FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Breaking News....

Reliably_Informed

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming this is nothing more than a cost cutting measure, and baring in mind that the law prevents you from paying someone off and then hiring a replacement, then I can only think that his duties will be taken over by staff already at the stadium.

CC'll be taking over his part of the show i reccon....

My understaning, from my brief experience I have had with Mr. Smith is that he is general manager. He manages the various functions of the club and gets them running as a whole. (So, it's his fault etc etc) Think of him as a the manager of a business, a business manager if you will. I have found him to be accomodating, knowledgable and interested, though I understand that some folk have had issues with the way he sees efficient running of the club. Nonetheless, I suspect the club got great value out of him; working to a tight budget as he always has been; I mean, we are not Rangers, are we...on second thoughts.....

If he has walked out then, no problem, he can be replaced. However, I doubt the club can manage itself, and that Charlie, if he is called on to do so, will find the load quite onerous, on top of his other duties; drawing numbers out of a hat and posing for photos.

I believe he only brought unrest to the club with regards to our own supporters. The only difference which may be in his favour is that his tenure was through the SPL years, where some of the rules were strictly adhered to causing unrest with the natives.

He was also a dab hand at directing cars from the car park, but a grossly overpaid car park attendant.