FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee's relentless march to the title.....

tm4tj

By all accounts Dunfermline were very unfortunate not to have won this game and pummelled the Dundee defence for most of the second half, Dundee having two attacks and scoring with one of them.

Plenty of points still to play for.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By all accounts Dunfermline were very unfortunate not to have won this game and pummelled the Dundee defence for most of the second half, Dundee having two attacks and scoring with one of them.

Plenty of points still to play for.

Thats the problem. We equaled them, at least, in all of our games thus far but couldn't beat them. They have a knack of getting a result out of nothing, whereas we can play well and get beaten witha fluke. More often than not we dont win unless we outplay the opposition.

Dundee, however, manage to grind victories out, even if they play poorly. Its something we'll have to start doing to have a realistic go at winning the league.

Yer spot on iamthecaptain1, i'd agree over the piece both league games against ICT a draw was a fair result and we should have been buried in the cup final,but i've seen several games this season where the opposition played better football, County in Dingwall and Partick at Dens stand out,but we came away with full points,unlike previous seasons where we could outplay the likes of Saint J and Accies in most games and too often draw but dropping far to many points to be in contention when the chips were down.Everyone i spoke to about yesterday would have taken a point with 15 mins to go,but the spirit in the team is terrific this season and they are desperate to win(Alba final being the major turning point) long may it continue.

Good luck against Motherwell the night,I'll have my ICT head on for the evening :blink:

There is definitely a leak in the Dundee bubble, 1-0 to Queens at the moment early doors.

Can they repair it before the end of the day?

I see Dundee missed a penalty before Queens scored.

Edited by themann4thejob
Blimey

Can deal wi slow punctures Mannie, so lang as we dinnae suffer wi broken bottles .Pivitol weekend next week Coonty at Dens and QOTS at rampant Dunfermline,dinnae see ICT slipping against Partick tho they have something to prove after today

Eh'd have bit yer hand aff fir a point at 1500

The juggernaut is definitely slowing down. Another three points gone today thanks to our neighbours. They must have one of the poorest records in Scotland over the last few games. One win in their last five games, and that against the run of play over the Pars. Not Champion stuff at all.

Poor poor performance from Dundee yesterday Mannie, County came to do a job and did it well, they bossed the game and closed us down well, preventing us playing, i think both keepers had 1 save each to make.

Over the season all teams will go through a bad spell, so hopefully this is ours,a wee break for the cup next week then onwards and upwards from there,the waters are still a wee bit muddied with all the catch up games to be played but i'd still rather be top with points on the board than games in hand which need to be squeezed in and will stretch the resources of all teams concerned

• 2 weeks later...

An opportunity for the chasing pack to reel Dundee in a bit closer today as their game at Ayr is off due to a frozen pitch. Who would have thunk it. All the teams have games in hand over Dee.

With County at home to the Pars and Queens at home to Morton it's up to us to make the most of this and take the three points at Raith. Partick are also at home to bottom team Airdrie United. Looks like us and Dunfermline have the most difficult tasks today. By the end of February, the league could be condensed again, bring it on, on the other hand, Dundee could repair the damage and strengthen their grip on the title.

It would appear that only a win will be good enough to keep us in third place, however, it's a funny old game.

I'm sure that bubble is leaking.

An opportunity for the chasing pack to reel Dundee in a bit closer today as their game at Ayr is off due to a frozen pitch. Who would have thunk it. All the teams have games in hand over Dee.

With County at home to the Pars and Queens at home to Morton it's up to us to make the most of this and take the three points at Raith. Partick are also at home to bottom team Airdrie United. Looks like us and Dunfermline have the most difficult tasks today. By the end of February, the league could be condensed again, bring it on, on the other hand, Dundee could repair the damage and strengthen their grip on the title.

It would appear that only a win will be good enough to keep us in third place, however, it's a funny old game.

I'm sure that bubble is leaking.

might need to put another wee hole in it just to be sure :rolleyes:

Hopefully we can come away with 3 points today, although id take one if it was thrown at me :)

If you can catch three points, here they are.

Are you looking over yer shoulder Jocky old chum, we are closing in. County blowing their chance today and Queens looking suspect, I think the challengers are becoming clearer.

Heilandee, is yer sphincter twitching yet.

Bit of a scunner, our game getting called off,however results couldn't have gone much better, short of you guy's dropping a point or three.All the chasing pack have to play each other and points will go,still happy with the position we're in,but pressure has been applied due to losing to County,the run in will be interesting,last day decider anyone? :ohmy:

Queens closing in as well tonight, 1-0 up on Ayr (Kean) with Ayr down to 10 men (Samson off)

2-0 now (McKenna)

It's a romp for Queens now, 3-0 (Weatherston)

Edited by themann4thejob

Hssssssssssssss

Dundee just clinging on 1-0 over Partick, almost a penalty to Thistle, hsssssssssssssss

Dunfermline look to have slipped out of it with a home defeat to Ayr United.

HUUUUUUGGGE 3 points the day Mannie,wi you lads and Coonty no playing ,had we no won eh would have seriously been starting to worry,this puts the pressure back on chasing pack and surely Dunfy and Partick oot the race now.Awa to lie doon in a dark room now,eh hate listinin on OAM no good for the BP :ohmy:

RIP Bobby Cox legend