FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT v Dumbarton

Harry Chibber

Oh! almost forgot to mention Richie Hart, he was subbed first when in my mind he was the best midfielder on the pitch he was working hard, good runs and getting stuck in,  so he was not happy at coming off which looking at Russell's, Morgans and Barrys performance was quite justified.

Caley100 I couldn't agree with you less about Hart  :016:

He had a dreadful game - if he was playing well would he have been taken off after just an hour? I think not. I don't think we will see him I the side for a while.

Just copying and pasting what I posted on P & B

-------------------------------

I managed to bullet through after my exam finishing yesterday afternoon to take in the game. Full credit to Dumbarton for their 1st half performance - they really should have been ahead at half time!  :010: We opened the scoring with a very lucky goal. Denzil turned quickly in the box and his shot cannoned off about 4 Sons players past the helpless keeper.

Dumbarton scored a cracking equaliser. Not sure who scored it (apologies) but it looked like someone on the left side out sprinted our defender and lashed the ball across Browns goal into the net. Good wee finish. For the rest of the half ICT tried to get going but Dumbartons long ball game was catching us out. Many times our defence went to sleep and Dumbarton players found themselves with just Brown to beat. It was very uncomfortable viewing.

Into the 2nd half and the Sons appeared to tire a bit. Graham Bayne scored a goal that I can't even remember what it looked like. But he scored and the announcer seems to have dreamt up a quaint little nickname for him - Baynie (though in a Sneck accent its Beanie  :015: ).

ICTs third goal came after slack play by Dumbarton at the back. Trying to bring the ball out of defence the Sons player was met by Liam Keogh who put in a solid challenge to win the ball which ricocheted into the path of Rory MacAllister who lofted the ball over the onrushing keeper into the net.

Shocking crowd (from an ICT point of view) - just over 1,000. Wonder what happened to the missing 4,000 Home fans from Sunday?  :006:

Anyway, well played Dumbarton. Yet again I think ICT underestimated the opposition and nearly got screwed over. I can't help but wonder what might have happened if Dumbarton had scored another one before half time?

Edit: Sorry Dobbie scored the first goal but was generally fat all night. Not that impressed with him TBH.

I don't think Hart was hooked because CC thought he was having a bad game.

If you notice he was subbed shortly after we scored the 2nd goal and we seemed to be in control of the game.  Hart was sitting on a yellow and still getting stuck in to the opponents in the centre of the pitch, no point in risking him picking up a 2nd yellow and, for me, it was a sensible decision to replace him.

On a night where Donald got increasingly frustrated by our Players lack of determination there was one bit of light humour the vast majority did not witness which went a little like this...

Donald to fourth official - 'Why did he (ref) not play the advantage?'

Fourth Official - 'He was looking the other way?

Donald - 'He was looking at the ground'.

Fourth Official - silence.

Crowd in earshot - laughter.

Thanks Donald for little humour when you spent all night kicking *** and trying to get the boys to work harder. Also too the fourth official who took it in good spirit just a few minutes after planting a good one liner on Dumbarton's Manager. I have to say last night's match was played in very good spirit and this epitomised that spirit. Long may it continue.

IMO Russell Duncan had a good game. He was all over the park, very busy. Richie wasnt great but I thought Morgan and Bayne did well.

I'll second that. It was maybe that he was away from his regular holding roll for at least part of the game that he got a few flourishes in. I am quite liking that he is no longer a cert for theteam, as I feel CC is testing his options at this part of he season, but he cannot be overlooked. Jeez, I never thought I'd ever say that.

Bayne for a start today, I hope, but the Denzil likes to play well against the Jams.