FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

No More Mr Nice Guy

I see that by recent comments that Tel is beginning to understand that the advice he has been getting from the muppets is flawed and biased - At feckin last he appears to be starting to make his own decisions and changing things. I would hope that he will chop out some of the dead wood in the next few games and play his own players and his own system.

Hamilton has to be three points and the only way to do it is by playing an attacking system - no Imrie up front - Foran forward with Morais - no Zadi - add Vigurs and play it feckin wide.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think -although I like him- that Djebi-Zadi should be dropped in favour of Hastings/McBain, he just seems erratic at times and every time he gets the ball i get a lump in my throat incase he does something crazy - which he seems rather prone to doing.

Also Vigurs definately needs back in the team for Kerr, play Imrie wide left and give Rooney a start.

Lional ?? Think you should check the Aberdeen highlights on the web.

The one that he cleared behind for a corner would have ended up in the back of the net if Hastings was in that position. I don't want to start slagging off players but Hastings would have been out muscled.

It's just your adams apple Martin. Don't worry about Jimmy Jabby, he is coming along nicely. Looking at the highlights online, he made a couple of last ditch challenges. Would Hastings have done the same, I doubt it.

Nothing wrong with Brian Kerr, he has settled in well in the midfield since signing for us. Vigurs would make absolutely no difference in the middle either. He is far more effective on the left wing. Foran should move up front and Vigurs should move to the left.

I also agree with mann4thejob. Lionel made some vital blocks on Saturday which kept us in the game that neither Hastings or certainly McBain would have got.

Lionel??

If you were at the match on Saturday you either had a bad seat or were in the pie 'Q' or the 'PQ' and missed the guys involvement in the game.

Our right side was a problem and that was not Rossco's fault, it was the fault of that bloody Sone Aluko! He is a superb player, thank God the rest of the Dons team are not as good as he is!

Our problem(s) - Grant has lost his nerve, the poor soul can't do right for doing wrong, he chooses the wrong options and life is like that at times. Give him a rest for a game or two and he will roar back to take us out of the doda for the last few games.

We need a BIG player in the midfield as a target man, who can then distribute the ball and Rossco fits the bill. Lots of strength, stamina and composure. He will do till we sign a 'target' man in the close season. Duff and Proctor to slot in behind him.

Dougie does run but that is not what we need, we are a team and team members when they are second guessed incorrectly, do not stand with their hands on hips, glaring at the player that expected him to make a move.(As Dougie did)

Talking of moving (and Dougie) and back to Lional, the number of times he went up the field and not one player ran off their man on to the wing to help him. Dougie you know that was you rooted to the spot again. Why run when not required and stay put when running off your man offers options?

Sum up - Team play required - midfield needs some more steel - Grantie needs a rest - front line, no idea! (that is both me and them.)

Could have snatched a point on Saturday but we were second best.

Feckin great clip :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04: But unfortunately most fans and now the media support the focus of my concerns. I am only raisng concerns becos I seriously worry that he will cave in and make a mistake when we are at the point of really struggling fer survival. I have always applauded his qualities but the weaknesses outweigh the strengths - especially when yer backs are against the wall.

Feckin great clip :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04: But unfortunately most fans and now the media support the focus of my concerns. I am only raisng concerns becos I seriously worry that he will cave in and make a mistake[/b] when we are at the point of really struggling fer survival. I have always applauded his qualities but the weaknesses outweigh the strengths - especially when yer backs are against the wall.

If this is another fishing trip, I've taken the bait again.

Why pick on Lional when Grant MADE the mistake for the header that caused the goal, Esson was also maybe incorrectly positioned to save the goal and all you can do is slate the best defender we had on the field, for future mistakes, with the use of your crystal ball.

Our central two were both shakie on Saturday and Rossco had a handful with Aluko.

Lional kept our left side well covered.

Would Hastings have done better than Lional last Saturday?

Consult your ball and let us know!

Lional ?? Think you should check the Aberdeen highlights on the web.

