ICT 'Fans'

absent friend

I am amazed at the degree of support for the negative threads on here, resulting from a loss of one game.

I realise that the loss was to 'THE ENEMY' but we are all big boys and girls and should be able to accept that our team can be defeated at times or are we?

This reaction therefore makes me wonder if ICT supporters as well as being 'tut tutters' 'sweetie paper rustlers' are also, especially the younger ones, gutless supporters, who are unable to accept defeat.

You know the type that Mummy and Daddy always allowed to win at Ludo/Cards/etc so that they would not be upset and attack poor Teddy!

Now able to use the PC they use this heritage to expect their bigger game, supporting ICT, to be a win, win, result too.

Well this is not the way of the world, hard knocks happen and have to be taken on the chin, so please, please, stop bitching and behaving as if you were from over the bridge!!

Apologies for breathing life back into this topic but I had little or no internet access over the last week and just got back to TO. late last night.

I have followed ICT in person and afar from the very start and I have to say - as I did to many in the Innes last week - that this was one of the most gutless and passionless performances I have ever seen from my team in the last 15 years. The team that wanted it won it and that is a hard thing for any ICT fan to say about County.

Hard though it is, I can accept defeat in any match, even a County one, I can also bask in the glory of our wins and I can appreciate that wins and defeats come in many forms - lucky, deserved or undeserved. I have seen us royally pumped at Cappielow and the Shyberry and even at the TCS against County and I have seen us do the pumping .... this result goes down as a bad one not just because we lost, but because of the lack of passion we had for the fight. That is MY frustration ... if that makes me a bad fan, then fair enough.

At last an honest and reliable summary of the match but watch out Scotty that kind of talk is defeatest and depressing. I am sorry you had to travel so far to see what has happened to our team but perhaps you now realise why so many of us are getting frustrated with the happy clappers, maybe now you know why some ICT fans are reacting in a way which some describe as non-ICT.

The only other yardstick I had for this match was that of my father and son's views, my father who described the match as "sh!t" (apologies for the expletive it is a direct quote) and my son who ALWAYS stayed to the bitter end (takes it from me) of every match asked my father to take him home.

Most of those of you out there who berate "fans" for moaning, booing etc are the likely bunch who follow Scotty's every word like cows following the farmer to be milked re-read his post and respect his perspective, some of us do not make it to every match so we can see the little details which you so-called fans miss in you blind following. Give Butcher a chance to turn this team around just don't give him as much rope as Brewster got or we may well end up in division 2.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think too many people are berating fans for being upset at the (non) performance against C*unty....it's the fact that some seem to have taken that too far and are calling for heads to roll after only a single defeat that many are challenging.

please dont equate my comments to mean I am anti-Butcher. As I said, it was one of the most gutless and passionless games I have ever witnessed, but I have also witnessed this type of performance under EVERY other manager we have had.

I said it last season (and I said the same thing about Brewster) we have to give him a full season to see if he can do it, and we have to accept there will be setbacks or bad results along the way .... and whether you are a "moaning bugger" or a so-called "happy clapper" there will always be a need for somewhere that fans can vent their frustrations at those bad results. Butcher definitely has to take some of the blame for this result as he is supposed to prepare the side mentally and physically for the game but equally so do the players as they are the ones who have to perform and follow the manager's gameplan.

today - v PTFC - we seem to be doing really well and the commentators are waxing lyrical about several players we have derided over the last few games ..... so last week is hopefully a single game blip in the general scheme of things.

I am amazed at the degree of support for the negative threads on here, resulting from a loss of one game.

I realise that the loss was to 'THE ENEMY' but we are all big boys and girls and should be able to accept that our team can be defeated at times or are we?

This reaction therefore makes me wonder if ICT supporters as well as being 'tut tutters' 'sweetie paper rustlers' are also, especially the younger ones, gutless supporters, who are unable to accept defeat.

