FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Joe Richardson

The Mantis

I got this email from Laura Richardson:

I was looking at your web site and wondering if you could help or point me in the right direction. My dad is from Inverness (now lives in London) and his father had something to do with Caledonian FC, he may have been on the board? His name was Joe Richardson and he used to run a shop called Foxes/Fox's, not sure which spelling, which was a newsagents, apparently the ice cream was very good! This would have been in the late 40's early 50's, I think he died around 56/57 and my dad said there was a pretty big send off in Inverness. He had a wooden leg if that helps! So I was trying to track down some old photos or something with his name on etc.
Edited by The Mantis

I got this email from Laura Richardson:

I was looking at your web site and wondering if you could help or point me in the right direction. My dad is from Inverness (now lives in London) and his father had something to do with Caledonian FC, he may have been on the board? His name was Joe Richardson and he used to run a shop called Foxes/Fox's, not sure which spelling, which was a newsagents, apparently the ice cream was very good! This would have been in the late 40's early 50's, I think he died around 56/57 and my dad said there was a pretty big send off in Inverness. He had a wooden leg if that helps! So I was trying to track down some old photos or something with his name on etc.

Foxes made excellent ice cream, definately one of the best in ''town'' like many Central Schoolers in the early, mid 50's I used to frequent his shop often. I however do not remember Joe Richardson. This could be a coincidence, but old Foxy also had wooden leg!!! He used to sell single cigarettes in wee paper bags to older students heading for the ''Techie" when old Mr Fox's health deteriorated his Sister returned from living in the U.S.A. to assist in the shop