FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher and Malpas

Johnboy

Shoot me down in flames if you like.... This is just a suggestion.

With TB's ban from the dug-out last night, could his time maybe have been more profitably spent at Dunfermline, taking in their game with Partick?

MM seemed to me to be doing a fine job in his place. TB has proved to be a pretty good pundit over the years - he reads a game well, and is good at spotting a team's strengths and weaknesses.

As PT obviously played well last night, it might not have been a bad thing to have our main man analysing it all and passing on any useful info to our players.

Thoughts?

Shoot me down in flames if you like.... This is just a suggestion.

With TB's ban from the dug-out last night, could his time maybe have been more profitably spent at Dunfermline, taking in their game with Partick?

MM seemed to me to be doing a fine job in his place. TB has proved to be a pretty good pundit over the years - he reads a game well, and is good at spotting a team's strengths and weaknesses.

As PT obviously played well last night, it might not have been a bad thing to have our main man analysing it all and passing on any useful info to our players.

Thoughts?

Is this serious? Jeez!!

Well Butcher would have worked with the team all week, picked the team, set up the tactics and given the pre game instructions to the players. He would have also made the subs and any tactical changes exactly the same as he would of from the bench. Not exactly hard to pass a message down to the dugout. He could have even shouted any messages himself to the players from the mian stand and they would have prob have heard him so really there was very little difference to him being in the stand as opposed to in the dugout. Malpas would not have had complete control over the team for that game!