FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Drog's B*ll*x

Guest Spectre

If a supporter was caught doing this he would be up before the judge next morning and probably served with a football banning order. The very least should apply to Drogba.

So true and the football fan would probably end up going to jail for a while,pampered priemiership stars should be held accountable for their actions

I bet there's more people sitting tight lipped thinking "Good on him" than their are people who will come out to have a go at the guy.

What he did was extremely stupid as the fan on the receiving end of the coin was unlikely to be the one who lobbed it in the first place....but hind sight is a great thing, and if it was me on the receiving end of the coin in the first place I would probably be tempted to do the same as Drogba did. It doesn't make it right, but it does make it understandable.

The only unfortunate thing in all of this is that the scumbag who threw the coin in the first place will likely go unpunished because attention is being deflected onto the players reaction.

I bet there's more people sitting tight lipped thinking "Good on him" than their are people who will come out to have a go at the guy.

What he did was extremely stupid as the fan on the receiving end of the coin was unlikely to be the one who lobbed it in the first place....but hind sight is a great thing, and if it was me on the receiving end of the coin in the first place I would probably be tempted to do the same as Drogba did. It doesn't make it right, but it does make it understandable.

The only unfortunate thing in all of this is that the scumbag who threw the coin in the first place will likely go unpunished because attention is being deflected onto the players reaction.

Would your attitude be the same if the " scumbag " Drogba took a childs eye out with the coin?

Guest couchpotato

I certainly didn't think "good on him".Whilst i understand these guy's are human and prone to react,they MUST accept the responsibilty that goes with the territory.Drogba purposefully winds up opposition support with his "tactics" and to act in this petulant and irresponsible manner requires action to be taken against him. Following your argument, does the supporter hit by Drogba have justification to "return fire"?

I certainly didn't think "good on him".Whilst i understand these guy's are human and prone to react,they MUST accept the responsibilty that goes with the territory.Drogba purposefully winds up opposition support with his "tactics" and to act in this petulant and irresponsible manner requires action to be taken against him. Following your argument, does the supporter hit by Drogba have justification to "return fire"?

I never suggested for a second that his actions were justified or that he should go unpunished.

Would your attitude be the same if the " scumbag " Drogba took a childs eye out with the coin?

And if the coin thrower took the players eye out?

It was only a matter of time before this happened and a player reacted without thinking (that he may take a childs eye out accidently) but the fact remains, refs get pelted, linesmen pelted and players with sharp metal objects. While in hindsight its wrong to throw it back, you cant blame someone for lashing out in a self defensive manner. It doesnt matter how much he gets pampered and paid, he is still human and is prone to acting on impulse.

I'd hate to run the line. You've got to concentrate on making sure you get every offside right and put out your head that, back turned, a 1000 coins are being aimed directly at you.

Its not right for drogba or previously carragher to react, but it's understandable and he later acted correctly and issued a full apology.

I am just having a wee joke when i say this before im am warned and or kicked off... here go's

if we all tossed coins at brew/or the player who we least like that game i recon after the first half of the first game alone we'll have sorted Caleys Money out and thus bring in goal makers and scores and stopper in no time, we'd be minted as a club!!!

Please however "Do not do this, it is just my daft mind working overtime!!"

So its quite acceptable for someone in the crowd to chuck coins and maybe take a young players eye out.

Where has anyone said that Alex?

You are saying its not acceptable for Drogba to throw the coin. I agree. I dont, however, see you, or anyone else referring to the person in the crowd who initially threw the coin as a scumbag. Nor have you acknowledged that that person was also wrong.

So its quite acceptable for someone in the crowd to chuck coins and maybe take a young players eye out.

Where has anyone said that Alex?

You are saying its not acceptable for Drogba to throw the coin. I agree. I dont, however, see you, or anyone else referring to the person in the crowd who initially threw the coin as a scumbag. Nor have you acknowledged that that person was also wrong.

The thread is about Drogba not the fan who threw the coin ( who was well out of order ).

Guest bagsofjags

Technically he shouldn't have thrown a coin into the crowd, but to be honest this is a bit of a storm in a teacup as far as I'm concerned because he didn't pelt it into the fans, it was more like a sidearm toss that's unlikely to have caused anyone any damage. It sounds a lot worse in newspaper reports than it actually looked on TV.