FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic vs Hearts

DornochJAGGIE

Deserved red card for McManus. Not the last man but just a completely cynical foul about one second after the ball was away. Basically he took a kick at Driver when the ball was twenty yards away.

Well done to Hearts for holding out.

Deserved red card for McManus. Not the last man but just a completely cynical foul about one second after the ball was away. Basically he took a kick at Driver when the ball was twenty yards away.

Yet the ref awarded firstly a yellow card which was poor show, the linesman called him over and told him it justified a red, which was shown to Mcm-anus, now what did the ass ref see that the ref didnt?

answer : the ref bottled it, and was told to send him off by the unbribed assistant.

Yet the ref awarded firstly a yellow card which was poor show, the linesman called him over and told him it justified a red, which was shown to Mcm-anus, now what did the ass ref see that the ref didnt?

answer : the ref bottled it, and was told to send him off by the unbribed assistant.

I would love to see the ref's report on this one.

No other defender would have been given a yellow for that late tackle (assult) unless wearing OF colours.

I would hate to think it is anything other than 'bottling it' by the ref but even 'bottling it' because they are OF players is cheating on the other teams.

No other defender would have been given a yellow for that late tackle (assult) unless wearing OF colours.

I would hate to think it is anything other than 'bottling it' by the ref but even 'bottling it' because they are OF players is cheating on the other teams.

Don't think there was anything sinister about this....

The assist. ref clearly had a much better view than the ref...

I was pleased he changed his mind after consulting his assistant.

Well done Hearts. Are the highlights online anywhere? I need to see this tackle. I am about to play some total glebe in my Sunday league game this weekend and if what I hear about this tackle is correct I fancy studying MacManus's technique.

Oh, get it right up you Celtic! :)

No other defender would have been given a yellow for that late tackle (assault) unless wearing OF colours.

Don't think there was anything sinister about this....

The assist. ref clearly had a much better view than the ref...

I was pleased he changed his mind after consulting his assistant.

With the tackle being out on the wing, miles from any other players and the defender running in at right angles to 'hack' the player down and the ball being at least 10 yards in front of the 'victim' - the ref must have been indeed unsighted!! So unsighted he should not have issued a card of any kind without consultation because if he saw the incident he must have been aware that it was a red and if he did not he should have consulted, simple!

He must also have been the only one at Parkhead that was unsighted. The premeditation was there for all to see long before the tackle came in. I would think that any professional player, after a tackle like that, would be halfway to the dugout prior to the ref holding up a card.

A guy with green tinted glasses and socks!

Rig, I don't know to be honest and I must say I thought he had a super game with the exception of the booking.

He let the game flow and it had at times a cuptie feel with 'spirited' tackles in and around the 18 yard boxes which he accepted as being in keeping with the event.

It was Craig Thomson.

EDIT - absent friend is right- he handled the game very well. Had the confidence to make decisions without being panicked into anything by the 'large' home support.

Oh aye, GIRUY Celtic, I hope a similar fate awaits the other lot in the semis.

Edited by The Mantis