FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foran and Rooney ?

Still doubt whether they can hit it off as a pairing up front - Have to admit that I have always felt that Foran would be the preferred lone striker BUT Ayr has got me thinking.

Foran did look good playing to the left in the SPL and he was awesome there yesterday. He has the ability to track back and defend but he has the experience and know how to run into spaces and behind defenders. Ayr were more wary of Imrie, Sanchez and Rooney yesterday and did they pay the price.

Rooney is more clumsy but he does hold the line well enuff and he gets stuck in, giving the defenders little time and making space fer the likes of Imrie, Sanchez and Foran.

I agree.

Rooney is quite a robust player and if he keeps on the defenders shoulders then he won't afford them much time. His downfall is his lack of acceleration, but he makes up for it with effort.

Rooney scored a great goal yesterday but after that I thought he was back to his usual self. He is definetly lacking pace. If he was able to get himself a bit stronger I reckon he would play very well as a target man and holding up the ball. He showed signs yesterday of being able to do that well but most of the time I thought that the defenders were stronger than him

As for Foran I think we have to play him on the wing. When was the last time you heard of somebody score a hat trick from out wide. I think it was more the Ayr defenders could not cope with him. He was brilliant

Rooney is not a regular goal scorer. He's only 21 but has no pace and is not that fit - only going to get worse as he gets older. He shouldn't be used as an impact player from the bench because he has no impact on a game. He is not big enough or strong enough to start as a targetman.

I would only like to see him starting if like yesterday we were playing a really attacking formation from the start.

Edited by roscoe23

Rooney is not a regular goal scorer. He's only 21 but has no pace and is not that fit - only going to get worse as he gets older. He shouldn't be used as an impact player from the bench because he has no impact on a game. He is not big enough or strong enough to start as a targetman.

I would only like to see him starting if like yesterday we were playing a really attacking formation from the start.

Yeah, 21...it is all downhill from there.

Worra load of kak!

Rooney is as fit as he'll ever be, what you see is what you get me man.

I've never see him look knackered and although he's not the most talented player to pull on an ICT top he will try his best and score the odd goal.

...Odhiambho (spelling?) can't. Got to give him more of a chance.

It's kinda difficult to score with a broken foot. :D

But Odhiambo used his head for the only one he's scored B)

I think he used his feet to get there though :lol:

It's kinda difficult to score with a broken foot. :D

But Odhiambo used his head for the only one he's scored B)

I think he used his feet to get there though :lol:

As far as I recall, he's only scored one goal in his entire career, so I doubt he'll suddenly become the next Ian Rush anytime soon after his injury (which I was aware of BTW).

Oh, and also, how many starts Sanchez, how many Rooney. I think Sanchez might be more of a provider than a goalscorer.

Rooney, for me, is the most natural finisher that we have.

I've been saying for a year now that this guy needs and deserves a decent run in the team.

He was our top scorer last season yet I don't think he ever started more than 3 games in a row !

If Butcher would give him a sustained run like he's done with guys like Cox, Eagle, DZ & Stratford, I think he'd really establish himself.

Would rather Rooney over Sanchez, just doesn't seem to be any effort from Sanchez and he doesn't seem to commit to any challenges.

They are different players - put it like this Rooney reminded me of a Hislop yesterday - hope he turns in to a Bayne. Sanchez has reminded me of a poor mans Juanjo but there was a wee touch of Bingham about him yesterday. Give him some space and sit back and enjoy.

and is Sanchez not still our top goalscorer?

He's only scored against small teams in the cup(except partick)

Where as Rooney has scored against Ayr and a penalty against Queen of the South

Sanchez ahead of Rooney everytime

To be fair, they've both scored 2 league goals.

Rooney has only started 2 games compared to Sanchez's 8.

Personally I think their is room for both in the team

and is Sanchez not still our top goalscorer?

He's only scored against small teams in the cup(except partick)

Where as Rooney has scored against Ayr and a penalty against Queen of the South

Sanchez ahead of Rooney everytime

To be fair, they've both scored 2 league goals.

Rooney has only started 2 games compared to Sanchez's 8.

Personally I think their is room for both in the team

I think Sanchez offers more than just goals as well. I think he set up 3 of the goals yesterday he changed the game against Raith and got us those 3 points. He is that bit of class that can wins you games. He has the vision to build attacks and chose the right ball

He isnt good when he does not have time in the ball which is a bit of a problem in this division (especially at home) where you dont get a lot of time at the ball. He probabl suits the away games more as he will get more space to do his stuff

Rooney doesnt offer any of that. For the most part he can finsih (he did do well yesterday), he doesnt have a lot of pace, he could possible be a target man and hold the ball up but he needs to get stronger.

For me Sanchez can offer much more to the team than Rooney

Your right their probably is room for both of them in the team just now. I think Rooney and Odiambo will be fighting for a place when Eric is fit

I dont see where Hayes can get back into the team either if Foran and Imrie keep playing so well

Edited by jaggie1994

It's kinda difficult to score with a broken foot. :(

But Odhiambo used his head for the only one he's scored ;)

I think he used his feet to get there though B)

As far as I recall, he's only scored one goal in his entire career, so I doubt he'll suddenly become the next Ian Rush anytime soon after his injury (which I was aware of BTW).

Oh, and also, how many starts Sanchez, how many Rooney. I think Sanchez might be more of a provider than a goalscorer.

Odhiambo needs to get a run in the team (just like Rooney) to start scoring.