FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Irish or Northern Irish ICT fans or supportersclub?

Guest Gerrit

Guest Gerrit

Hi,

My first post here  :003: I am a Belgian native who has been following ICT since 1996 it was... Loyally checking the results every week, reading as much as I could about the team. Amazing they've promoted to the Premiership, when I first started following them they played teams like East Fife and Stenhousemuir and now it's Celtic and Rangers coming up to Inverness...

Anyway, I emigrated to Northern Ireland a while ago and would like to attend an ICT game now and then. Clubs such as Stranraer, Accrington Stanley, Tranmere, etc all have supportersclubs in Ireland, so it'd surprise me if Inverness wouldn't have.

Does anyone know where I can find Ireland or Northern Ireland based ICT fans to travel to games with?

THX in advance to all giving information.

May I be the first to welcome you Gerrit!

There's one or two posters here based in the Emerald Isle. Just be patient - I'm sure they'll crawl out of the woodwork and stumble upon your message eventually.

I'm always fascinated to see people from other countries declaring support for ICT and would be interested to know why you chose this team over any others.

Welcome aboard!

:003:

Welcome from me too.  Nice to have you on board.

I believe Maimie has some contact numbers for ICT fans based in Ireland.  If she doesn't see this thread try sending her a PM.

Hi,

My first post here  :003: I am a Belgian native who has been following ICT since 1996 it was... Loyally checking the results every week, reading as much as I could about the team. Amazing they've promoted to the Premiership, when I first started following them they played teams like East Fife and Stenhousemuir and now it's Celtic and Rangers coming up to Inverness...

Anyway, I emigrated to Northern Ireland a while ago and would like to attend an ICT game now and then. Clubs such as Stranraer, Accrington Stanley, Tranmere, etc all have supportersclubs in Ireland, so it'd surprise me if Inverness wouldn't have.

Does anyone know where I can find Ireland or Northern Ireland based ICT fans to travel to games with?

THX in advance to all giving information.

Welcome!!

As L_G says we have one or two round and about but if you PM me your details and you don't mind me passing them on I can do that for you.  One, I know, is just off on holiday today to Florida but he may be planning coming over for a game....

Maimie

[EDIT: Edited to take response out from the middle of quotes .... (you left in a quote command that obscured your message - sorted - :004:)]

Guest Gerrit

Maimie, I will PM you straight after this reply  :003: The address of that fanclub in Dungannon would be welcome as well. Anything or anyone to carpool/fly to Inverness with basically, I look forward really to attend a game.

As for the question why I picked Inverness: when I started following foreign football (I was about 13 or 14 years old back then) I just checked all results weekly. Inverness caught my eye because they were the only team in the League from the Northern Scottish area and from the Highlands. Because of my interest in geography and my preference for somewhat remote areas, I had an interest in the city of Inverness before. So when I saw they had a team, it was a logical next step to start sympathising with the team from the city. I also have a weird fascination for the Shetlands and Hebrides, I love remote islands. They don't have a team in the league, but Inverness is a really interesting city and from the most interesting region of Scotland, and thus because of my interest in Inverness City I started following the results of Inverness CT. I am a groundhopper as well, but I prefer unique environments and authentic stadiums rather than those big modern temples ; when I saw the beautiful surroundings of ICT's ground my crush on ICT got even bigger than before.

That's the story of how ICT became my favourite UK club. I do have a favourite side in England as well, but if they'd play ICT I would no doubt support ICT.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gerrit

any update on this, lads? I haven't heard from any of the Ireland-based fans... If they could contact me it'd be great, or if someone has that address of that Dungannon-based ICT fanclub?

I hope to get this thing going, I really want to attend a few games  :003:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh IHE,  "Upya"---you are awful, but I like you  :015: :015:

You would not , by any chance , be referring to the one and only Canon from Dungannon would you? Still a fan, eh, even if he has tempoprarily (?)dropped out of site--- oops,orry, sight?

Perhaps the beaks have banned him again ---shame, shame, --all characters must be welcomed  otherwise we will die of ennui.

Anyway hope you get your dying wish, Gerrit, to see ICT in action at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium.

Lad, you are a true fan of immense proportions and I envy you since Ireland is only a  hop , skip and a jump from Inverness compared to Vancouver, Canada which takes at least 13 hours flying time  to Glasgow by ZOOM airlines these days.

Sigh----one day..... :016: