Who ate all the pies?

CaleyD

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we have had a lot of windging on here about the catering the last few month so atleast the club are trying to sort it out, i beleve they still use local produce they just manage it, and do the talks in to the supply off so it makes for better deals and quality.

We don't have a "current local provider". The company being used till now was from somewhere along the A96.

Also, it could hardly have anything but a positive impact on quality. I stopped purchasing pies etc from our kiosks a couple of seasons back due to the fact that you couldn't be guaranteed your pie would be hot, and if it was then it was generally burnt solid in the process.

The club have answered the many, many complaints about the standard of the catering by appointing someone new and on top of that they seem to have done a deal which should increase the revenue they get from this part of the business.....everyone's a winner.

we have had a lot of windging on here about the catering the last few month so atleast the club are trying to sort it out, i beleve they still use local produce they just manage it, and do the talks in to the supply off so it makes for better deals and quality.

As you say and as I understand it, Lindley have no issue whatsoever with using local suppliers. Don't take this as 100% gospel, but I believe they are/will be looking to offer the much requested McDougall & Hastie Award Winning Pie as part of the increased menu they will have available.

If any of you had a pie at the Cup Final....that was Lindley Catering. I had one of each and liked them both :lol:

The answer as they say... is in the pie.

Kind of difficult when yer days work is 30 mins before a game and 15-20 mins at half time, cant see how they can make big changes to the system as it is, other than make more profit at the expense of.... quality?

I'm carefully trying to manage expectations here Scotty..... :(

I believe they have been asked to do, and do provide, Balti pies....but in terms of cutting them a bit of slack whilst they find their feet I'm not going to raise hopes too high at the moment :D

I applaud the club for addressing the pie issues.

I said many moons ago in ye olde boardroom banter of yesteryear that they should get pie-runners...the jury is still out on that i guess.

I would hope that the pies would not be some frozen stock that is farmed out to all and sundry rather that they are managing the service and efficiency of the operation, rather than cutting costs and offering mass produced stodge.

All eyes will be on the pies.

I applaud the club for addressing the pie issues.

I said many moons ago in ye olde boardroom banter of yesteryear that they should get pie-runners...the jury is still out on that i guess.

Maybe not :(

I would hope that the pies would not be some frozen stock that is farmed out to all and sundry rather that they are managing the service and efficiency of the operation, rather than cutting costs and offering mass produced stodge.

All eyes will be on the pies.

I don't believe that to be the case, although I don't know the exacting workings of Lindleys operation and won't make comment or promise that I can't vouch for.

From what we were briefed on when the Trust met with Darren last week, we should see an improvement on quality...which was already at rock bottom with the last lot, IMO...as well as service.

As I understand it, Lindley will be just as involved with what happens on our (the fans) side of the counter as they are with the serving side. This means properly managing queues and looking at ways to speed up the service. This will happen by way of properly trained staff and, if necessary, the addition of additional "service points". These could take the form of hot dog style catering units placed in outside areas and/or "pie runners" with those tray things positioned around the ground.

Personally I wouldn't expect to see those things on Saturday as they will need to get a feel for what's required and it would be unreasonable of us to expect them to spend where it's not necessary, but going forward I fully expect the whole thing to be more professional.

Lindley have just as much at stake as they will be investing in the equipment etc, so it makes sense for them to maximise sales, and to do that they need to have the service and the product quality up to par.

The deal with them is very much a partnership with the club, as opposed to how things have been done in the past where the club simply rented the space and that was it.

As with anything new...I just hope people give it a chance and not write it simply off because they are used to sub standard service from the club in recent years.

Guest Mahonio

:( :D :lol: They look good :lol: :005: :005:

We only have Johnstons Bakery or a paper shop here in Thurso that sell decent pies with the rest not good so i say you are lucky in Inverness :D :D

I'm carefully trying to manage expectations here Scotty..... :(

I believe they have been asked to do, and do provide, Balti pies....but in terms of cutting them a bit of slack whilst they find their feet I'm not going to raise hopes too high at the moment :D

Any chance they could rustle up a wee Lamb Bhuna, Rice and a Nan bread if orders are in at least 10 mins before half time. :lol:

Seriously credit to the club for addressing what has long been a problem area

Edited by stevico1

Its nice to be able to say something nice about the club and although ordering different merchandise for the shop (even if it doesnt arrive on time because we have a crap supplier) and then looking at addressing things like the quality of the catering wont win us points on the field, it does at least prove that Darren and his team have been listening to what fans are saying or asking for and are trying to make things a little better. Well done.

Its nice to be able to say something nice about the club and although ordering different merchandise for the shop (even if it doesnt arrive on time because we have a crap supplier) and then looking at addressing things like the quality of the catering wont win us points on the field, it does at least prove that Darren and his team have been listening to what fans are saying or asking for and are trying to make things a little better. Well done.

Regardless of the match making the afternoon at Caley park a more pleasant experience can only be a good thing. It's a bit like the trip to Killie - the game might be shte but at least you know you'll get a good munch.