You know the type that Mummy and Daddy always allowed to win at Ludo/Cards/etc so that they would not be upset and attack poor Teddy!

Now able to use the PC they use this heritage to expect their bigger game, supporting ICT, to be a win, win, result too.

Well this is not the way of the world, hard knocks happen and have to be taken on the chin, so please, please, stop bitching and behaving as if you were from over the bridge!!

Apologies for breathing life back into this topic but I had little or no internet access over the last week and just got back to TO. late last night.

I have followed ICT in person and afar from the very start and I have to say - as I did to many in the Innes last week - that this was one of the most gutless and passionless performances I have ever seen from my team in the last 15 years. The team that wanted it won it and that is a hard thing for any ICT fan to say about County.

Hard though it is, I can accept defeat in any match, even a County one, I can also bask in the glory of our wins and I can appreciate that wins and defeats come in many forms - lucky, deserved or undeserved. I have seen us royally pumped at Cappielow and the Shyberry and even at the TCS against County and I have seen us do the pumping .... this result goes down as a bad one not just because we lost, but because of the lack of passion we had for the fight. That is MY frustration ... if that makes me a bad fan, then fair enough.

At last an honest and reliable summary of the match but watch out Scotty that kind of talk is defeatest and depressing. I am sorry you had to travel so far to see what has happened to our team but perhaps you now realise why so many of us are getting frustrated with the happy clappers, maybe now you know why some ICT fans are reacting in a way which some describe as non-ICT.

The only other yardstick I had for this match was that of my father and son's views, my father who described the match as "sh!t" (apologies for the expletive it is a direct quote) and my son who ALWAYS stayed to the bitter end (takes it from me) of every match asked my father to take him home.

Most of those of you out there who berate "fans" for moaning, booing etc are the likely bunch who follow Scotty's every word like cows following the farmer to be milked re-read his post and respect his perspective, some of us do not make it to every match so we can see the little details which you so-called fans miss in you blind following. Give Butcher a chance to turn this team around just don't give him as much rope as Brewster got or we may well end up in division 2.

:021: ;) ;) well put, and good to see Scottys eyes are not painted on.... lets give TB as said some rope but not enough to hang the club.....

I don't think too many people are berating fans for being upset at the (non) performance against C*unty....it's the fact that some seem to have taken that too far and are calling for heads to roll after only a single defeat that many are challenging.

I understand this and in a way agree with you but I remember spending half of last season and the whole of the season before saying the same things about Brewster but very few listened until it was too late. I am ready to follow and support Butcher but I am also ready to listen to other perspectives because I know that my view is not the whole picture and others see things I don't, it frustrates me how peoples views are shot down so readily because of blind following.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

please dont equate my comments to mean I am anti-Butcher. As I said, it was one of the most gutless and passionless games I have ever witnessed, but I have also witnessed this type of performance under EVERY other manager we have had.

I said it last season (and I said the same thing about Brewster) we have to give him a full season to see if he can do it, and we have to accept there will be setbacks or bad results along the way .... and a need for fans to vent their frustrations at those bad results. Butcher definitely has to take some of the blame for this result as he is supposed to prepare the side mentally and physically for the game but so do the players who are the ones who have to perform and follow the manager's gameplan.

Sorry if I came across like that Scotty but I would like some people to realise that they should be listening to others' perspectives and then making their own decisions based on all the info, not just berating those who do not agree.

Those players who you speak of are under the charge of Butcher and it is up to him to bring them into line.

Some people can't see the wood for the trees, a trait which I am more than guilty of but I am learning.

EDIT-

today - v PTFC - we seem to be doing really well and the commentators are waxing lyrical about several players we have derided over the last few games ..... so last week is hopefully a single game blip in the general scheme of things.

I think Butcher might have found the leadership which was so badly missing in Golly. Last week was far from a single blip, why else would there be so many posts about fans moaning after every match? I am far from happy with the recent performances I have witnessed first hand, I have not been as loud about it on here as I previously would so that I am not seen as stirring. Butcher needs time, yes, and let's hope Golly's signing is a start to the improvement.

I am ready for this first division championship fight no matter what it takes.

Edited by birdog

Well Dalneigh Caley, I feel that we all, including Scotty, are entitled to react to a defeat in whatever way we wish!

If you care to read my posts you will find that I have stated that it is the breadth of views on here that makes this forum 'so rich'!

As Birddog also stated 'because I know that my view is not the whole picture and others see things I don't, it frustrates me how peoples views are shot down so readily because of blind following'. Now believe it or not, I agree totally!!

I will however also offer an opposite view, from Scotty, to something that happened at the County game.

I wonder how many mature Captains of a football team feel the need to 'swear' at their own 'fans' at the end of a game??

Is this reaction a reflection of the Captain or the loyal supportive 'fans' - oh wait! I already know the answer, it cannot be the loyal supportive fans that are fault!

Jings, nice one absent friend. Lots of lines of sense let down by the needless (and not very good) sarcasm right at the end. One thing I will say is that after all these years of watching fitba, it's about opinions. Thousands of the things, and none of them exactly the same as the others! I agree with Scotty on this one, and I'll be honest, I agree with grantie (although I don't rate him as capitan for other reasons) If as much energy was invested in supporting the team as carping, better sh*t would happen

Glad our next two games are away. Real good chance of picking up two wins ,its our home form thats letting us down.

Morton away - should get the 3 points

Airdrie away - should get the 3 points

but then again you just have to wait and see what happens on the day

Morton away - should get the 3 points

Airdrie away - should get the 3 points

but then again you just have to wait and see what happens on the day

Just wish that theory would/will run true.

I doubt much will separate us from Airdrie and Morton, but here's hoping :lol:

I will however also offer an opposite view, from Scotty, to something that happened at the County game. I wonder how many mature Captains of a football team feel the need to 'swear' at their own 'fans' at the end of a game?? Is this reaction a reflection of the Captain or the loyal supportive 'fans' - oh wait! I already know the answer, it cannot be the loyal supportive fans that are fault!

I didnt hear him getting abuse - not from the top end of the tunnel at least - but I concede that it was entirely possible from lower down or from other sections of the ground as he ran off the pitch. I personally was not booing nor making any negative comments towards the players, I would not do that ... I just didnt applaud the team off the park. I would have applauded (whether we won or lost) if I thought they had merited it. I dont think swearing at the fans was correct, nor was it "captainly" but I am not going to get my boxers in a knot over it, nor go on a witch hunt over a single incident, as it does at least show that he was hurting over the defeat.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I actually thought he personally had done reasonably well in his own performance, but others around him had let us down. However, it is the captain's responsibility to pull us up, provide leadership and gee the players up to get a result. Bobby Mann could do that, Darren Dods could do that and if you want to go to another degree, I think it was Billy McNeill that once attributed Roy Aitken with almost single handedly winning Celtic a title by doing that - I think it was their centenary season when Celtic were renowned for scoring late winners and an interview I saw at the time with a couple of players said they were scared not to win as all they could hear in the dying minutes was Aitken roaring and growling at them from defence ... a little bit of that steel in our captain would not go amiss .... heck, our manager was also an inspirational captain in his day and could surely impart some words of wisdom.

Jings, nice one absent friend. Lots of lines of sense let down by the needless (and not very good) sarcasm right at the end. One thing I will say is that after all these years of watching fitba, it's about opinions. Thousands of the things, and none of them exactly the same as the others! I agree with Scotty on this one, and I'll be honest, I agree with grantie (although I don't rate him as capitan for other reasons) If as much energy was invested in supporting the team as carping, better sh*t would happen

indeed.

Can someone fill me in here. Which captain swore at which fans at the end of the game?

I believe theres a queue...............

Did anyone see Barrowman's reaction to scoring his penalty yesterday? He doesn't like us very much. I wonder if this feeling is spreading round the team? Some of the abuse that was being dished out at the county game was pretty bad. This probably got to Munro.

Also, the morons that were giving Blackie dogs abuse at Hamilton, you were all pretty quiet when he was actually sitting amongst us yesterday. It's good to see that he doesn't hold it against us.........

Can someone fill me in here. Which captain swore at which fans at the end of the game?

I believe theres a queue...............

Did anyone see Barrowman's reaction to scoring his penalty yesterday? He doesn't like us very much. I wonder if this feeling is spreading round the team? Some of the abuse that was being dished out at the county game was pretty bad. This probably got to Munro.

Also, the morons that were giving Blackie dogs abuse at Hamilton, you were all pretty quiet when he was actually sitting amongst us yesterday. It's good to see that he doesn't hold it against us.........

Agreed. Thought Barrowmans reaction a big agressive towards the fans. But most of the players, including Grant, aplauded the fans after the pens so maybe it was just relief on his part.

I check this forum a fair bit (currently living down south, like to know how the teams doing), dont post as much as i perhaps should, but the feeling i get from threads such as this is that certain people seem to post in order to improve their virtual reputation...

Theres a mildly interesting shopping forum called hotuk deals, people post good deals found online/in shops, everyone else rejoices, hoorah! But on the site there is at times a ridiculous battle to post deals first, mainly the obvious ones that everyone knows are coming but need to wait for the links to appear, people argue a lot about who got there first yadayada. Im finding this site reads a lot like it now...

The amount of people that use phrases such as 'mark my words' or similar in order to imply they are the first to think something is pretty funny. I basically get the impression that people express views on here such as 'sack butcher or we'll go down' or unvail the next ludicrous transfer rumour (not so common to be fair) just so that in the odd chance that we do (which we wont) they can quote themselves (im sure they bookmark their original predictions) and bask in some sort of bizzare glorly they believe they are receiving across the old interweb.

To sumarise: forum threads here get proposterous as people believe suggesting something (anything) first could down the line gain them some credibility.

I check this forum a fair bit (currently living down south, like to know how the teams doing), dont post as much as i perhaps should, but the feeling i get from threads such as this is that certain people seem to post in order to improve their virtual reputation...

Theres a mildly interesting shopping forum called hotuk deals, people post good deals found online/in shops, everyone else rejoices, hoorah! But on the site there is at times a ridiculous battle to post deals first, mainly the obvious ones that everyone knows are coming but need to wait for the links to appear, people argue a lot about who got there first yadayada. Im finding this site reads a lot like it now...

The amount of people that use phrases such as 'mark my words' or similar in order to imply they are the first to think something is pretty funny. I basically get the impression that people express views on here such as 'sack butcher or we'll go down' or unvail the next ludicrous transfer rumour (not so common to be fair) just so that in the odd chance that we do (which we wont) they can quote themselves (im sure they bookmark their original predictions) and bask in some sort of bizzare glorly they believe they are receiving across the old interweb.

To sumarise: forum threads here get proposterous as people believe suggesting something (anything) first could down the line gain them some credibility.

A psychologist would get some milage from your first sentence, very interesting.

Would you care to be more specific about your impressions of individuals views so that they can retort?

Where has it been said "sack Butcher or we'll go down"? I haven't seen that.

post-2081-1252407846.jpg

Perhaps you should read your own posts on THIS THREAD cos thats what it looks like to me.

Perhaps your misconceptions are clouding your judgement Alex.

At no point did I suggest or imply that Butcher will get us relegated, but if that's what you read in my posts on that thread you should maybe have a look at where you are viewing them from.

I believe ICT will have a better future with a full-time manager who's loyalty and love for the club hasn't been bought. I have watched helplessly as our team has been slowly dismantled and it cracks me up.