FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Looks like we are stuck with the clown

SMEE

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i am not in the pro Brewster camp far from it but I do agree that he should be given a chance as he is a relatively new manager. As with all walks of life..... we live we learn.

I personally would like to see a complete overhaul at board and managerial level - a complete new set of vision and values. Prudence(which we have in abundance) with a large dose of ambition is what is required. However we can only utilise the tools that we have at the moment so we just have to get on with it.

Another great home result today.

If the board are reading this - Please get Brewster signed up on a long term deal before one of the big clubs steal him from us. Lets not forget Man Utd will be looking to replace Sir Alex soon and they couldn't get a more tactically aware manager than our very own Brew. Worse still we might also lose Malky and the 12 fitness coaches. Okay, we may get a few million for them all, but that would be little consolation for such a quality coaching staff.

All I want for Christmas is a new long term deal for Brewster, oh yeh and World peace as well

Do I need to use the tongue in cheek icon ........ nah, don't think so

I'm praying this evening that the talks of a contract extension are actually the "vote of confidence" that normally precedes a managers getting his P45.

9th in the league is about the extent of our board's ambition...all is rosy in their heads!

Brewster still has my backing (just), but he ****** up today, no doubt about it. A lot of the home games have, IMO been down to poor player performances as opposed to poor tactics, but he got nothing right today and I will be very disappointed if he does not come out and take the blame.

How on Earth can you back a manager with a record like his?

Insane.

Oh look, Dalneigh finds fault with one of my posts again.

As I said, Brewster made some honking mistakes today, and most will throw the old one defeat from relegation statistic at me, but I'd reply that we are also 1 victory (with our away form as it is, a very winnable game against St Mirren) away from the top 6.

Que someone hurling abuse at me for having a different opinion to their own.

Insane.

As I said, Brewster made some honking mistakes today, and most will throw the old one defeat from relegation statistic at me, but I'd reply that we are also 1 victory (with our away form as it is, a very winnable game against St Mirren) away from the top 6.

Chris certianly not going to hurl abuse as yes we are all entitled to our opinions but are you not worried the way things are going

Insane.

Chris certianly not going to hurl abuse as yes we are all entitled to our opinions but are you not worried the way things are going

I am indeed worried. Brewster continually makes stupid mistakes at home and frequently shows his tactical inexperience. However, I just don't think things are that bad. United would have been expected to win today, and by the sounds of things in the first half at least we gave them a game.

I also look at what Brewster has brought to the club (far more than Christie IMO). I'm impressed at the way he is willing to throw young guys in at the deepend, and yes on some occasions these decisions have not worked the way he would have liked, but I direct you to the preformance of Gary Wood and Ian Vigurs at Hibs. He seems to at least try to play half decent football, and so far has been excellent in the transfer market (Djebdi-Zadi aside). He is master of the counter attack and genuinely seems to want whats best for the club.

And don't forget that the players are fitter than ever.

Yes things aren't perfect, but I am convinced we can go to Love Street and get a win, and IF Brewster is willing to learn from the mistakes he made to day, we will give Aberdeen a decent game on the 21st.

Its Brewsters job to roast the players, not stand there motionless. The board need to wise up quickly and ditch those rose-tinted specs.

Was it last week that most on here were fuming at Brewster for doing exactly that :rotflmao:

Insane.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH , season ticket holders have paid up front to see decent performances & we AINT getting them , its all fine & well when we get good results away from home , but with the present financial climate we cant all afford to go to away games .

ICT GET IT SORTED !!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Insane.

I am indeed worried. Brewster continually makes stupid mistakes at home and frequently shows his tactical inexperience. However, I just don't think things are that bad. United would have been expected to win today, and by the sounds of things in the first half at least we gave them a game.

I also look at what Brewster has brought to the club (far more than Christie IMO). I'm impressed at the way he is willing to throw young guys in at the deepend, and yes on some occasions these decisions have not worked the way he would have liked, but I direct you to the preformance of Gary Wood and Ian Vigurs at Hibs. He seems to at least try to play half decent football, and so far has been excellent in the transfer market (Djebdi-Zadi aside). He is master of the counter attack and genuinely seems to want whats best for the club.

Yes things aren't perfect, but I am convinced we can go to Love Street and get a win, and IF Brewster is willing to learn from the mistakes he made to day, we will give Aberdeen a decent game on the 21st.

Its Brewsters job to roast the players, not stand there motionless. The board need to wise up quickly and ditch those rose-tinted specs.

Was it last week that most on here were fuming at Brewster for doing exactly that :rotflmao:

Master of the counter attack I must have missed that

Another typically backward step from this board announcing a contract exstension! FFS he even asked my 18 year old son in the street if he had any ideas about possible formations! I have since instilled 'Stranger Danger' into my son :rotflmao:

brewster has a habit of asking any of the coaching staff(even kids coaches)who are passing his office on a friday night,what team and formations they would play,they tell him,and i dont think he has every payed any attention to what they have said,so why ask?????

Insane.

You don't go to many away games then, but I assure you he is.

(The away games comment is not a personal dig at you, it's just thats where its most on show).

I find this all so disheartening. The heart really appears to have disappeared from our club. No matter what kind of post you put on here someone is always ready to take a swipe at you.

From my perspective that was an average home performance, we played terrible and lost. We played with players in wrong positions, Cowie was utter mince, if he thinks he's walking into a top six team with perofrmances like todays then he is very wrong.

Barrowman didn't score again. But then has he really been given the chance, he has only started 2 or 3 games this season, but yet he is (like wood) the inexperienced player who should be feeding off an more streetwise striker, should we expecting so much from him? The fans round about me were screaming abuse at him like everythings his fault. Granted he didnt score but i dont recall him having many if any opportunities, yes his passing and ball distribution was poorbut then so was proctors, duncans, imries and cowies.

Curiously Brewster has decided not to play Barrowman for the majority of the season, yet the week following Barrowman's newspaper story about not getting a chance he is in the starting team. Wood has been the chosen striker for Brewster to favour but finds himself dropped, and Rooney the classiest of all 3 hasn't featured for long enough.

Am i alone in thinking we missed Tokely today? We had no attacking threat on our right hand side at all today as Brewster chose to play Proctor (a right back) in the centre of defence and Duff (a centre half) at right back, which led to Duff being put in many uncomfortable positions as he obviously isn't used to being an attcking threat.

The only attacking players we had today were Imrie, who brewster subbed first and Hastings. He then put Vigurs (left footed) on the right and Cowie (right footed on the left). The second we are in trouble Brewster then surprise surprise puts on a second striker. The difference was clear for everyone.

Brewtser was in the paper this week asking for the fans to get behind the team and asking us to understand why he persists in playing one up front.

In my mind Brewster has to go. Regardless of who comes into replace him. But to offer him a new deal is in my mind ludicrous. I am fast becoming disinterested in the football and today found myself wanting to be anywhere except down the longman. The kids i take have dropped in number from 13 to 6, my father missed his first game in years. This is simply due to the quality of football on display.

On the other hand though, is it a disgrace to get beat 3-1 by the team in 3rd place?

To be honest I dont really care anymore.

Insane.

You don't go to many away games then, but I assure you he is.

(The away games comment is not a personal dig at you, it's just thats where its most on show).

yes you right chris i havent been to any away games it was just the words master and brew in the same sentence that baffled me

Just to clear things up for you 5th stand, Bingham legend comes on here telling us how things are and how the fans think things should be etc, yet he came on this site, several years ago telling us all that despite his "super ict fan" status he was now going to support Kilmarnock.

I come on here and post my opinion about a game of football and you tell me to take a flying F***

I'm getting sick of this website to due to people like you, making comments like that.