FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thank You Greenock

Naelifts

It is getting nigh on impossible to motivate myself to attend home games this term. The more easily accessible away games are much more attractive. And when we get the chance to revisit the old haunts of halcyon days the juices really start flowing. Arbroath was a great trip...............I am talking here about an overall experience, not purely in terms of football. The return to Morton was another such voyage. And what a pleasure it turned out to be. As Weestie said, car parking was easy, there is a huge bar capable of accommodating hundreds on the door step, the stewards and police were polite and helpful ( and when it came to the more raucous stuff.....very tolerant). Morton have spent a lot of money doing up their ground and when it is full it must be a rocking venue. Those amongst our support who were singing about a shed were SO wide of the mark. I would say it is a much better and user-friendly facility than ours. Thank you Greenock for your hospitality.

On the football front I met many who thought that I had been over-critical on Saturday. I stand by my comments however and feel many were re-inforced last night. I concede that Mr Imrie had one of his good days and was probably our best player. Rooney added something when he came on. It was good to see Russell back although he was obviously a bit rusty. Morton played well and looked a useful oufit. It was never going to be easy. If Rosscoe's header (that came back off the post and hit him , only to bounce harmlessly to safety) had gone in, we would have lost the game.

The celebration with the players was enough to send us home happy. I couldn't help thinking though that this was our level..........I hope that i am proved wrong

"Arbroath was a great trip....."

Must have been the company you were keeping :rotflmao:

Have to agree though. Gayfield, Cappielow and the like are proper football grounds with proper fans.

Gutted to have missed last night but currently confined to barracks waiting for madame ymip to drop the latest of the young stoney under-5s.

A bientot gents.

old_gits1.jpg

Dear Naelifts and Mantis,

It must be an ageing thing but I agree with a lot that you say. However two wins in tricky away ties should not be totally scoffed at - we are in the QF's and if we get the luck of the draw ya never know. It is a one off game and surely the players - and the fans - can lift themselves fer that.

Lets face it - the standard of the SPL has dived as well - If we had left Falkirk and Tynie having won 5-1 on both occasions we wouldnt have been overly surprised.

Team selection, formation and tactics let us down on both occasions. The team and the shape appears to be relentlessly altered every week. It is clear that their are disgruntled players out there and the togetherness has been slain.

We have players of similiar ilk to many other SPL clubs and, on our day, we can beat most apart from the OF.

But we have a manager who has clearly lost the dressing room.

Yours sincerely,

A wise old man.