FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Why cant he do it in the first team?

Alex MacLeod

Its simple Alex...he isnt up to the task. Nothing more than that. Id say his level is 2nd Div.

Ordinarily I'd maybe agree with you both but the reserves were up against a pretty strong Rangers team including Dailly, Beasley, Novo, Adam and Burke.

It would also appear from the report that Rory and Zander were linking up very well.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Guest Spectre

Well I'm guessing those players don't really give it their all when playing for the Rangers reserves!

So presumably there's quite a bit more time and space.

I would think he needs a long spell playing regular first team football, but not in the SPL.

I would say we will probably never find out. My own reasoning is quite simple. Rory like a lot of other players who have been at our club are never given a run i.e. 5 or 6 games, to show whether they are good enough or not. It is not easy coming on for 15 mins every now and then and having an impact.

Rory has been given decent runs in the first team in the past. To my mind it boils down to confidence and I suspect given his relative maturity now, that if it hasn't happened by now it never will.

That said, the boy has talent and I'm sure will be a fine player at Second or even First Division level.

Rory has been given decent runs in the first team in the past. To my mind it boils down to confidence and I suspect given his relative maturity now, that if it hasn't happened by now it never will.

That said, the boy has talent and I'm sure will be a fine player at Second or even First Division level.

I may be wrong but i cannot recall him starting more than 2 cosecutive games.

I would say we will probably never find out. My own reasoning is quite simple. Rory like a lot of other players who have been at our club are never given a run i.e. 5 or 6 games, to show whether they are good enough or not. It is not easy coming on for 15 mins every now and then and having an impact.

Rory was our first choice striker for a couple of weeks under Christie.

As I said in a thread before...

Zander still making an impact in the reserves but with no luck in the first team! How long before that changes? I know MaCallister has done well to and maybe another chance at first team?

........ Discuss :rotflmao:

I would say give McAllister a place in the team for Garry Wood who for me really has made little impact in the team. Scored against Celtic and played ok against Hibs but thats it. Rory played well when i saw him play against the Celtic reserves a month ago and a double against the gers, added to his pre-season performance suggest he deserves a shout.

Zander has been on the bench the last couple of games and i can only think Brew will give him a shout somewhere along the line should he continue to be there. We've seen patches of what he is capable of before and he would be a different kind of winger to that of Imrie and Cowie and opposition defences won't really know what to expect of him so i say give a sub appearence in the next game, we all know he has the capability.

I did advise against playing Rory so young - Brewster again - and he - like Wood - was really thrown into the deep end too soon - that really affected Rory's confidence.

But the lads are the Brew choice (big boys) who he evidently thought / thinks that his support and direction will help them develop into top class players.

Rory simply hasnt got the pace unfortunately but he will be a decent SFL player - Wood appears likewise and will probably also end up in the SFL. Rory and Wood are raw carbon copies of Brew - (but he had real movement and awareness) Brew has to start looking at youngsters with pace and movement.