barrowman came on, we had a couple of chances but the game was over as soon as we let them back into the match

Ratings:

Fraser 4

Did what was expected, don't think he could do anything about the first

Tokely 2

I wouldn't play him against St Mirren again

McGuire 2

Need to see what happened for the first again but he doesn't inspire confidence

Duff 2

Looked nervous throughout the match and don't think he played any worse or better than McGuire

Hasting 3

Was solid defensively but didn't offer much going forward

Cowie 4

Slowly becoming my favourite player in an ICT shirt and for an ex-tink that's saying something... we NEED to get him on a long ass contract

Vigurs 4

Don't know why he was subbed tbh, had a relatively quiet first half but thought he was one of our better players

McBain 2

Didn't look interested, usually the one thing you can say about McBain is that he works his @rse off but I thought he was a passanger today

Black 4

Although he still needs to work on his positioning he never stopped and is easily our most technically gifted player

Rooney 4

Worked hard scored his penalty and unlucky not to get a second... again was totally baffled why he was replaced for Barrowman

Wood 3

Played well, worked hard, IMO he is a very similar player to Rooney.. I would prefer to see Barrowman +1 next week at Tynecastle

subs

Imrie 1

Didn't offer anything else

Wilson 2

Glad I got to see him on the pitch again, although the legs aren't there anymore he still caused problems and stuck in a couple of nice crosses

Barrowman 1

Didn't have a chance to make an impact although nearly got lucky on a couple of occasions

The solution is to "shoot" into the home support in the first half and get the noise going. We often start brightly so this may work. I am as fed up as everybody else at not seeing any goals at all virtually at this end, quite stagerring really.

Worth a try?

Well that were cr@p!First home game this season for me and a horrible onelosing at home to St Mirren when you are 1-0 up.... gutted!!We never played great football throughout the match but in the first half I felt we were outworking St Mirren in most areas of the pitch.? Because we started Cowie on the left and Vigurs on the right they both had to come infield to use their favoured feet so it was congested in the centre of the park and IMO it just didn't work.... Eventually they moved back to their preferred positions and we started to see more width in the team and looked the more dominant side but there was no real creativity and I couldn't see where a goal was going to come from until we got the penalty.? Nice finish from Rooney and was glad to see him off the mark... we finished the first half playing as we should have started and made 2 or 3 half chances but the urgency was evident.? Second half St Mirren obviously had an ear full from McPherson but I still thought we handled everything they were throwing at us and because they had to attack it meant we could counter, Wood had a shot saved and Rooney was extremely unlucky with his effort off the bar but everyone knows what happens when you don't take your chances.... simple ball hit long through the middle of our defence (couldn't see exactly who was at fault but I'm sure both McGuire & Duff could be blaimed) for the poor mans Graham Bayne to score for Midden... 1-1Mirren had their tales up and were starting to win all the second balls in the centre, Black seemed to be everywhere but where he should be and McBain was posted missing.?? The team were still putting in plenty of effort though and I thought Cowie & Vigurs were causing St Mirren problems down the flanks but Brew decided to then take Vigurs off and replace him with Imrie... McBain off for Wilson who went wide and Cowie moved into the centre.? Then came our second defensive scalf of the game, Iain Brines got in the way of a pass, which dropped straight to a Mirren player and left us out of position, Robb got the ball on the left and Tokely completely miss-timed his challenge letting him drift in behind and into the box, Robb then cut the ball back for a simple finish 1-2Barrowman came on, we had a couple of chances but the game was over as soon as we let them back into the matchRatings:Fraser 4Did what was expected, don't think he could do anything about the firstTokely 2I wouldn't play him against St Mirren againMcGuire 2Need to see what happened for the first again but he doesn't inspire confidenceDuff 2Looked nervous throughout the match and don't think he played any worse or better than McGuireHasting 3Was solid defensively but didn't offer much going forwardCowie 4Slowly becoming my favourite player in an ICT shirt and for an ex-tink that's saying something... we NEED to get him on a long ass contractVigurs 4Don't know why he was subbed tbh, had a relatively quiet first half but thought he was one of our better players McBain 2Didn't look interested, usually the one thing you can say about McBain is that he works his @rse off but I thought he was a passanger todayBlack 4Although he still needs to work on his positioning he never stopped and is easily our most technically gifted playerRooney 4Worked hard scored his penalty and unlucky not to get a second... again was totally baffled why he was replaced for BarrowmanWood 3Played well, worked hard, IMO he is a very similar player to Rooney.. I would prefer to see Barrowman +1 next week at TynecastlesubsImrie 1Didn't offer anything else Wilson 2Glad I got to see him on the pitch again, although the legs aren't there anymore he still caused problems and stuck in a couple of nice crossesBarrowman 1Didn't have a chance to make an impact although nearly got lucky on a couple of occasions
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?

?

?

?

?

?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????? It?? appears that i agree with above quote .Icertainly do not,? and find HARRY CHIBBER referring to DON? COWIE? as an ex tink very offensive .???????????????????????????

Thought we were very poor on Saturday. Fair play to Brew for sticking with the youth who i hear played very well at Falkirk. But once again, when things started to go wrong he didn't have the answers. Feel a bit let down by some of the more experienced players who should have been able to provide a bit of leadership.

I just deleted an earlier contribution to this thread which appeared by mistake under my name.