FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Looks like we are stuck with the clown

SMEE

I find this all so disheartening. The heart really appears to have disappeared from our club. No matter what kind of post you put on here someone is always ready to take a swipe at you.

From my perspective that was an average home performance, we played terrible and lost. We played with players in wrong positions, Cowie was utter mince, if he thinks he's walking into a top six team with perofrmances like todays then he is very wrong.

Barrowman didn't score again. But then has he really been given the chance, he has only started 2 or 3 games this season, but yet he is (like wood) the inexperienced player who should be feeding off an more streetwise striker, should we expecting so much from him? The fans round about me were screaming abuse at him like everythings his fault. Granted he didnt score but i dont recall him having many if any opportunities, yes his passing and ball distribution was poorbut then so was proctors, duncans, imries and cowies.

Curiously Brewster has decided not to play Barrowman for the majority of the season, yet the week following Barrowman's newspaper story about not getting a chance he is in the starting team. Wood has been the chosen striker for Brewster to favour but finds himself dropped, and Rooney the classiest of all 3 hasn't featured for long enough.

Am i alone in thinking we missed Tokely today? We had no attacking threat on our right hand side at all today as Brewster chose to play Proctor (a right back) in the centre of defence and Duff (a centre half) at right back, which led to Duff being put in many uncomfortable positions as he obviously isn't used to being an attcking threat.

The only attacking players we had today were Imrie, who brewster subbed first and Hastings. He then put Vigurs (left footed) on the right and Cowie (right footed on the left). The second we are in trouble Brewster then surprise surprise puts on a second striker. The difference was clear for everyone.

Brewtser was in the paper this week asking for the fans to get behind the team and asking us to understand why he persists in playing one up front.

In my mind Brewster has to go. Regardless of who comes into replace him. But to offer him a new deal is in my mind ludicrous. I am fast becoming disinterested in the football and today found myself wanting to be anywhere except down the longman. The kids i take have dropped in number from 13 to 6, my father missed his first game in years. This is simply due to the quality of football on display.

On the other hand though, is it a disgrace to get beat 3-1 by the team in 3rd place?

To be honest I dont really care anymore.

Thanks for that post mate. I was beginning to think i was some sort of freak and had been at different games to others. I agree with everything you have said and for the first time ever i would have left the stadium with 20 mins to go if i had transport. If our board do not take some sort of action i shudder to think how many people will renew their season tickets for next season. Bear in mind this season they have already dropped below 2500.Finally can anyone tell me if Brewster has ever once admitted to getting team selection or tactics wrong? I think not his arrogance is beyond belief.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aldalzz

who would people like to see replace 'special' brew?

I have played championship manager on the pc in the past and if I'm not any good after a year and a half I'll RESIGN

Eh? so why cant they play at home? the players dont take any blame??? Imrie was gash today, Vigurs didnt look interested and Cowie looked like he is away in January.

The manager played two players in the wrong place, Proc should have been RB and Duff should have been next to Granty.

He cant be blamed for the shyte performance from midfield, the midfield that did so well against Killie and Celtic.

Hey mate , when were you released from hospital?How can you possibly come on here and defend our manager then proceed to critisize players who are asked regularly play systems and positions unsuited to them. One last question . Are you Brewster in disguise!

Well I for one would like to stand up and say well done to Craig Brewster.

In one of the papers, or possibly teletext, he points out how influencial Conway or was it Daly was against us yesterday. He then goes on to make it clear that he was the one who was responsible for signing the player for united. - not exactly what our long suffering fans are wanting to hear Craig. But like i said - Well Done.

You can't honestly say Jim Duffy is a better manager though.

Of course he's not as good a manager as Brewster . Duffy only managed to take Dundee to 2 National finals and took them to the UEFA Cup . Nowhere near as good a record as Brewsters :rotflmao:

Bankrupting them in the process.

How on Earth can you back a manager with a record like his?

Insane.

Oh look, Dalneigh finds fault with one of my posts again.

As I said, Brewster made some honking mistakes today, and most will throw the old one defeat from relegation statistic at me, but I'd reply that we are also 1 victory (with our away form as it is, a very winnable game against St Mirren) away from the top 6.

Que someone hurling abuse at me for having a different opinion to their own.

Its "fans" like you that will see this club dragged into the first division with your blind support of an obviously inept manager.

Why Dalneigh, do you consist with having personal digs at people that don't agree with your opinion. I have no problem with you disagreeing with what I have to say on the matter of Caley Thistle, but why rather than presenting your arguments against what I have to say, do you have a sly dig at me.

jim duffy or steven pressleyas a player/man

Jim Duffy's too old to be a player/manager. Besides we've got McGuire to come back in central defence... :thumb04: ...maybe Duffy could play on for a season then :rotflmao:

Seriously, I think Pressley as manager and Duffy assisting him I could really go for. I like our habit of taking on young hungry managers and apparently Duffy is a good coach with extensive knowledge on the game. Could work!