Pre-season Friendlies - Announced

caleyrule

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No games againist Ross County

Well were in the same league as them :lol:

Will there be a supporters bus going to these games?

I know that but i thought we had a cup game v them in memory of someone? (i cant remember the name at the moment)

Wow those fixtures look smashing. I reckon tickets'll be selling out in no time!

Its no different to the fare we got before we reached the SPL .... you have to cut the cloth to suit and I would far rather see the team get a run out against other Scottish sides than waste money that might be used for wages on a jaunt to Italy or Denmark !!!

If you look at the SPL, it seems that half of the sides are taking a week in Ireland ... only one or two are going further afield !

I think they are great wee games out... we get to see what the teams going to look like, all be it loosely, and it also give the localish diddy teams the chance to play a bigger team... I mean in that old highland leauge games when we'd have a testemonial with a Rangers or Aberdeen XI play us.... And maybe have a we bit of banter with there supporters with the history......

Wow those fixtures look smashing. I reckon tickets'll be selling out in no time!

judging by the responses (except yours) they certainly seem far more accessible, and likely to have more ICT fans at them, than any of our pre-season friendlies of the last 3 or 4 years in Italy and Denmark B)

In addition to keeping costs down as I mentioned in my previous post have you also stopped to consider that ICT always get slated (by some) for not reaching out to communities in the North or North East of Scotland yet here you are slating them for playing friendlies in the North and North East of Scotland where there is the potential that some HFL fans might take them as their "big team" !!!

There are plenty of things we can (and will) legitimately moan and groan about in the ICT world but it seems that some just have to moan and groan about everything whether it is worth it or not !

Buckie Thistle, Elgin, Forres and Elgin are my ones. B)

Is this your wish list or will you be going?

and what do you mean by that???

And yes, i will defo be going.

Buckie Thistle, Elgin, Forres and Elgin are my ones. :rolleyes:

Is this your wish list or will you be going?

and what do you mean by that???

And yes, i will defo be going.

Stand down big yin, I was only asking.... B)

Not the most inspiring list of pre-season games but it is one which I think will best serve our needs for the coming season.

We're going to have a largely new squad and it's important that they get as many games together as possible. By keeping things local the club can get more games in and allow that to happen.

We also have a couple of guys who perhaps fall into the "confidence" player category as well as some who would be well served by managing to get the ball in the back of the net a few times before the season kicks off, so going up against (what should be) lesser opposition will tick that box.

And lastly, it's going to be great to actually get along to a few more of the games. Finances and work have prevented that the last few seasons, so bring it on this year.

thats the leave pass submitted for the Elgin and forres games, trying to explain its not a place to take my 4 mth old just now was a bit tricky!!