FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wood and Vigurs (including assault charge)

WYNESS101

Oh right, Rooney lives next door to my mum and dad... If anyone knows him well, tell him to cut his funking Grass when he gets back from his hol?s its a disgrace, has been for weeks now!!

:angry:

I'm not 100% sure if they do or not but certainly any time I get the train back to Aberdeen after the game they have tended to be on it.

And no, I am not a stalker!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL RiG, you know yourself im sure there will be someone on here "close to him...." its doing my head in so much im going to pop round when hes back and tell him... i dont care who you are get your ginger ass in your garden and sort it!!

I'm still gobsmacked that our new manager let them go, (especially Vigurs), apparently with little attempt at keeping them. Hope he knows what he's doing. To me they seemed exactly the type of players who would have benefitted with a season or two in SFL. Now they'll get this experience with County. I sincerely hope we don't regret it.

We gave them away, didn't sell them.... a very bitter pill to swallow...

Thats the worst thing about it we let two young players go on a free and if we kept them on we could have got a few ??? out of them

Usually they balance the books by losing 4 or 5 players due to them leaving or County letting them go. That frees up some space and money to bring in a few.

We let Daal,Stachan,Gunn go. While McCulloch retired and Dowie (Dunfermline), Corrigan (Partick) Higgins and Hart (Dundee) were signed on pre-contracts. Also Soutar looks to be going and Stewart is transfer listed.

We have signed Di Giacomo, Miller, Vigurs and Wood so thats 8-10 out with 4 coming in. Just thought I would clear it up as a couple wondered where we got the money from.

Nothing stopping County from going for the likes of Proctor, McBain & Djebi-Zadi either

(please sign McBain, please sign McBain, please sign McBain, please sign McBain, please sign McBain, please sign McBain, please sign McBain, please sign McBain, please sign McBain, please sign McBain, please sign McBain)

I heard they are after Zander as well. Why didnt we offer them new contracts and just lowered theyre wages, and if they didnt like it they could go, but we made no attempt to keep them. Butcher hasnt been here long enough to see the protental in some of the young boys. Its a terrible dessision to release them.

This is a long shot BUT

Would it be possible that Butcher actually wanted to keep some of these players but up above told him he couldn't, as far as i know Butcher has never came out and said the reasons why he released them or anything like that, so there may be a chance that he was told by higher autohrity that he couldn't keep them

Thoughts?

caleymad I have removed a couple of your posts.

If you keep going on like this you find yourself unable to post on most of the forum and continual mis-use of the forums will see a permanent ban.

last warning before further action by mods.

This is a long shot BUT

Would it be possible that Butcher actually wanted to keep some of these players but up above told him he couldn't, as far as i know Butcher has never came out and said the reasons why he released them or anything like that, so there may be a chance that he was told by higher autohrity that he couldn't keep them

Thoughts?

I thought that Butcher never ever gave Vigurs a chance. Against Hearts at Tynecastle, just after Brewster was sacked, he played very well. Then when Butcher came in he brought in his own players (Kerr, Foran etc.) and played them, which is fair enough. But Vigurs wasn't even making the bench for most of the games.

Whoever took the decision has made a very poor on indeed. Not so much with Wood, but Vigurs. He could have been a great player for us in the First Division with Black having left. If Butcher and the Board were banking on players like Foran, Morais and Kerr to sign for us, then I think they got it very wrong.

I know it's pointless saying it now it's already happened, but I hate this development. Both players (Vigurs especially) showed enough potential at SPL level to deserve a chance at SFL level, and they had the benefit of a few years' experience as part of the club. Have we let them go simply to free up wages to try to keep players who are actively looking for contracts elsewhere? And if those players do move on, will their replacements be any better than Wood and Vigurs, and will they settle into the club? Wholesale changes at a club rarely benefit it, IMO - Aberdeen and Utd were messes for years when they kept changing squads and managers. I hope TB proves me wrong, but increasingly I feel that next season could be very scrappy for us.

Woods - Scored a brillant goal against Celtic and is also SPL stand, if not, English Premier League..

Dont be so feckin stupid. Wood couldnt cut it in the SPL against even mediocre at best so how the hell is he gonna manage against the likes of John Terry and Nemanja Vidic?

Still dont get why we let Vigurs go though he could have been the next black with expierence

Edited by ICTBTTH

the first division I think for wood is still not his level.

Iain vigurs though I think could be brilliant!

only time will tell.

I think Wood will do fine in the 1st division. Was he know on loan to a 1st division club already this season or was it last

only time will tell.

I think Wood will do fine in the 1st division. Was he know on loan to a 1st division club already this season or was it last

Montrose, Last Season (07/08)

only time will tell.

Montrose, Last Season (07/08)

Just on wikipedia about Wood. He played 24 games for them scoring 7 goals