FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who ate all the pies?

CaleyD

I prefer vegetable lasagne to meat lasagne, and i am the biggest carnivore since T-Rex/Les Dawson. I personally like to have ma Bovril in one hand and Scotch pie in the other, with two more in my pocket. It's part and parcel of football for me. I cannot see the caterers adding vegetarian options asides from Macaroni pies unless it made up 20% of orders. Scotch Pie, Steak Pie, Macaroni Pie, Mince Pie, Balti Pie, Chicken Pie... thats where the real money is. 10% won't get them changing the order books I don't imagine.

I wouldn't order a vegetarian burger but i would order a broccoli, carrot, potato and stilton pie. Does such a thing exist? If so, I would prob buy that (and my 3 scotch pehs)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are now more posts on this thread about the feckin pies, than there are on Saturday's matchday thread!!

:lol:

Ha ha. But i'm not in the least surprised. I mean, look at the name of the scottish fottball fans forum...pie and bovril. It is the only place i can get both,and not feel like a jake, or a pig. I, for example, wouldnt order one for lunch and go back into the office...i would hide in the toilets and scoff it...but at a game - bingo.

Seriously though, it is a huge part of the matchday experience, and thats why people are posting.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll give the pie shop a miss till the spring just to see if things have improved by then, the turn around time is far too slow.

To Que from the half time whistle and miss the first 15 minutes of the second half isn't really worth it, after all I went there with the main intention of watching the football not dining out.

If would prefer to make a few suggestions instead of just moaning.

1,Put a big writing board on the back wall in the shop, with the heading 'ITEMS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK' and write with a temporary marker the unavailable items below,this will save time conversing with staff as to whats available,then there is the thinking time as to what else to get, plus the possibility of that being out of stock too.

Customers can then buy whats available instead of talking about what isn't.

2,The till operator/pie getter/drinks pourer/sweetie/crisps collector person takes too long to get rid of customers and the clue is in the operators title,

Get a routine established the person at the tills takes the money,gives the change and pours the drinks, each pair of till operators has a gopher or each operator has their own one if warranted, who collects anything else. the till operators were quite happy to do everything themselves today which didn't really help get rid of the ques and left an eager looking helper standing like a spare part by the pies.

Give some youngsters the opportunity to earn say ?5 and a free pie and drink who are currently at the game for working from 3.40 to 4.05 as gophers only 25 minutes work and you go home a fiver up and if you get rid of the ques you go back to the stand early.

3,Buy a tin of yellow paint and paint queueing lines on the floor, put box junction markings in the Que at certain points to allow people a fast and safe access back to the seating area whilst carrying hot food and drinks and clearly mark exit routes from the till areas which should be kept clear, also queueing posts could be used, the type that have the ribbon to section off the ques this would prevent Que jumping.

This makes exit from/to the shop quicker, fairer and safer.

These are excellent suggestions above, and I am willing bet you ?5 that none of them will be implimented by the end of the season.

I didn't queue today, but I was to told that pies have now gone up a further 40p and are now ?1.80. Except for the chicken balti ones which are ?2.20. There were, of course, no macaronie pies.

I see what the strategy is now; the franchisees are free to charge what they like for pies, on the understanding that half the profit goes to the club. Accordingly, I suggest that each pie-eater now gives a voluntary charge of ?5 for each pie purchased. The club will benefit, new players, better results etc etc

This has been Gordyfromsneck, Piewatch, TCS.

Until this new crowd took over...

A steak pie & a coke was ?3.00 - now ?4.00(?) (the bulk of the increase was the coke, up from ?1.30 to ?2.00!!

A 25% increase in cost for the pleasure of standing in a queue for an extra 15 mins... :)

Can we go back to G&M & I will donate ?1.00 per week to the wages kitty?

Until this new crowd took over...

A steak pie & a coke was ?3.00 - now ?4.00(?) (the bulk of the increase was the coke, up from ?1.30 to ?2.00!!

A 25% increase in cost for the pleasure of standing in a queue for an extra 15 mins... :)

Can we go back to G&M & I will donate ?1.00 per week to the wages kitty?

I don't care about the price if the food as I've now stopped buying it. It's really annoying that the bovril is cold though - especially in this bitterly cold weather. Perhaps it's now time to reconsider going to I

home matches IMHO.

Firstly, the opinions of fans being talked to at games is that they prefer the new caterer to the old one and things have improved. Still room for improvement and this will continue to be worked on and monitored.

Secondly, if people have nothing constructive to add then can you please just not bother posting. Saying "It's crap" over and over again adds zero value in terms of feedback and it's getting to the stage...yet again...where the posts and feedback that do add value are being lost among the rest and when that happens then it only serves to discredit the views of everyone.....or the club simply stop reading/listening.

Im sick of the peeps that run our club.

We have some of the best butchers and bakers in the country and yet we get some sh*tty, half assed national company to supply over expensive, bad tasting pies.

Such a simple thing and they cant even get that right.

Get rid of the board and the main people that make the main decisions - they couldnt run a kids club never mind a football club.

And who was it that asked for a change of caterer in the first instance?

If the club were claiming that everything was perfect and not doing anything then I could perhaps see the point of some of the comments being aimed at them....but their not and they are, for once, trying to improve things.

It's one thing to find a good supplier, but it's quite another to run an efficient catering service on match days and I'm certain that the club would be delighted to hear from all these local companies people think could do a better job whilst offering a worthwhile return.

I also asked for change as tthe pies were and still are terrible.

We now go to Harry gows before every match. Even if they charged double what Harry's does - i would still buy them. Imagine a Harry Gows soup and Bridie before the match? Heaven......

What idiot made this decision. He should be fired.

Our derby rivals embarass us with the way the clubs are run...........

The harsh reality is they now have a 5 and a half 1/2 year contract,

So anything done now will be down to profitability for the catering company, so it depends on how commercially driven they are to increase profits even further by having a far quicker turn around time or if they are happy enough just to make some money.

Of my three earlier suggestions,

If I was the catering company I would implement suggestion 1, immediately. 2 utilise extra staff for half time as a trial,and check the till rolls compared with the same till operator from the previous week to see how they compare and would look in to employing some fans for peak times as its difficult to get someone to work for you part time with no routine.

As for the third option, not interested, not my problem I would still bring in the same revenue weather it is gridlocked in front of the shop or not so would pass this back to the club and say it is for them to improve the crowd congestion, I would then donate some money to assist with the crowd improvements as an offer of goodwill for good relations.