FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ict -v- Hibs : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was all about the points today so I'm delighted we won.

However, that was a shockingly bad game pretty much devoid of any skill. Not sure if it was the pitch, the sun in there eyes or the wind but the players on both sides struggled to play football from start to finish!

I'm still trying to decide which was worse Bamba's volley or Imrie's free kick :rotflmao:

Still congrats to all on a much needed win :thumb04:

Edited by kencar

Shocking game, but we won, so who cares!!

Hibs are easily the worst team I've seen this year, they were fecking woeful. It's hard to believe Fletcher is valued so highly when he's absolute mince.

Highlight of the day was Imrie's free kick, easily the worst I've ever seen :rotflmao:

Great result, and what a brilliant feeling to actually leave match happy.

can't say i noticed them fighting, but they were chanting for mixu out at one point. imrie's free kick was horrible! didn't even go out for a throw! how awful was derek riordan today? he had a shocker! very happy we finally won a game and are closer to the likes of falkirk. :rotflmao:

Lionel is a god like creature. Proctor looks like he has been released from the grip of an evil spell, Roy MacBain - I salute you. Highlights? Dougie Imrie's free kick (WTF?) Lowlights? another semi-prolonged dither by Grantie.

Falkirk? Goodbye.

I'm still trying to decide which was worse Bamba's volley or Imrie's free kick :rotflmao:

Haha neither actually made the by-linel, both went to touch. Thanks goodness they didint matter. Very poor Hibs side, full of roughhouse, lacking any flair. We won by hard work, Imrie particularly put mislef about, but acheived very little, other than distraction. The ref very guilty of not protecting him, he spent more time on his arse than on his feet.

Loinel again a justified MOM, saw a lot of him going forward today too, very tricky with the ball at his feet. Kinda like a black Tokely. Proctor too did a lot of good work, and Esson very safe, though I am not sure whether he had to make a save in anger.

NOt a pretty game, but when the second goal went in, the team seemed to grow a foot higher. Lovely stuff. The best of it is that, forget all this bollox talk about the Butcher Bounce, when TerrynJune start actually taking stock of what they have this team will improve, beyond all recognition. I like the rest of this season already!

Lovely stuff. The best of it is that, forget all this bollox talk about the Butcher Bounce, when TerrynJune start actually taking stock of what they have this team will improve, beyond all recognition. I like the rest of this season already!

You made my heart race with that comment Gordy. Cheers mun!

a hibs fan on hibs.net said there was fighting between hibs fans in away end,anyone know anything?

About 2 or 3 of their fans got turfed from section G of their end after Proctor scored. Then the polis spent the rest of the half watching the whole section very carefully.

Poor game but delighted with the win! Imrie ran himself into the ground but other than that, what else did he contribute? I'd still rather see Rooney and Foran up front with Imrie at left midfield. Also come back Ian Brines, all is forgiven! If Muir referee's another game of ours ever again, it'll be too soon.

Managed to make the game today - good result in what wasn't the best of conditions but weren't Hibs absolutely dire. On that performance you can't believe they have managed to obtain so many points this season.

By far not the worst game I have ever seeen and to tell you the truth if they are all like that until the end of the season and we keep winning I will be happy....

The team looked up for it right from the start and the team celebration for the second goal showed what it meant to them collectively....excellent with Imrie riding the wave - should make a good photo... :rotflmao:

Imrie's free kick as mentioned earlier was spectacularly bad (almost comical). Can't remember many free-kicks on goal when the ball actually went closer to your own goal after the strike on goal. He made up for it though and within a minute was up the other end of park winning the ball in a tackle as Hibs broke forward. Worked his socks off today as did the others. Special mentions though I thought must go to Imrie and Lionel with varying levels of pass marks for everbody else.

Butcher and Malpas must be commended for their management of the team from the sidelines continually giving instructions when needed and Butcher consistently clapping and praising players when they have done something well. There is clearly a new team spirit among the playing and coaching staff at our club.

Lovely stuff. The best of it is that, forget all this bollox talk about the Butcher Bounce, when TerrynJune start actually taking stock of what they have this team will improve, beyond all recognition. I like the rest of this season already!

You made my heart race with that comment Gordy. Cheers mun!

That's the cheap fast, Ronnie.:rotflmao:

It is great to feel optimistic again.

Great win, and that's three undefeated in the league (all against well-ranked teams) since Terry took over. Well done to everyone, and with Falkirk losing, the momentum is all ours. It looks like it has to be one of the two of us for the drop now, almost certainly, and the way we're playing, I'm believing a lot more than I was a month ago that we can stay up. I read a good article a ways back about Butcher's ability to save teams from relegation, and then his poor second seasons with those teams, but that doesn't concern me too much right now. The goals have to be, 1) survival, 2) a cup semifinal. After that, to me, its all gravy.

Was the booking not for blocking the hibs free-kick....didn't look like much he could have done about it as they took it quickly and it was pinged right into him....poor decision in my opinion.

I am though looking forward to seeing the shoulder charge/push in the first half on proctor - how none of the officials saw it I don't know and how long did they play on for after Pavel got his head knock.... :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

How did Kerr play today?

He wasn't mentioned much on the radio.

Looking forward to the highlights :rotflmao:

i would say he had an oryt game not great but thats his first full 90 mins under his belt so hopefully he'll keep it up and make it harder to get in the squad (black, duncan & vigurs)