FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sergei Baltacha

BornCaley

My God! That man Thomson is older than I am and his memory is still perfect! Well... almost.... I have a feeling that Sergei's last game was a 1 all draw at home to Queens Park although I believe he beat County on his penultimate appearance.... in fact was it not 3-0 which finally ended County's promotion hopes?

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I think that time may have blurred just how grim the football was in our first season. In general Sergei response to losing the first goals was to remove a striker and put on another defender!

He had lost the players completely and this was shown during one of the home games late in the season (I think it may have been Cowdenbeath in March?) when the players effectively decided before the game what tactics they were going to use and pretty much ignored everything they were told by the management (I know this due to one of the players working at the time with my father in law).

I suspect the changed performance and this clear statement from the players pretty much sealed his fate in many ways.

I don't think anyone could harbour a grudge against such a pleasant man as SB, but in the end everyone was glad that he moved on.