Who ate all the pies?

CaleyD

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its nice to be able to say something nice about the club and although ordering different merchandise for the shop (even if it doesnt arrive on time because we have a crap supplier) and then looking at addressing things like the quality of the catering wont win us points on the field, it does at least prove that Darren and his team have been listening to what fans are saying or asking for and are trying to make things a little better. Well done.

Indeed Scotty, well done to Darren and his team its great to have somebody not only listen to requests but actually try to implement them.

Maybe Darren could negotiate the player contracts too (for the good ones we want to hang onto at least) :angry:

Tell you what Scotty, if they had signed Hayes and Esson on a five year deal that WOULD have made my day.

Free pies on Saturday?

Im looking forward to this, as a new steak pie is like Christmas to me. I get very excited. Though they do the Pies at Celtic Park and when i had one last.....Lets just saw it wasnt the greatest. Heres hoping its just because that club is full of tight fisted arseholes though!

Im looking forward to this, as a new steak pie is like Christmas to me. I get very excited. Though they do the Pies at Celtic Park and when i had one last.....Lets just saw it wasnt the greatest. Heres hoping its just because that club is full of tight fisted arseholes though!

Ouch. That sounds painful.

I agree with Top Six Next Year....

It will good to head along to TCS on Saturday full of hope, promise and anticipation....

I predict the first half of your pie will be mouthwatering and full of promise. Half way through it will inexplicably go cold and the second half will completely miss your taste buds. Some of it will not even finish in your mouth. The overall feeling will be disappointment, frustration and hunger. Next day several regular correspondents will be on this site demanding we sack the caterer...

:tonguecheek:

I agree with Top Six Next Year....

It will good to head along to TCS on Saturday full of hope, promise and anticipation....

I predict the first half of your pie will be mouthwatering and full of promise. Half way through it will inexplicably go cold and the second half will completely miss your taste buds. Some of it will not even finish in your mouth. The overall feeling will be disappointment, frustration and hunger. Next day several regular correspondents will be on this site demanding we sack the caterer...

:tonguecheek:

:015: :015:

I have actually worked in a football catering place before, Lossiemouth Football Club to be exact. We never had a bad review about us atall :tonguecheek:

I still have the menu's from when i worked there in 2005.

Butcher Mince Pie ?1 (Cost us 80p each and only made 20p profit but it made people come back for more)

Homemade Soup ?0.80 (Not watered down or anything, varied from scotch broth, tomato, lentil etc etc)

Butcher Sausage Roll ?0.80 (Cost 60p each and yet again made 20p profit)

Hot Dog in a roll (with onions) ?1 (cost ?1 in total when working out cost per item)

That was just the hot foods that we sold and it doesnt really seem like a money making scheme but we easily walked out of there with ?300 profit. Most people were coming back for more pies, one guy always came up after the match and bought everything i mentioned so he could have it for later. Maybe we should see about having more quality pies for quality priices so more fans feel willing to buy more.

As for the sweets, crisps, tea, coffee, we broke even on them selling them at 30p (sweets, crisps and soft drinks) and 50p (tea, coffee, bovril)

We were defo on to something when the quality went higher and the price was lowered.

but obviously the 'Linsey Group' are just like the rest..... ?1.80 a pie, ?1.40 a drink, ?1.00 capri sun (when you can get em for 20p :O

I have actually worked in a football catering place before, Lossiemouth Football Club to be exact. We never had a bad review about us atall :tonguecheek:

I still have the menu's from when i worked there in 2005.

Butcher Mince Pie ?1 (Cost us 80p each and only made 20p profit but it made people come back for more)

Homemade Soup ?0.80 (Not watered down or anything, varied from scotch broth, tomato, lentil etc etc)

Butcher Sausage Roll ?0.80 (Cost 60p each and yet again made 20p profit)

Hot Dog in a roll (with onions) ?1 (cost ?1 in total when working out cost per item)

That was just the hot foods that we sold and it doesnt really seem like a money making scheme but we easily walked out of there with ?300 profit. Most people were coming back for more pies, one guy always came up after the match and bought everything i mentioned so he could have it for later. Maybe we should see about having more quality pies for quality priices so more fans feel willing to buy more.

As for the sweets, crisps, tea, coffee, we broke even on them selling them at 30p (sweets, crisps and soft drinks) and 50p (tea, coffee, bovril)

We were defo on to something when the quality went higher and the price was lowered.

but obviously the 'Linsey Group' are just like the rest..... ?1.80 a pie, ?1.40 a drink, ?1.00 capri sun (when you can get em for 20p :O

Must have been a lot of fat folks at Lossie. ?300 profit from 30 fans. Thats a lot of eating.

That was in 2005 when people went to Lossiemouth games :O

and also that man that came at the end, usually spent about ?60 on pies at the end. I dont know why? Probably to threw at the team for losing again :lol:

Or....all these out of work people who want to go to the match could volunteer for programme/HT Draw Ticket selling and earn their ticket for the game!!! I believe it would be within the rules of income support/benefits claimants to do such a thing quite legitimately.

Scotty/Caley D:

Can we have a Matchday Pie Thread today? You can easily throw together a photo of Linley's, a pic of a pie, the eat-off time, the menu line-up, half time stock take stats, and those at the game could send tweets to let us know how they are going; quality, queues, prices, etc.

I would go as far to say that the pies may overshadow the game today, such is the clamour here.

I have decided tofly back to sneck just for the pies on boxing day.

Edited by Kirishima