FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Breaking News....

Reliably_Informed

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as im glad hes gone, too many are resting too much belame on him. He isnt even a Board member so a few of the things he has been blamed for is a bit much. Used as a scapegoat in some cases imo.

You could be right.

Bottom line is that he would not have lasted 5 years if he were truly crap at doing the duties that formed his job. He was a numbers man not a people man and until recently, the numbers looked pretty good.

I have my own personal opinion regarding the negatives of his 5 year tenure, but I am going to keep those to myself.

Hold on here; he might have been a numbers man but he was GENERAL manager. This is an all encompassing role (as in general) So he has to take some measure of responsibility for:

1. The "gypsy" fiasco. It frittered out into a public confession of a problem that didn't exist, followed by posturing from the club and then no action whatever at the next c*unt* game. The only end result was really bad press for the club and it's fans.
  2. Numbers? Any input into the Niculae numbers then? These are numbers that are going to cause this club a significant problem in the near future, and more bad publicity.
  3. Dreadful catering?
  4. Alienating Section G?
  5. A risible club shop that could have maximised some income with a bit of effort but then rolled over into another badly handled staff cutting exercise and yet more bad publicity.
These are just a couple of issues from someone who has no inside track on the club, which is why I have no idea what CC does and continues to be paid for. I think it's somewhat just that MS has now become a victim of the shoddy business he helped create/ administer. See you Mike.

Hold on here; he might have been a numbers man but he was GENERAL manager. This is an all encompassing role (as in general) So he has to take some measure of responsibility for:

1. The "gypsy" fiasco. It frittered out into a public confession of a problem that didn't exist, followed by posturing from the club and then no action whatever at the next c*unt* game. The only end result was really bad press for the club and it's fans.
  2. Numbers? Any input into the Niculae numbers then? These are numbers that are going to cause this club a significant problem in the near future, and more bad publicity.
  3. Dreadful catering?
  4. Alienating Section G?
  5. A risible club shop that could have maximised some income with a bit of effort but then rolled over into another badly handled staff cutting exercise and yet more bad publicity.
These are just a couple of issues from someone who has no inside track on the club, which is why I have no idea what CC does and continues to be paid for. I think it's somewhat just that MS has now become a victim of the shoddy business he helped create/ administer. See you Mike.

This is my point. Fair enough some of this is do do with him, but overall its the board which needs to deal with it. They are the head guys here and the ones that should be held responsible. As i said, Scapegoat.

The problem has always been people judging from the outside without having the full details to understand what goes on on a daily basis and what has been expected from Mike Smith

He has received a fair amount of flack from this forum and I don't think it's fair that he's been used as a scapegoat but we live in a blame culture and every likes to point the finger. The gypogate, he had his hands tied but as someone already mentioned, did he really need to kick up such a storm? would there really have been action from the police if he had ignored the situation and just had a quiet word with the stewards?

All I can comment on is the conversation I had with him and he seemed like a decent bloke, at least responded to my email and provided a detailed explanation for his actions. Being a manager isn't about being liked, infact, the most efficient for the business are usually the most hated... I just hope Darren knows what he's in for because as soon as there's a slip up our fans will demand his head on a platter.

Assuming this is nothing more than a cost cutting measure, and baring in mind that the law prevents you from paying someone off and then hiring a replacement, then I can only think that his duties will be taken over by staff already at the stadium.

surely that isn't true, football managers get paid off all the time and then replaced.

Did he not play for ICT for a short time?

:D :lol: :)

Did he not play for ICT for a short time?

Not sure he'd even know one end of a football field from the other. Sorry Darren

My mistake, I think I'm thinking of another MacDonald who played for ICT and his still working for the club (Danny perhaps?).

thats another mistake Rene , its Darren MacIntosh not Macdonald . :029:

Since you are in a pedantic mood let me point out that it is Mackintosh not MacIntosh :D

• 2 weeks later...

The problem has always been people judging from the outside without having the full details to understand what goes on on a daily basis and what has been expected from Mike Smith

He has received a fair amount of flack from this forum and I don't think it's fair that he's been used as a scapegoat but we live in a blame culture and every likes to point the finger. The gypogate, he had his hands tied but as someone already mentioned, did he really need to kick up such a storm? would there really have been action from the police if he had ignored the situation and just had a quiet word with the stewards?

All I can comment on is the conversation I had with him and he seemed like a decent bloke, at least responded to my email and provided a detailed explanation for his actions. Being a manager isn't about being liked, infact, the most efficient for the business are usually the most hated... I just hope Darren knows what he's in for because as soon as there's a slip up our fans will demand his head on a platter.

Yeah, i was very suprised to get a reply from him to my letter and he answered all my questions and even said that they plan to review the ticket prices due to the amount of complaints they have had. He seemed a nice enough guy.

So what exactly is this Darren's feckin background then ?

Darren was manager of the Health Club that is now called Bannatynes before he came to the club.

And before that he ran Harpers Fitness on Harbour Road, and the less said about that the better :argue: