FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dodgy broadband quality

Drochit Blue

I run an I.T Support business and have an increasing number of calls from customers who live in slightly remote parts of the region and are suffering from the terrible broadband service.

Typically they are 6 or more miles from the nearest exchange, and lose broadband connections during busy (business) hours, say 9am to 6pm.

I'm 'talking to/having a go at' BT about this, and wondered if anyone else who has similar problems would contact me so that I can have some serious numbers to throw at BT. I'm not doing this to make money in this instance.....just trying to get a critical mass so BT will listen.

Most of us don't get anywhere near the broadband speeds we expect and I don't want suppliers to get away with it. Due to the distance from most markets businesses around here need broadband more than ever.

All I need are locations where the problem exists. I can be contacted by private msg on here

Thanks

Gavin

I run an I.T Support business and have an increasing number of calls from customers who live in slightly remote parts of the region and are suffering from the terrible broadband service.

Typically they are 6 or more miles from the nearest exchange, and lose broadband connections during busy (business) hours, say 9am to 6pm.

I'm 'talking to/having a go at' BT about this, and wondered if anyone else who has similar problems would contact me so that I can have some serious numbers to throw at BT. I'm not doing this to make money in this instance.....just trying to get a critical mass so BT will listen.

Most of us don't get anywhere near the broadband speeds we expect and I don't want suppliers to get away with it. Due to the distance from most markets businesses around here need broadband more than ever.

All I need are locations where the problem exists. I can be contacted by private msg on here

Thanks

Gavin

I have had a very similar fault with my own Broadband, You'll know about the distance thing and degrading signals, But after many many fall outs with BT, New Micro Filters and a new hub (not a black one theyre pi5H) I had a think about the wiring in my house...., The wires in your house are your responsability too btw. I had the cable come in to my house and on to a box, It was Daxed upstares and also i had an extension cable running to it.

I removed the face plate on the socket to reveal the BT plug under it.. (Diegnostics thing) and set up my PC from that plug, micro filter and a new just tested short network cable.. and boom it went from 2.7 meg to 5.1 meg.. I remember somthing from Phisics talking about Half power and the likes, so I re-run phone cable to where I wanted them and terminated them with a box on the wall, getting rid of the old 20 odd year old copper, the extns and all the splitters, upstairs now I get 4.8 meg, still not 8 meg but now if im kicking off at BT they can pull that one on me.. Im now looking at the box coming in to the house and changing it too... so even with 8 miles from the exchange and only really getting 5.1Meg piped in to the house, the external cables could be causing a down graded signal from poor cables...