FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our Forward line ?

Here are a few statements to chew over:

I feel that the management were caught unawares of the Mercenary jumping ship and their plan was for him to teach Barrowman, Wood, and Rory the trade. I feel that Rooney was a desperate last minute afterthought.

With what we have got I have been advocating 4-5-1 at home and away but I have to concede that as we dont have a forward who looks capable of doing the lone striker job at home I feel that we have to go 4-4-2 at home from now on.

What frustrates me is Brew chopping and changing every week - and it is not all about injury. He has even thrown Cowie into the pot which quite frankly is a waste.

So if it was a 4-5-1 away from home - who would the first choice be. Mine would be Barrowman becos he has more experience, more movement, a better first touch and he is a more natural goalscorer. My second choice would be Rooney as he is more mobile than Wood.

So I would say lets give Barrowman a run of games as the lone striker away from home - I mean 4 to 5 games. If he is not available stick in Rooney.

That has to mean that we go fer Barrowman and Rooney at home with Wood in reserve.

But Brew has to make his own decision but he has to stick to it. He is chopping and changing and getting no consistency - he is doing similar things in midfield yet he stays loyal to his back five !!!!

I agree with most of what was said, except the sentence that "the management were caught unawares of the Mercenary jumping ship". The full story may never emerge but what is clear is that some believe he jumped and others believe he was pushed.

If he was still here, I believe he would have been a fine teacher for the young strikers. Having said that, surely Craig Brewster, as a pretty decent striker himself can give them the benefit of his on-field wisdom !

Brewster should play himself, he was still a top class SPL striker last season and being a fitness freak I don't think it'd take him long to get back into gear. It seems like such a waste never having him on the pitch.

I wouldnt doubt his fitness would be OK, but wonder how his shoulder would hold up .... isnt it supposed to be basically knackered ?

I agree with most of what was said, except the sentence that "the management were caught unawares of the Mercenary jumping ship". The full story may never emerge but what is clear is that some believe he jumped and others believe he was pushed.

I am sure that the fully story will come out when the time is right

Personally I feel our formation should depend on who we're playing, not where we're playing.

Against the likes of Celtic, I think we've got to go 4-5-1 home or away otherwise there's the possibility of getting overrun.

When it comes to the likes of Saturday against Motherwell, I think we should be going 4-4-2, similar quality of team, you've got to go for it at home, I know folk say 4-5-1 can quickly turn into 4-3-3 and it isn't as negative as it looks blah...blah. Load of bull, it's negative, boring, dull crap.

My two would be Rooney and Barrowman. I think Adam Rooney must be getting a wee bit frustrated at his lack of opportunities

So if it was a 4-5-1 away from home - who would the first choice be. Mine would be Barrowman becos he has more experience, more movement, a better first touch and he is a more natural goalscorer. My second choice would be Rooney as he is more mobile than Wood.

Barrowman?s experience is of failing at seven different clubs before finding his level with County in the Second Division.

He?s had more starts this season than the other two and has given us very little.

He played as a lone striker at Pittodrie and Tannadice and with Rooney just off him at Tynie. Only at Pittodrie did Barrowman make a contribution and that?s because Imrie and Cowie got close to him and Aberdeen?s defence was a shambles.

Against Hearts and United he gave us nothing at all, failing to win anything in the air and having no shots on goal. He doesn?t work hard enough and his head goes down when he gets frustrated with the service.

I?d like to see Rooney given a run of games ? he looks more hungry, does more running and links better with the wide players. Obviously, he?s not proven as a goalscorer, but neither is Barrowman.

I?d like to see Rooney given a run of games ? he looks more hungry, does more running and links better with the wide players. Obviously, he?s not proven as a goalscorer, but neither is Barrowman.

In my view, Wood did much better than expected on Saturday and caused Celtic's defence some problems. He needs to work on his first touch though as too many times he got himself in a good position around the edge of the box but lost the ball by just failing to control it. He looked more assured once Rooney was on with him.

In my view, Wood did much better than expected on Saturday and caused Celtic's defence some problems. He needs to work on his first touch though as too many times he got himself in a good position around the edge of the box but lost the ball by just failing to control it. He looked more assured once Rooney was on with him.

How can anybody be as thick as they look ?

The question is... when will the time be right? when certain individuals move on?

No I think it will come out before any individuals move on

But some of us know already but are under censure to keep their gobs shut !! :rotflmao:

How can anybody be as thick as they look ?

The question is... when will the time be right? when certain individuals move on?

No I think it will come out before any individuals move on

But some of us know already but are under censure to keep their gobs shut !! :rotflmao:

IMH as usual I agree with most of what you have said, he changes the team and the positions every week, and not for the better, if it is working why change it, not my usual stance, however he needs to let the team gel, stop them becoming frustrated, leading to fall outs, he dosnt seem to be able to cope with competition and I dont mean the visiting teams.

Well at least now Marius and I are now on each others Xmas card list and we have reached a mutual if not totally accordant agreement of what has happened - and as fer gillian - i concur almost every time with what she says every time - oh what happened to the independent site ??

So much knowledge and so much threat and censorship. :rotflmao: