FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fraser gone in January?

Guest ict1994

Guest ict1994

i have heard many people quoting that hibs and motherwell are weighing up january moves for micheal fraser. if this is the case we must do evreything we can to sell for as much as possible as i think someone as good/bad as him could be picked up for next to nothng.

As we know he can go for nothing in the summer, reckon any interest will wait until January when he can talk with clubs, I am sure his thinking will have changed due to being dropped.

Will he sign a new contract, not sure, hope he signs as I still rate him, even after his number of blunders of late.

he,ll go,i have heard from my "relaible insider" thats hes peed of with the wages some guys at ict get for sitting on the bench,when all hes looknig for is a few quid more than hes on now,so he,ll be offski,especially if esson keeps the jersey and plays well

Was a lot of talk that Fraser was looking elsewhere shortly before Brown left because he wasn't getting a game, and not getting the wage that came with that. He didn't and he was given a great opportunity here which he has made the most of IMO.

However, he still has a bit to go before he's the complete keeper and is still learning. Even the best of players/keepers go through dips in form, will lose their place and have to fight to get it back. There's also the fact that we have no idea whether or not Brewster has dropped him for one game or whether Esson will be in there for a bit and how much Fraser has to do to regain the place.

When Brown left, Fraser got an opportunity here that I very much doubt he would have got anywhere else when you consider just how inexperienced he was at that time. He now has a bit of experience under his belt, and whilst that counts for a fair bit, I think he has a ways to go before he could expect to go to another club at this, or similar, level and get straight into the squad.

I think he's respected at ICT for what he is and where he is at in terms of development. With that comes a certain amount of understanding and acceptance that whilst he may not be the finished article, he will be one day. Allowances have been made for certain shortcomings because I think there's a fair few people, at the club and among the fans, who believe he will be a great keeper one day.

He probably could go and warm the bench somewhere else for more money, but is he going to find it so easy to get first team football on a regular basis? Brown was getting first team football here and was, IMO, on the verge of becoming one of the best keepers in Scotland. He moved, and got a lot more money, but he's not really made any progress since joining Celtic on the playing front. Another season or so at ICT and he would have had his pick of clubs. I think Fraser is in a similar situation. He looks to have the potential to be a great keeper one day, but moving on now could well set him back and whilst he may have a few more quid in his pocket, then it might not benefit him in the long term.

If there's any truth in these rumours, then I just hope someone is sitting him down and making sure he's 100% certain that he knows what he's doing or come the end of the season he could find himself without a contract here and only smaller clubs interested in his services.

Maybe he should have a word with Hastings about how having ideas above your station can back fire on you.

If he does go then i don't really care. Esson was excellent yesterday and he was always going to get a chance sooner or later. Problem is he is the first real competition for Ike as i would have hardly considered Ally Ridgers or Zibi Malkowski as challengers for the number 1 jersey.

Now that we have a decent keeper signed in its possible that Ikes is struggling to live up to Essons standards. Mikey is a decent keeper but he has made 2 or 3 errors so far this season....so he either proves himself worthy of a recall or clears off.

Edited by ajsict92

Very interesting interview I saw with Brown's Manager. The Latter waxes lyrical about the effort Brown has put in to prepare himself for his big chance.

Describes Brown as the consummate professional and says he has never seen a more determined hard-working effort from a player waiting to get his chance.

Now Boruc is on the surgery list Brown mat very well have an extended run in the berth.

Very best of luck to him I say.

Was a lot of talk that Fraser was looking elsewhere shortly before Brown left because he wasn't getting a game, and not getting the wage that came with that. He didn't and he was given a great opportunity here which he has made the most of IMO.

However, he still has a bit to go before he's the complete keeper and is still learning. Even the best of players/keepers go through dips in form, will lose their place and have to fight to get it back. There's also the fact that we have no idea whether or not Brewster has dropped him for one game or whether Esson will be in there for a bit and how much Fraser has to do to regain the place.

When Brown left, Fraser got an opportunity here that I very much doubt he would have got anywhere else when you consider just how inexperienced he was at that time. He now has a bit of experience under his belt, and whilst that counts for a fair bit, I think he has a ways to go before he could expect to go to another club at this, or similar, level and get straight into the squad.

I think he's respected at ICT for what he is and where he is at in terms of development. With that comes a certain amount of understanding and acceptance that whilst he may not be the finished article, he will be one day. Allowances have been made for certain shortcomings because I think there's a fair few people, at the club and among the fans, who believe he will be a great keeper one day.

He probably could go and warm the bench somewhere else for more money, but is he going to find it so easy to get first team football on a regular basis? Brown was getting first team football here and was, IMO, on the verge of becoming one of the best keepers in Scotland. He moved, and got a lot more money, but he's not really made any progress since joining Celtic on the playing front. Another season or so at ICT and he would have had his pick of clubs. I think Fraser is in a similar situation. He looks to have the potential to be a great keeper one day, but moving on now could well set him back and whilst he may have a few more quid in his pocket, then it might not benefit him in the long term.

If there's any truth in these rumours, then I just hope someone is sitting him down and making sure he's 100% certain that he knows what he's doing or come the end of the season he could find himself without a contract here and only smaller clubs interested in his services.

Maybe he should have a word with Hastings about how having ideas above your station can back fire on you.

Hastings won young player of the tournie at CONICAF and was/is a regular in the Canadian squad so was probably intoxicated on his own success. Fraser has had a taste of the "big time" at ICT and obviously sees his worth differently from his demonstrated value.

Let him go to another club and learn from his mistake OR offer him a new short contract on a structured wage (more when he plays and keeps a clean sheet) with a clear professional development plan and see how he reacts to it.

I'd rather keep him but if he wants more for poor performances then he should be allowed to follow his own path.

• 3 weeks later...

he,ll go,i have heard from my "relaible insider" thats hes peed of with the wages some guys at ict get for sitting on the bench,when all hes looknig for is a few quid more than hes on now,so he,ll be offski,especially if esson keeps the jersey and plays well

I think you have maybe summed him up for us!!

If he is 'peed off' let him get off his butt, apply himself to his craft, take the jersey off Esson and get the win bonuses that come with good goalkeeping, instead of griping about others wages!

Lets be frank here - the wages he is on now is of little relevance, he could be showcased every week on TV and have his profile raised, as did his predecessor and then maybe a big move could come his way OR he could be small minded and bitch about others wages!

He's a competent 'keeper who will only improve with age. Esson is justifiably the man in possession just now but Fraser will have his part to play again if he opts to stay either later this season or in the future. A club can get away with having one experienced goalkeeper and a rookie in the lower leagues but not in the SPL.

• 2 weeks later...