FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who's Your Candidate?

Renegade

Who's your candidate?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate do you want to see at ICT?

• John Robertson
    • Terry Butcher
    • Derek McInnes
    • Neale Cooper
    • Steven Pressley
    • Duncan Shearer
    • Jim Duffy
    • Barry Wilson
    • Derek Adams
    • Donald Park
    • Stevie Frail
    • Steve Paterson
    • Craig Brown
    • Ian McCall
    • Gordon Chisholm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On balance Robbo for me too, whist I must admit I have a slight fear of going back to a previous manager (After Brew).

I think as we only have 16 games or so to turn this round and survive in the SPL.

Our best option is Robbo as he is placed to hit the ground running.. and is probably the most cost effective option.

He did well with Derry (only as good as your last job?) , he knows the team, he is settled up here and the players respect him. I think he has a genuine affinity to ICT.

Whilst his records at Hearts and Livi may not look fab, (it has to be remembered that both clubs had huge debts and interference problems from their boards).

Failing that Butcher (although have worrys about him being 100% dedicated as juggling Scotland and ICT), Knox.

Edited by kiltarlity

John Robertson - mixed record, wouldn't mind having him back, even though I'm fairly sure he'd take us down. I'm secretly looking forward to Div 1 anyway :D

Terry Butcher - did well at 'well but I couldn't bear to watch us lie down 3 times a season against Rangers. Did ***** at Brentford :D .

Derek McInnes - can't see him leaving a club about to join the SPL for one about to leave it :P

Neale Cooper - mixed record at lower league level...maybe if we fall to Div 2 :D

Steven Pressley - he's m e n t a l :021:

Duncan Shearer - deary me....and Brian Irvine, too :018:

Jim Duffy - not enough going on up top :015: half of the league

Barry Wilson - just what we need, a guy with zero experience :rotflmao:

Derek Adams - spends too much time with his dad :D

Donald Park - not again...ffs, he's just some jumped up taxi driver :D

Stevie Frail - Stevie Fail :lol:

Steve Paterson - yesterday's hero :D

Craig Brown - I can hear him now on the day he takes us down "but we had 3 more corner kicks this season than Hamilton" :D

Ian McCall - wouldn't mind him. He might do well, but even if he didn't, it woul dbe fun giving him pelters from the stands :thumb04:

Gordon Chisholm - yeah, 'cos QOS are doing so well right now ;)

No mention of Blobby Williamson :D ?

kevin mcdonald - product of IHS and league winner and european cup winner with liverpool. reserve team manager of aston villa. ex caley player as well.

comparing him with robbo is like comparing a thoroughbred with a donkey.

Any real fan knows that even if Robbo did want the job, as long as David Sutherland has a say so on the goings on he would never in hell allow him to come back.

I voted Terry Butcher. I would love to see him at TCS. Get him on a 6 month deal and if he saves us great!! I think a quick fix is needed at the moment and then the real search can begin in the summer when the season is over. And to be fair to him he done a great job considerin the financial difficulties that 'Well were expierencing at the time he took the helm and even took them to the 2005 Scottish cup final even if they did get humped 5-1 by the teddy bears. With the smallest of budgets i think he could be the one to get us out of this pile of ***** that brewster has left us in and maybe even take us to new heights if he had the chance. Im sure he must have picked up a few contacts that would be able to recommend cheap but very effective players that would give some serious competition for places in the side.

Edited by ictbetterthanthehighlands

Any real fan knows that even if Robbo did want the job, as long as David Sutherland has a say so on the goings on he would never in hell allow him to come back.

The poll is not "who is David Sutherland's candidate?" but "who is your candidate?" because I voted Robbo does that mean I am not a true supporter? Get a fecking grip.

There are both for and against arguments for Robbo and Butcher. I'd be very happy with either (yesterday I was more in favour of Butcher, today its Robbo - must be the coffee).

Failing that I think Archie Knox would be the best candidate.

The board have finally done the right thing, lets keep faith that they can do it again by appointing the correct man.

Cooper, Adams, Duffy and Shearer don't inspire me much.

McCall, Chisolm and Frail fill me with dread tho!

Edited by KingBeastie

this is good, it seems that most of us will take anybody!! everyone seems to have at least one vote..

Id love to see Bazza back in some form or another but we also need an experi Manager.... Robbo got my vote, just for his seeming respect for the club and knowlage of what we can do.... yes hes a blast from the past and we always seem to give old faces another chance that never seems to work, but i beleve hes the best man for the job just now.... at least an offer till the end of the season, but deffo love to see the legend bazza back.... Id even like to see CC back on the first team coaching list aswell..... DAME IT!! another blast....

The people who voted for Chisolm need to explain themselves. We've just sacked a manager with our club in the relegation zone yet some people want the guy who is in charge of an SFL 1 club...

...in the relegation zone :rotflmao:

Still think that Butcher's article in the Herald shows he distancing himself from the job....or would not be willing to give up the Scotland position if appointed. Had we not been in the relegation zone then I would be more willing to take a punt on him, but still don't think we can afford to have someone with one eye on other duties.

I don't view Robbo as "going back".

Since parting company with us and being relatively successful in his time away he'll have gained a lot more experience, learned a lot more about the job and grown his list of contacts.

This means he would be returning as an experienced manager as opposed to the rookie manager that left for Hearts. Having been pretty successful at ICT as a rookie, then I think we'd be stupid to pass up the chance of seeing what he can do now he's experienced.

Add to that the fact he's available, he's local, he's passionate about ICT and comes without any "baggage" (involvement in things which might detract from the job) and I don't think there's another manager out there that we could afford who ticks more boxes.

To dismiss him on the grounds that he's been here before is, IMO, cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I think Caley D has it just about right. I would like to see him given a contract til the end of the season, discussions regarding an extension dependent on survival.

16 games to go, how many points for safety, I wod guess between 20 and 25 so 8 wins required. 6 points in January would be nice, just look what happened at Spurs when the prodigal returned.