FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Headed Goals

Del 21

Yet again today we concede a headed goal even though we have one of the tallest defences in the spl.

I think mihadjuks has to start next week for his no noncense attitude and stick tokely back to RB because

we are really missing his runs up the wing.

Isn't Mahadjuks injured though? :mellow:

nuh...he just got dropped by TB. TB wanted to change the team abit

I see, I'm very surprised at that interesting choice by big Terry. Although to be fair his decisions so far have been good. I trust him........

I see, I'm very surprised at that interesting choice by big Terry. Although to be fair his decisions so far have been good. I trust him........

i've got to be honest i dont think its butcher i think we've been pretty lucky with the points we've picked up. I haven't seen what everyone else see's in butcher. as far as i'm concerned he has made some serious errors with player selection. i'm glad to say i haven't jumped onto the butcher ban wagan that most people have hopped onto. people are kidding themselves if they think it's the boards fault we go down, it's not, it's down to the management and players on the park. frankly most of them think they are better than what they are. i.e dougie f**king imrie. there's no excuses we just haven't been good enough.

Edited by CaleyP

i've got to be honest i dont think its butcher i think we've been pretty lucky with the points we've picked up. I haven't seen what everyone else see's in butcher. as far as i'm concerned he has made some serious errors with player selection. i'm glad to say i haven't jumped onto the butcher ban wagan that most people have hopped onto. people are kidding themselves if they think it's the boards fault we go down, it's not, it's down to the management and players on the park. frankly most of them think they are better than what they are. i.e dougie f**king imrie. there's no excuses we just haven't been good enough.

I doubt getting results against Rangers, Celtic and Dundee United soon after Butcher arrived was lucky considering we struggled to pick up a single point in all the previous weeks.

I doubt getting results against Rangers, Celtic and Dundee United soon after Butcher arrived was lucky considering we struggled to pick up a single point in all the previous weeks.

new manager syndrome...simple. well what does that matter when we are playing possibly our last SPL match next week...you don't really have a strong argument, coz if he was that great we wouldn't be in this position.

theres no excuse for butcher now that we lost today - we have to get pavels back in.

the invisible mcbain out, proctor right-midfield, tokely right-back, pavels centre!! how many time do i have to say it before Butcher listens!!!!

new manager syndrome...simple.

Actually, the so-called "Honeymoon Period" doesn't exist.

well what does that matter when we are playing possibly our last SPL match next week...you don't really have a strong argument, coz if he was that great we wouldn't be in this position.

What do you expect from a mediocre team (which has been boosted by some of Butcher's signing ie - Foran, Kerr etc)? Butcher's done the best with team he has.

Edited by Renegade

You can clearly see the difference between Butcher and Brewster.

Butcher is constantly coaching the players throughout the game whereas brew would just stand and occasionaly flap his arms about.

If my backline was - Tokely - Mihadjuks - Munro - Djebi-Zadi , I'd be sending them all up with Munro hanging back to get the best amount of chances from headers.

Lionel always stays back when the team go up for corners

The goal yesterday was nothing to do with having nine foot centre halfs. We were cought on the break after losing out near their penalty box, this resulted in Killie speeding up their left wing and when the cross came in there were two guys waiting at the far post to knock the ball in, not even sure if it was headed in or just bundled in. Fraser had gone to the near post and I don't think we had a defender near the Killie players, as Kyle stooped to knock the ball home. They also hit the post at the very end, we should have lost two nil, however I don't think a point would have been any good either as it would still leave us with the last day winner takes all scenario. It was all down to Saints stunning win over Falkirk that has thrown a spanner into the works.

Good thread there - Renegade - are you a feckin teacher or wot ? B)

1. We simply cannot judge Butcher as he has inherited a side with only Foran and Eric being his choices.

2. Initially I was concerned that he was getting advice from the muppets but that can longer be the case. I think he is a model media manager and he knows how to milk the crowd but I too feel that he is not as tactically aware as we all give him credit for.

3. Dropping Esson is crazy in my view - I really dont think that there is much between Esson and Mikey BUT IMHO Esson has the experience and he appears far more aware of the need to turn defence into attack quickly and he is more likely to give those in front of him a rite mouthful. If it was disciplinary - fair enuff.

4. Butcher appears to be of the opinion that if you play really well in one game in a position you stick with it. Rosscoe stood in at centre half and excelled and has stayed there since - a bit like Imrie up front. Tokely will play well wherever you start him but Rosscoe and Granty are too alike and are basically a pair of hoofers. We have lost a lot of our attacking game by moving Rosscoe from full back.

5. Although he played yesterday Butchers fascination and loyalty to Lionel is the most worrying of the lot.

6. Imrie is a left feckin winger / left sided midfielder - FULL STOP.

7. Morais is a wide right player and not a supporting forward.

8 Foran needs a forward with him - Eric's pace is the perfect foil.

Rossco cant jump...

Procotr is too fairy and not hard enough

Esson needs to be in goals

Rossco needs to be right back

Pavels HAS to be back in the central defence

Imrie left

Morais right and Eddiehambone up fr with foran

Rossco cant jump...

Procotr is too fairy and not hard enough

Esson needs to be in goals

Rossco needs to be right back

Pavels HAS to be back in the central defence