The one that he cleared behind for a corner would have ended up in the back of the net if Hastings was in that position. I don't want to start slagging off players but Hastings would have been out muscled.

aye. i was at the game lionel was one of a few players that had a good game. imrie was pish, hes defo not a striker. morias on the right, imrie on the left, and blackie and kerr CMs

Feckin great clip :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: But unfortunately most fans and now the media support the focus of my concerns. I am only raisng concerns becos I seriously worry that he will cave in and make a mistake[/b] when we are at the point of really struggling fer survival. I have always applauded his qualities but the weaknesses outweigh the strengths - especially when yer backs are against the wall.

If this is another fishing trip, I've taken the bait again.

Why pick on Lional when Grant MADE the mistake for the header that caused the goal, Esson was also maybe incorrectly positioned to save the goal and all you can do is slate the best defender we had on the field, for future mistakes, with the use of your crystal ball.

Our central two were both shakie on Saturday and Rossco had a handful with Aluko.

Lional kept our left side well covered.

Would Hastings have done better than Lional last Saturday?

Consult your ball and let us know!

Munro is suffering becos of Lionel - Munro is clearly carrying him and his own game is suffering - anyone with a footballing brain can see that fer fecks sake. I am not picking on Lionel fer individual performances in specific games - He is too unpredictable and he is therefore a liability. Hastings is a vastly better defender and is more experienced if it comes to the crunch.

plus every time I concentrate on Lionel in ma crystal ball the feckin thing starts wobbling and laffing.

Johndo, thats just rubbish, he is suffering because he is not up to it at the moment.

It isnt rubbish - most fans can see it - Babysitting Lionel must be a feckin nightmare - just watch how he positions himself to try and cover potential mistakes and his own game suffers as a result - I watch the Midden game 3 times on Alba and Grant is suffering becos of Lionel - no doubt whatsoever - and I am reliably informed that Granty is getting fed up with it all.

To be honest, I actually think it's been a bit the other way more than a few times recently where Lionel has been the one saving the bacon of others in defence. Highlights from weekend show a prime example of it, it happened against St Mirren and it was his attempt to cover a missed ball in through the middle that resulted in it bouncing off his leg and setting up the goal.

Maybe Lionel should teach him how to run faster, stop fresh airing, and how to jump upwards and head the ball. It's Grant that needs the coaching. He should concentrate on his own game and let Lionel perform the tricks.

I watched the game four times now, and that is what everybody else thinks, including Grant.

Are you saying it's because of Lionel that Munro decides to constantly hoof the ball to the opposition instead of looking to pass to anybody. And it's because of Djebi Zadi that Munro has a head like a 50 pence piece. You say Djebi Zadi is the bombscare but i think you should look at the captain in recent weeks and see who has been worse.

As for Tokely he was rubbish on Sat I don't care if it was because he was up against Aluko or not he just was not playing well at all. Craig Brewster would have beat him for pace on Sat! Am I the only one that thought he was sluggish on Sat? For me he has been too inconsistent this season yet he still keeps his place in the squad no matter what.

Lional WAS, at first, unpreditable but IMO he is getting ever more consistant. however, too many minds are made up (horns and halo effect). He did keep us in it on Sat (I was there) with perhaps his safest and most dependable performance so far.

IHE, this talk of Granty covering Lional is interesting and I can se why you think that but even if that is the case he should stop it because it is doing more harm than good and as a professional he should be able to see that. Even if this is the case it does not explain Granty's complete inability to jump for a ball either heightwise or at the right time. Nor his constant giving away of possession.

Virtually every goal against us in the last 6 weeks has been through Grant's channel. Look at the highlights. Last year when Roosco was caught out of position the weakness was more obvious than it is in a packed box where a couple of yards is making a difference but pause the highlights and you can see it time and time again.

My main point here is not the competency of Lional but the lenghty poor spell of the Captain, that is where we may fail to stay up.

Dont agree with that at all, Lionel is doing ok, he had a few good clearances and tackles on saturday and physically he is much more of a presence than Dikky boy, Grant is the weak link these days.