FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Milan Derby

TheKnowledge

Inter were brilliant. Ronaldinhio couldn't have cared less about the out come of the game.

My main question though is, with all those Inter fans standing, jumping and RUNNING, how come there was no Hillsborough? I'm sure I saw a flare as well. Why were those responsible not ejected for ruining the viewing of the folk behind them? The big flags as well. It must all really ruin the enjoyment for the majority.

Its because Italian football realises people can have fun and not nesscessarily be dangerous.

Good game. Had a feeling that Julio Cesaer would save Rons pen. Wes Snjeider was ace until he decided to show his admiration of the ref.

Dont know what Dida was doing for the free kick. It was well taken and on target but almost right at him and he never even dived for it.

I've never really rated him.

Dida is probably the most over-rated keeper ever (or at least since Les Fridge), it's the look of surprise on his face everytime he makes a save that shows he shouldn't be playing at a club of AC Milan's stature... feck knows how he didn't manage to move for that free kick

I was hoping Milan would manage to get a goal in the second half but if one man knows how to organise a team it's Mourinho

Edited by Harry Chibber

I remember Dida used to be a fairly good penalty stopper. But given his stature (as Craig Burley said "something like 6 foot 6") he should able to save a fair few. He didn't even appear to attempt for that free kick.

Its something Milan have lacked for years is a good dependable 'keeper. Abiatti is erractic. Sometimes good sometimes ridiculously bad. And then they had a Kalec - the number 3 Oz keeper. An older guy - Rossi I think. None of them are really any good though. Then you look across the City(in the sense its the other team) and they've had an abundance of top keepers. Paliuca, Peruzzi, Toldo and now Julio Cesar.

Inter were superb with 10 men. It was another tactical masterclass from Mourinho.

Sebastiano Rossi was a legend! I remember he faced a penalty and after the team scored it and the player ran to get the ball out of the net Rossi floored him with a punch :lol:

Milan were poor last night. After Sneijder went off (no way a straight red, a yellow card definitely) you would find it hard to believe that Inter were one man down as AC seemed to offer so little going forward apart from maybe one 10 minute spell in the second half.

Maicon is a diving prick. Every time someone came near him he threw himself to the ground looking for a free kick and he won the free kick from which Pandev grabbed the killer second. A brilliant strike and a wise buy from Lazio. Dida is simply honking but he is the best of a bad bunch. The vast majority of that Milan team needs overhauled with Pato being pretty much the only "shining light" at the club. Just can't see past Inter for the title but I don't see them getting far in Europe.

Ac have alot of players at the club who are in the twilight of their careers now. And they missed the commanding influence of the more and more injury prone Nesta at the back.

Borriello is a decent striker but he's not in the Milan class. They've had him for years but kept loaning him out or co-owning him.

The likes of Seedorf, Jankalovski, Inzaghi, Favalli(i think his name is) have had their day. Gattuso, Pirlo, Beckham, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Ambrosini are all part of the 30+ group now and whilst there is no substitute for experience they need some fresh blood. You'd think the likes of Huntelaar and Flamini would have supplied that but for various reasons have either not settled or been out the team.

Rossi is a legend but had been well passed his best for years and he was still there. He probably still is.

There were very strong rumours of a move last summer and Milan were reportedly not far off striking a deal with Wolfsburg. But he seemed to be one of many players they were after - Fabiano was another. Their whole team needs a drastic overhaul but the funds aren't there to do it. Galliani will behappy enough if Leanardo can get them into the Champions League. They should have enough to finish 2nd in Serie A.

I still can't believe that Inter snapped Sneijder up for ?10 million. Bargain of the last few years I reckon.

Huntelaar was bought simply to appease the fans after the sale of Kaka and missing out on the likes of D?eko. I don't think Leaonardo ever really wanted him there.

Is Huntelaar really that bad? Seen him play a few games for Ajax and looked a cut above... his goals/game ratio was excellent. Haven't really had the chance to see him play for Madrid and now Milan

I thought Borrelio did alright last night, they didn't really have anyone running from the midfield, Seedorf, Gattuso & Ambrosini are all very defensive... basically they missed a Kaka

Is Huntelaar really that bad? Seen him play a few games for Ajax and looked a cut above... his goals/game ratio was excellent. Haven't really had the chance to see him play for Madrid and now Milan

Nothing to do with his talent really. I just think he (Leonardo) wanted a midfielder / defender and Huntelaar wasn't a priority for him. However he still shows what he is capable of but he is very much behind Pato and Borrelio in the pecking order.

I thought Borrelio did alright last night, they didn't really have anyone running from the midfield, Seedorf, Gattuso & Ambrosini are all very defensive... basically they missed a Kaka

Exactly what I said to my pals last night. Inter had Sneijder running from midfield to support the forwards. Milan had no one bar a wandering Ronaldinho and a right touchline hugging Beckham. Nothing whatsoever bursting from central midfield.

It was a good game. Milan defensively are terrible. To think they back line they once had, and compaire it to now...shocking.

Agreed. Remembering the likes of Baresi, Maldini et al is becoming a distant memory.

They definitely missed Nesta. If the game had been a week later he would have been available.

I wouldn't say Seedorf is a defensively minded player. But after his introduction he was only effective for about 10 minutes before Cambiasso snuffed him out. But starting with Gattuso, Ambrosini and Pirlo leaves alot of work for Ronaldinho. Both having to link with Borriello and makes the runs from midfield, neither of which he did to much effect.

I dont rate Ambrosini all that highly. Granted he's a good solid squad player to have but it seems odd how he's ahead of someone like Flamini.

Is Pato injured at present?

I dont rate Ambrosini all that highly. Granted he's a good solid squad player to have but it seems odd how he's ahead of someone like Flamini.

Yeh I know what you mean mate, he must be an excellent trainer/brown noser because I've never seen him have a good game... tbh there has been a few players that have played for Milan and the Azzuri, who have flattered to deceive

To an extent Seedorf is another one, I can't believe he has 4 champions league medals and is the only player to win the cup with 3 different teams!!! I've started to appreciate his contribution more as I got older but still can't believe at one point he was the most expenisive player in the world, especially when he hasn't got 1 notable position

Also, I remember watching a young Silvestre playing for Inter and thinking to myself "how does he manage to get a game for them" and then hearing he was signing for Man U 2 weeks later. :cry01:

Yeh I know what you mean mate, he must be an excellent trainer/brown noser because I've never seen him have a good game... tbh there has been a few players that have played for Milan and the Azzuri, who have flattered to deceive

or to quote Carlos Tevez "A boot licker" All he seems to do is disrupt play and not even that well.

To an extent Seedorf is another one, I can't believe he has 4 champions league medals and is the only player to win the cup with 3 different teams!!! I've started to appreciate his contribution more as I got older but still can't believe at one point he was the most expenisive player in the world, especially when he hasn't got 1 notable position

Also, I remember watching a young Silvestre playing for Inter and thinking to myself "how does he manage to get a game for them" and then hearing he was signing for Man U 2 weeks later. :blink:

Seedorf must have something to have done as well as he has. Nothing in particular stands out skill wise but he does have a very good footballing brain.

And I think everyone thought Sivestre was an odd one. I remember another player playing in Italy in Jonathan Zebina for Roma. I cant fathom how he got a game for a top flight Italian side. I cant even remember a game where he didn't make an error of some sort, usually leading to a goal against.

All he seems to do is disrupt play and not even that well.

Here here! Amborsini is as good as any in the air and he puts double the effort in of any Milan player, other than Gattuso. I reckon he's there to remind the likes of Ronaldinhio what it means to play for a club like Milan.

On Huntelaar, I thought he was brilliant when he played on Setanta sports but now he's on ESPN he doesn't seem to play any more. What's that all about?

or to quote Carlos Tevez "A boot licker" All he seems to do is disrupt play and not even that well.

He was excellent against Genoa displaying some excellent skill at times. Against beter teams he is average at best.

I remember another player playing in Italy in Jonathan Zebina for Roma. I cant fathom how he got a game for a top flight Italian side. I cant even remember a game where he didn't make an error of some sort, usually leading to a goal against.

He is turgid. Hysterically Juventus signed him for reasons completely unknown.

In all honesty, i couldn't see Milan's midfeild and defence dealing with Inter. Cambiasso is better than any midfielder Milan have and expect Gattuso, AC do not really have a player than can work the midfeild. Clerance is getting too old and Ambrosini is not good enough to be relied on. If he has part of a four or five man midfield he might fare diffrently, but not when there is only 3. The Milan defence is bad. With all their defenders fit, they have a choice. Play a back line with the average age of about 36 or play with a defense that does not have the same quality. Not a good outlook. And unless Milan actually invest, they will not get anybetter. Who have they spent money on in their squad that is worth it? Ronadinho and Huntelaar. One of them doesn't get played as often as he should. They have too many that are near their pension. Inter will continue to dominate Italy until AC Milan spend. Juve are not the team they used to be. They have some real good players but they are weak in a couple of areas which needs looking at.

In all honesty, i couldn't see Milan's midfeild and defence dealing with Inter. Cambiasso is better than any midfielder Milan have and expect Gattuso, AC do not really have a player than can work the midfeild. Clerance is getting too old and Ambrosini is not good enough to be relied on. If he has part of a four or five man midfield he might fare diffrently, but not when there is only 3. The Milan defence is bad. With all their defenders fit, they have a choice. Play a back line with the average age of about 36 or play with a defense that does not have the same quality. Not a good outlook. And unless Milan actually invest, they will not get anybetter. Who have they spent money on in their squad that is worth it? Ronadinho and Huntelaar. One of them doesn't get played as often as he should. They have too many that are near their pension. Inter will continue to dominate Italy until AC Milan spend. Juve are not the team they used to be. They have some real good players but they are weak in a couple of areas which needs looking at.

First Italian game in a while was it?

First Italian game in a while was it?

How did you know?

:tonguecheek:

Yes infact it was. I lost interest in Italian football a couple seasons back as it is not even a two team league.

It's going to be a one team league for time yet sadly.

Just in addition to a couple of your earlier points - you've forgotten Pirlo when comparing midfields and whilst he might lack the bite of Cambiasso, his range of passing and superb set pieces offer something else. With regards to Milans team and who is actually worth the transfer fee you have forgotten Pato who is now worth many times what Milan paid for him initially. Seedorf is an odd one - I view him as the worst best player ever :tonguecheek:

Here's a nice video from a Milan point of view anyway which shows the talent of Pato and also some of the skill players like Pirlo and Seedorf can produce: