FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Aberdeen : matchday thread .....

Scotty

todays game was sh*te

but the north stand were a good singing support for all of the first half and in the second half we gave alot of abuse to brewster

i say we protest to get rid of brewster

brewster GTF, brewster brewster GTF :rotflmao:

There's only one person who could get rid of Brewster at a stroke and he's been significantly silent this year.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aye once again a shocking display... then followed by a bullsh*t excuse. I've said for weeks now there has been no apology to the fans, and AGAIN today Brewster showed how much he gave a toss for any of us (and even more so the people who sat through it, I didn't as I was at work) ****** to the full extent Brewster. I can't stand his lack of acknoledgement to the fans except for the odd "boo hoo the fans aren't getting behind us and thats why we're losing :rotflmao: :thumb04: " crap

Aye once again a shocking display... then followed by a bullsh*t excuse. I've said for weeks now there has been no apology to the fans, and AGAIN today Brewster showed how much he gave a toss for any of us (and even more so the people who sat through it, I didn't as I was at work) ****** to the full extent Brewster. I can't stand his lack of acknoledgement to the fans except for the odd "boo hoo the fans aren't getting behind us and thats why we're losing :rotflmao: :thumb04: " crap

As usual some hysterical posts here concerning the actual performance, some only from listening to the radio commentary. I would not take Scott Davie's or Brian Irvine's opinions no matter what.

From someone who was at the game, and I know we all have different opinions, here are my views.

Team was certainly up for it today but losing that first goal was crucial. Not convinced it was a free kick and certainly ref let similar challenges go. Nothing could be done about the free kick though. Team tried to fight back and, despite what has been said, Garry Wood had his best game for a while and took the game to Aberdeen. As for some comments about not being able to jump, hard to do so when Diamond was all over him and Wood got very little help from the ref.I genuinely thought team played okay until the third goal went in and then heads went down understandably. Two of the Aberdeen goals came from mistakes by our players, not from anything Aberdeen created and had we been able to get a goal back at 0-1 or 0-2, we would have been in with a shout. Luck as deserted us though as ball keeps getting scrambled away on the goal line and we should have had a penalty which the clueless ref waved away.

That is the positive side. However there are also negatives. The lack of substitutes was baffling. After his mistake, Imrie's confidence was clearly shot and he should have been replaced. Richard Hastings also had a nightmare, his fault for one of the goals and almost lost us another in similar circumstances. He needs to be left out for a few games.

The team badly needs a confidence boost and they can only do that themselves by somehow winning or scoring and not losing. Brewster cannot give them that but tactically he could do more. Unfortunately, I don't think he has it in him to do that so he has to go.

I genuinely thought team played okay until the third goal went in and then heads went down understandably. Two of the Aberdeen goals came from mistakes by our players, not from anything Aberdeen created and had we been able to get a goal back at 0-1 or 0-2, we would have been in with a shout.

Is that paragraph not a bit of a contradiction Huisdean? If the team had played ok there wouldn't have been a third goal. Mistakes from our players is not 'playing ok'.

I really can't be bothered typing today...........but for what it's worth I thought we started very brightly, some crisp passing keeping the ball on the deck stuff. We had four or five shots blocked within five seconds as we seiged the Dons penalty box in the first few minutes. All to often though, we can't score and against the run of play Dons score with a decent free kick from Cuthbert. Esson obviously never learned from the Bob Malcolm thunderbolt. Goal as soon as it left his foot. We did compete well up to half time, but the quick two three just after half time completely took the wind out of our sails and left us in the doldrums once again. We could not buy a goal yesterday, and even wee Blackie was unfortunate for his chip to hit the bar, but again too little too late.

Roossco, Wood and Black getting pass marks.

Public enemies were Brewster, Malky, Hastings and Imrie. All I'm afraid are out of their depth.

It's there for all to see, we have a major issue at this club and the board must do something about it.

We did compete well up to half time, but the quick two three just after half time completely took the wind out of our sails and left us in the doldrums once again. We could not buy a goal yesterday, and even wee Blackie was unfortunate for his chip to hit the bar, but again too little too late.

Another goal lost within 10 minutes of the re-start, and again it completely knocks us for 6! I've heard hat Brewster doesn't go into the changing rooms at half time... when i first heard that I thought it can't be right but from the number of goals we've lost just after, I wouldn't be surprised

As usual some hysterical posts here concerning the actual performance, some only from listening to the radio commentary. I would not take Scott Davie's or Brian Irvine's opinions no matter what.

Well lucky you, some of us only have the option of listening on the radio and the opinions you have typed are very close (in parts) to the opinions stated on that device by one of the commentators .... are you Brian Irvine in disguise ?

I'd pretty much agree with TM4TJ's short summary of the game, although I can't account for the time where I was unable to watch the match due to being unjustly interrupted with 2 Stewards standing in front of me.

So hacked off was I by yesterdays outcome that I decided that despite being about dead on feet, I wasn't going home because I couldn't stand the thought of coming on here to be reminded about just how bad things are at ICT at the moment. I ended up in Ardersier with the Gringo's and was equally glad of the fact that I couldn't get a telephone signal (Apologies to those who tried calling/texting and never got a response, but I couldn't have taken another conversation about ICT or I would have either gone over the edge or flipped out).

Can only listen on the radio as not on the same continent, hope i can still offer my opinion, right or wrong, from time to time?

It does seem, from various sources, that luck deserted the team.... but didnt score and conceded three, thats not solely down to luck or the lack of it, in my opinion...

I'd pretty much agree with TM4TJ's short summary of the game, although I can't account for the time where I was unable to watch the match due to being unjustly interrupted with 2 Stewards standing in front of me.

So hacked off was I by yesterdays outcome that I decided that despite being about dead on feet, I wasn't going home because I couldn't stand the thought of coming on here to be reminded about just how bad things are at ICT at the moment. I ended up in Ardersier with the Gringo's and was equally glad of the fact that I couldn't get a telephone signal (Apologies to those who tried calling/texting and never got a response, but I couldn't have taken another conversation about ICT or I would have either gone over the edge or flipped out).

Are you sure you weren't held at her majesties pleasure? :rotflmao:

Have just had a good look at the highlights.

Where the f*ck has this new habbit the defenders have aquired come from?

The habbit in question being the one where every defender stops in their tracks with their hands up appealing for off-side...

The incident I'm referring to in the game is where a header is delivered from their midfield straight over the top of our defence to meet Miller arriving with a well timed run with yards of space. Why does he have yards of space? Because every one of our defenders have stopped to wave at the linesman...

This is happening way too much and eventually it will cost us dearly...

Of course Brewster should already f*cking know this but can't f*cking solve it because he's too busy making the players run about in training! :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Have just had a good look at the highlights.

Where the f*ck has this new habbit the defenders have aquired come from?

The habbit in question being the one where every defender stops in their tracks with their hands up appealing for off-side...

The incident I'm referring to in the game is where a header is delivered from their midfield straight over the top of our defence to meet Miller arriving with a well timed run with yards of space. Why does he have yards of space? Because every one of our defenders have stopped to wave at the linesman...

This is happening way too much and eventually it will cost us dearly...

Of course Brewster should already f*cking know this but can't f*cking solve it because he's too busy making the players run about in training! :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

To be fair that's nothing that Brewster's brought to the side - the back four have been waving their arms about instead of playing to the whistle for more years than CB's been in charge.

To be fair that's nothing that Brewster's brought to the side - the back four have been waving their arms about instead of playing to the whistle for more years than CB's been in charge.

It might not be his fault, but what's he doing to address the issue?

He's maintaining the problem by fecking around with the defence, Proctor is NOT a central defender but continually gets played there in spite of Duffs form improving all the time( when he got played).

Hasting should have been replaced last seson but he continually lets us down.

It might not be his fault, but what's he doing to address the issue?

True, but perspective is important, and CC did little about it either. Brew is not the Antichrist - he's just not the man for the job, in the minds of most.

Edited by 4ize

Just watched the beeb highlights - good to see the third goal as I was watching the crowd when it went in. Not really too bad a perfrmance, at least in the first half, then heads went down. A team whose confidence is so easily dented is one that has a central malaise at the heart of it. We/Brew can blame luck, but to be lucky, you have to be in a lucky place, and ICT are clearly not. We are losing too many games. Some we play well, some we dont, but two more wins on the board at this point and we would be a lot less twitchy about a couple of defensive errors.

Wood did play better than I have seen him, his first touch seems to have improved, but after turning his marker once, he then proceeded to try and do it again and again. His man, just walked round him, while he waited for the ball. That is an experience problem. The game picked up briefly when Rooney came on. He likes to get stuck in and will be an asset once he has a worthwhile striking chum. This is a priority, no matter how much it costs.

The defence did mostly well, dealing with some speedy attacks. Imries mistake was a major **** up but looking again he had little option; heading upfield would have put it straight to a Seagull, he would have hoped that one of his chums would have moved toward it. They didnt because the defence has no idea where they should be torn between natural skill andthe bosses plan. Imrie is quality and will continu to improve. A good buy.

Hastings slipped, not for the first time, but for me the real cuprit was Proctor, another player who I usually rate. He failed to attempt what was a very doable clearance, either by head earlier, scisors kick halfway through the arc or even a spin, at the end. Fear of failure, again lack of spirit.

I am heartened by the news of a possible resignation today and Johndo's scenario would be a dream one for me. - I will even forgive the Red Balloon, if the resulst start happening. However, New Year cash injection with an experiencd forward and a good stopper would cover over all the mistakes ade by the board and management, and would pull out out of the RZ, without ever letting us acheive anything great. Still not the best VFM scenario in my book. If Black and Cowie do go then, that, of course will be a whole different ball game. Interesting times.

Also I salute those who made a stand in the NOrth Stand on Saturday. I am sure it caught the eye.

Gordy, my initial thought at the time was why not head it back to Esson.

I am not so sure Proctor could have prevented the goal, the ball was always running away from him. To be honest, our mistakes apart, the three Aberdeen goals were well executed.

I really can't be bothered typing today...........but for what it's worth I thought we started very brightly, some crisp passing keeping the ball on the deck stuff. We had four or five shots blocked within five seconds as we seiged the Dons penalty box in the first few minutes. All to often though, we can't score and against the run of play Dons score with a decent free kick from Cuthbert. Esson obviously never learned from the Bob Malcolm thunderbolt. Goal as soon as it left his foot. We did compete well up to half time, but the quick two three just after half time completely took the wind out of our sails and left us in the doldrums once again. We could not buy a goal yesterday, and even wee Blackie was unfortunate for his chip to hit the bar, but again too little too late.

Roossco, Wood and Black getting pass marks.

Public enemies were Brewster, Malky, Hastings and Imrie. All I'm afraid are out of their depth.

It's there for all to see, we have a major issue at this club and the board must do something about it.

Cuthbert ? Is this a new signing for Dons ?

:rotflmao:

Always check before you type, thats what I say......................

You are of course correct, it was the other chappie, Charlie Mulgrew, ex Celtic, Dundee United Wolverhampton Wanderers and Southend United player.

Scott Cuthbert was the name that popped into my head. I knew what I meant though. He is the former Celtic, Livingston and now St Mirren player.

Aye, easy mistake to make... especially for an old git.. :rotflmao:

Didnt mention Cowie Don? were didnt think he was up for the game, and hasnt been so for a whle now - is his mind further south? because he couldnt get a game for Aberdeen the noo.