FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Milan Derby

TheKnowledge

It's going to be a one team league for time yet sadly.

Just in addition to a couple of your earlier points - you've forgotten Pirlo when comparing midfields and whilst he might lack the bite of Cambiasso, his range of passing and superb set pieces offer something else. With regards to Milans team and who is actually worth the transfer fee you have forgotten Pato who is now worth many times what Milan paid for him initially. Seedorf is an odd one - I view him as the worst best player ever :tonguecheek:

Here's a nice video from a Milan point of view anyway which shows the talent of Pato and also some of the skill players like Pirlo and Seedorf can produce:

Damn, yes Pirlo. Can't believe i forgot him. I rate him highly though he still isn't as good as Cambiasso. I think Pato is fantastic. Though they need to keep him. The point i was trying to make was that they need to build more by spending. What really good defender have they spent decent money on recently? None that i can think of. Maybe you could correct me?

Damn, yes Pirlo. Can't believe i forgot him. I rate him highly though he still isn't as good as Cambiasso. I think Pato is fantastic. Though they need to keep him. The point i was trying to make was that they need to build more by spending. What really good defender have they spent decent money on recently? None that i can think of. Maybe you could correct me?

To be honest Pirlo and Cambiasso are pretty different to really compare. Unless you just looked at some kind of generic midfield comparison. I think they are both excellent players. Real were mad for letting Cambiasso go.

Milan have little money to spend. They need a huge overhaul of their defence and a lot of their midfield. Replacing Dida would be handy as well. However the capital to do all of that isn't there. Džeko will be the main signing this summer of they can get him. Gourcuff could've been an outstanding player for them but injuries and a strained relationship with Ancelotti put paid to his Milan career. He has fairly turned it on at Bordeaux though. Check this goal out:

(Can't embed the video).

Edited by RiG

I dont think you can really compare Pirlo and Cambiasso. The 1st is a playmaker who sits deep and pulls the strings, as well as delivering superb deliveries from dead ball situations. Cambiasso is more like Gattuso if your going to compare him with any Milan player only he gets forward more and has a better passing range, whereas Gattuso is better in the tackle and is powered by a duracell battery. He just keeps going.

Milan must be gutted that Kaka never went to Man City. They made a ?50-60m loss of profit on that sale.

You'd think they would try and buy from the back forward. Best way to do it IMHO

I dont think you can really compare Pirlo and Cambiasso. The 1st is a playmaker who sits deep and pulls the strings, as well as delivering superb deliveries from dead ball situations. Cambiasso is more like Gattuso if your going to compare him with any Milan player only he gets forward more and has a better passing range, whereas Gattuso is better in the tackle and is powered by a duracell battery. He just keeps going.

Milan must be gutted that Kaka never went to Man City. They made a ?50-60m loss of profit on that sale.

You'd think they would try and buy from the back forward. Best way to do it IMHO

Yeah, thats it. They get stronger as you go through the team, though problem is, the start is very poor.

To be honest Pirlo and Cambiasso are pretty different to really compare. Unless you just looked at some kind of generic midfield comparison. I think they are both excellent players. Real were mad for letting Cambiasso go.

Milan have little money to spend. They need a huge overhaul of their defence and a lot of their midfield. Replacing Dida would be handy as well. However the capital to do all of that isn't there. D?eko will be the main signing this summer of they can get him. Gourcuff could've been an outstanding player for them but injuries and a strained relationship with Ancelotti put paid to his Milan career. He has fairly turned it on at Bordeaux though. Check this goal out:

(Can't embed the video).

He is a very good player. Milan could do with him badly. If they really are so low on money, it might be a long time until we see a AC side good enough to win anything major. To think, it was not long ago they won the CL.

I wasn't really trying to compaire the two. I was just trying to say that IMO, Cambiasso is the better. And i agree, Madrid are crazy to have let the lad go.

Think it was more ?33.6 million but who's counting? :022:

I think they were quite happy not to let him to go to Man City simply because they were able to retain him for another few months and get them into the CL again. That alone would make up the shortfall in transfer cash.

I thought city bid a total of ?110m? with his transfer to Real being around the ?57m mark. Thats where I was getting the ?50 odd million from. Even getting them into the champions league is only worth around ?15m unless they can guarantee they reach the latter stages and they would still have to shell out on his wages also.

I think the CL is worth a lot more than that. Extra sponsorship. TV and gate money etc. all adds up.

I don't believe all the Media say tbh. Whilst the CL is worth a lot to the bigger clubs. I do not think that you will get 10 million or so just for getting into the group stages. In the past 5 years the Media have changed from getting 5 million, to 10, now 15! I think 5 million is more in the sector than 10 or 15. Especially for a team like Rangers or Celtic. Milan though are a big team and are worth a lot on the pitch. So they would possibly get more money.